Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Long live the Glorious Revolution!

Author Topic: Osamafune and Canada's Campaign  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
Osamafune and Canada's Campaign
« on: January 22, 2008, 05:09:09 AM »
Let's just skip straight to the nitty gritty, shall we?

I believe the thing plaguing Taijitu most, and is the current biggest threat to our region, is the CTE crisis. As we know, nations are CTE'ing at a much quicker pace than they are joining. We need to get the situation under control, and as Delegate, this would be my first priority.

I do not see this as the result of any one thing. Multiple factors are causing the CTE crisis:

• That time of the year where school is in and the majority of the NationStates community is focusing more on their academics, as they should.
  • A large number of nations in the feeders being puppets of other people.
  • A decline in the number of people recruiting.
  • Fewer people not logging back in after a recruitment session to answer any questions of the people they have TGed.
  • A drop in the number of people playing NationStates as a whole.
  • A lack in things to do to keep potential citizens attached to Taijitu.

To combat our falling population requires more than one approach towards the issues factoring against us. For the first two points, obviously nothing can be done about them.

To get more people recruiting, I would like to separate the Community and Recruitment Ministeries a little more and nominate a more active Recruitment Minister that will advertise the Ministry a little more and encourage registered recruiters to begin recruiting again. The Recruitment Minister would be charged with getting people here, whereas the Community Minister would be charged with keeping them here.

We have heard about how people failing to respond to potential citizens has turned some away. So to fix this, I would propose to Elu or Limi to alter the recruitment message in the Toaster to include something along the lines of "I have some things coming up soon and may not be able to respond to any questions you may have, so you may want to direct any to <insert nation>, who is our Recruitment Minister." The Recruitment Minister should also encourage people to log on to check for questions after they have made a recruitment run.

The fall of NationStates could potentially be more hazardous to our well being more than anything else. With Max Barry having all but forgotten the game, we, the players, may have to take it into our own hands to do some advertising for the game. This is something I plan to do with the Neutral Territory. I would also start recruitment from somewhere other than NationStates for potential citizens. A Youtube video for Taijitu would definitely be interesting to do.

As of late, Taijitu seems to have become nothing more than a community where people can come together and just chat or RP. This is also affecting the number of people joining and staying in Taijitu, because there appears to be nothing to do. I will work with the Community Minister to come up with things to have people want to join Taijitu and keep them here once they do. Some ideas include the re-instituting of the Finance Ministry and additional items added to the forum's Shop that people can buy. I also want to bring two ideas over to Taijitu from other regions such as the new interregional organization, the Order of the Lion, which is not my idea, but the goals of which are to spark conversation on a region's forum and encourage people to recruit for the region they have a chapter in. The second idea is the Chess Club. In La Mafia, I have proposed the Chess Club idea to wide acclaim. This may very well be a good place to set up the headquarters for an Interregional Chess Club, hopefully drawing in new citizens from other regions and intriguing new NationStates players to join and stay in Taijitu.

The Army is a long neglected part of our region. As Delegate, I would allow for the citizens of the region to decide whether or not to move Taijitu towards the raider side of the spectrum, the defender side of the spectrum, or to remain neutral. I will not align Taijitu the way I feel, but rather the way the majority of the citizens feel. I of course would prefer that we not remain neutral, but I will leave that up for you to decide and try not to encourage the region to side with my own beliefs. Many regions are wanting spark conflicts to generate an interest in NationStates to help revive it, so I feel it is in our best interest not to remain neutral. It is also in our best interest, to you know, actually play the game.

But regardless, the Army has been neglected more than it should have. Just because we are neutral does not mean we couldn't have used it in practice operations at the very least. No matter what faction we decide on, I plan to at least have regular practice operations for the Army in the various Warzones. Depending on how active our military becomes, I would also like to implement a ranking system in the Army that is mostly symbolic. If that comes to fruition, I would designate the wage provided in the Code of Laws, Article III as a "minimum wage," and pay them more and/or give them a bonus for each rank they go up.

