Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let's promote the adoption of the Revolutionary Calendar to advance the scientific timekeeping of the region!

Author Topic: Foreign Update XVIII  (Read 1120 times)

Offline AntallicA

• Key to the gate
    • Europeia's forum
Foreign Update XVIII
« on: February 16, 2008, 08:32:39 PM »

Europeian Foreign Update

Jan. 28th/08, 11th Congress, 11th Cabinet, 6th Senate
Population: 94 Nations
Regional Power: Moderate
UN Delegate: Paleomiz
Lt. UN Delegate: Vacant

Executive Government
Supreme Chancellor: HEM
Vice-Supreme Chancellor: Pineapleboy
President: Lethen
Vice President: HEM
Chief Justice: Anumia
Grand Admiral: Allied Alliances
Foreign Secretary: Pez201
Culture Minister: Bradshaw the Sceptic
Immigration Minister: Paleomiz
Junior Ministers (Foreign Affairs): Peaceful Llamas, Antallica
Junior Ministers (All other departments): Vacant

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker: Cordova I
Deputy Senate Speaker:
Senate Clerk:
Senators:
Delvetia
Don Corlene
Cordova I
Nlhp
Stratus
Paleomiz
Pineapleboy

Delvetia
In a couple of weeks, Delvetia will be retiring from public life in Europeia for some time due to RL obligations. His presence in the Senate, in the Cabinet, in the Foreign Service and on the forum in general will be sorely missed, as Europeian citizens hold him in the highest regard.

Senate by-election
A Senate by-election was held a couple of weeks ago, to find a replacement for Danoboy63. Don Corlene won the vote and duly became Europeia's newest Senator. The unsuccessful candidates were General Amorov, Peaceful Llamas, Antallica and Pez201.

Position scrapped
The position of Cabinet undersecretary, held so briefly by Pez201, was scrapped. No one really seemed bothered by this.

History exams
The final exam for History, led by HEM, is currently being held in the Europeian University.

Europeian Navy in Mobius
The Europeian Navy has been flexing its muscle in the region of Mobius. As expected, our navy has taken over the region and is at anchor. HEM has graciously offered all Mobius natives a home in Europeia, although none so far have taken up his offer.

Public Assembly
An act was passed through the Senate (The Public Assembly Act), creating the Public Assembly. All citizens who are not in the Senate or the Judiciary automatically become members of the Senate. The Public Assembly will be used by citizens to suggest bills and debate on bills currently being discussed in the Senate.

Regional power
Regional power is moderate, after being high for some time. There are currently ninety-four nations in Europeia.

New minister
Bradshaw the Sceptic is the new Culture Minister in Europeia, replacing Delvetia.

EUROPEIAN CULTURE

Total forum posts: 34,900

Top ten posters:
HEM   4,685     
Lethen   4,365     
Pez201    2,878     
Paleomiz   2,385     
Cordova I   2,082     
Pineapleboy   1,871     
Danoboy63   1,837     
Hyanygo   990     
nasalivesII   922     
The Holy Empire of Coed Showers  862

And honourable mentions to South West England and Desakar, who have each logged over two hundred posts, or something like that, in the last twenty-four hours. They'll tell you exactly how many. :)

Secret room competition
Pez201 won the secret room competition, set up by Pineapleboy. By finding the secret room first, he won... nothing.

Not many playing roleplay
Roleplay has lagged a bit (okay, a lot) but spamming activity is as healthy as ever.

Ask Bradshaw
Bradshaw the sceptic dispenses his words of wisdom on the citizens of Europeia, answering their questions about anything and everything.

Official Update from the Europeian Department of Foreign Affairs
Written by: Pez201, Europeian Foreign Secretary
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:37:48 PM by AntallicA »

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
Re: Foreign Update XVIII
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »
Thank you for the update, ambassador. Is there any way one could order some fish from Mobius, I hear it's delicious?  ;)
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline AntallicA

• Key to the gate
    • Europeia's forum
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
Thank you for the update, ambassador. Is there any way one could order some fish from Mobius, I hear it's delicious?  ;)
Well I don't eat fish so you can have the plunder I was given :)

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 12:09:45 PM »
*bows* Most gracious of you. In return, I just opened a tab for you in the tavern. I'll pick up the check. ;)
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline AntallicA

• Key to the gate
    • Europeia's forum
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 03:07:25 PM »
 :drunks:

Don't mix me with alcohol, I taste better by myself :)