Of course, the Army is not the only thing to have been neglected lately, it seems. A majority of the government has seemingly fallen into apathy and inactivity, such as there currently being inactive ministers and about half of the senators voting on any given piece of legislation. I have no powers to remove senators, but I will not tolerate inactive ministers in my cabinet. My previous statements on giving people something to do other than chat or RP, and the placing of more emphasis on the Army will keep some, if not most, of those inactive members and not force me into demoting one. Along with keeping the ministers active, we need to keep them talking to each other as well which is why I plan on trying weekly/bi-weekly cabinet meetings.

Many of those ministers and senators also happen to be major RPers in our community. Bringing those people back into the system, especially St. Oz who manages our map, is critical to keeping the RP afloat. While the region as a whole sinks, so is the RP. We have seen numerous major players stop RP. As avid RPers, and the only active Taijitu RPers to have decided to run so far, Canada and I would be the best at improving the status of our RP. We get a few people who come soley for the RP, I want to bring more of them in. In our regional updates, I want to encourage more citizens of foreign regions to come to our region and RP. At the same time, with our non-NationStates recruitment, I want to do something similar and try and convince people to come for our RP, if they do not find the game itself interesting.

Questions?

Offline B9 perspective

• Reincarnate Russian Potato Farmer Extraordinaire
  • Easy, Baby..........
Re: Osamafune and Canada's Campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 06:54:15 AM »
Apart from ministerial activity, and increased attention to Military affairs and recruiting ( all of which I see as atleast potentially stimulating) are there anyways that you envision that the Taijitu forum's infrastructure or handling of it's administrative tasks might be improved?
How might cross communication between citizens and the Senate be approached in more inspiring ways?
What do you consider basic fundamental ingredients to regional hospitality and diplomacy?

Tolerance, generosity, patience, openmindedness, and anything having to do with chord progressions....

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 12:43:09 AM »
I don't believe there's much that should be changed about the forum's infrastructure. I would make the Community Minister a moderator of the Bazaar, Zocalo, Acropolis, Medeist Academy, and all subforums contained within as well as the Welcome to Taijitu and General categories.

I have one idea to boost citizen/senator communication, which is to allow all citizens to propose bills, debate them in the Chambers, and vote to nominate/dismiss them before the Senate holds a final vote. I have a feeling though that as Delegate, this isn't something that I would be able to do, because it would require a change in Senate procedure. This would still be something I would support though.

For regional hospitality and diplomacy, I would encourage our ambassador to do more than go to other regions just to post our updates, but to also take part in their general discussion board(s) to try and promote freedship between us and anyone we have an embassy with.

Have I answered your questions?

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 12:54:43 AM »
There was something I wanted to go back and add to the first paragraph, but due to an apparent character limit on my PS3, I wasn't able too.

I wanted to say that not all of the RPers like the board descriptions, specificaly the IPO board, so I would probably change at least that one. I would also give the AC their own board. That's all I plan to change on the forum (that and the things mentioned in my previous post).

Offline Of Crazed

• The most Ancient and Noble House of Black
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 03:36:09 AM »
I like warzones, but that normally just generates short term activity.  Any plans after that?
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 04:30:09 AM »
Quote from:  Osamafune
To get more people recruiting, I would like to separate the Community and Recruitment Ministeries a little more and nominate a more active Recruitment Minister that will advertise the Ministry a little more and encourage registered recruiters to begin recruiting again. The Recruitment Minister would be charged with getting people here, whereas the Community Minister would be charged with keeping them here.

You do realize that the Minister actually has very little to do with the actual recruiting?

Offline B9 perspective

• Easy, Baby..........
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »

What do you consider basic fundamental ingredients to regional hospitality and diplomacy?

Yes, you answered all my questions, thanks..what I hoped to hear in response to the self quoted question above, however, was a description of some of the qualities-attitudes, that you may believe hospitality and diplomacy may encompass, there you have it- a subjective rather than objective interpretation..not how hospitality and diplomacy might be technically approached or by whom, but rather, what are the qualities that you believe hospitality and diplomacy possess. Surely I should have elaborated my question more clearly...is what I've expressed any more clear? *crosses fingers*
Tolerance, generosity, patience, openmindedness, and anything having to do with chord progressions....

Offline Limitless Events

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »
Have you looked at the warzones recently?

If yes, is there any point in training there?

If no, please look at them and tell me what you think of their current state.

I'll have more questions later
Make sense? What fun is there in making sense?

Offline Limitless Events

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 03:06:27 AM »
more questions now:

Regardless of the outcome of this election would you begin recruiting again since you have signed up to do so?

So to fix this, I would propose to Elu or Limi to alter the recruitment message in the Toaster to include something along the lines of "I have some things coming up soon and may not be able to respond to any questions you may have, so you may want to direct any to <insert nation>, who is our Recruitment Minister."
Isn't this a bit like blowing a nation off after you take the time to personally telegram them and then tell them you're too busy to answer their questions?

Where would you recruit from outside of NS?

If a Youtube video is made, how would you make sure that it actually gets noticed and not buried in all the other ivdeos on the site?

As avid RPers, and the only active Taijitu RPers to have decided to run so far, Canada and I would be the best at improving the status of our RP
Do you need to be delegate in order to improve the status of RP?

I wanted to say that not all of the RPers like the board descriptions, specificaly the IPO board, so I would probably change at least that one. I would also give the AC their own board.
If the members of the IPO were to bring this issue to the admins attention with an alternate description it can easily be changed.

At this point in time who would you pick to run the various ministries?

As for adding items to the shop, what is available is extremely limited and difficult to add in with completely new items being even more difficult ot create
Make sense? What fun is there in making sense?

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 04:33:53 AM »
I like warzones, but that normally just generates short term activity.  Any plans after that?
It's only intended as training exercises. Remember, I'm going to put it up to vote for whether we should go raider, defender, or remain neutral (I doubt we'll decide to stay neutral, though). We'll be getting involved in further operations after taking the warzones.

Yes, you answered all my questions, thanks..what I hoped to hear in response to the self quoted question above, however, was a description of some of the qualities-attitudes, that you may believe hospitality and diplomacy may encompass, there you have it- a subjective rather than objective interpretation..not how hospitality and diplomacy might be technically approached or by whom, but rather, what are the qualities that you believe hospitality and diplomacy possess. Surely I should have elaborated my question more clearly...is what I've expressed any more clear? *crosses fingers*
I think so... It's kind difficult to answer though :p . On top of being polite to them, citizens need to be willing to reach out and and engage in some kind of dialog with new foreign dignitaries and potential citizens that register on our forum. To you know, make them feel welcomed. I know of a couple people that had actually left because they felt people here didn't want anything to do with them.

Have you looked at the warzones recently?

If yes, is there any point in training there?

If no, please look at them and tell me what you think of their current state.

I'll have more questions later

Yes I have, and I know they're small and would be easy to take. Warzones aren't really normal regions, per se... And I want to get in some kind of training operations prior to us deciding what path we want to go down (raider, defeder, neutral). I view taking the Warzones as the smallest "violation" (for a lack of better words) of our neutrality.

more questions now:

Regardless of the outcome of this election would you begin recruiting again since you have signed up to do so?

So to fix this, I would propose to Elu or Limi to alter the recruitment message in the Toaster to include something along the lines of "I have some things coming up soon and may not be able to respond to any questions you may have, so you may want to direct any to <insert nation>, who is our Recruitment Minister."
Isn't this a bit like blowing a nation off after you take the time to personally telegram them and then tell them you're too busy to answer their questions?

Where would you recruit from outside of NS?

If a Youtube video is made, how would you make sure that it actually gets noticed and not buried in all the other ivdeos on the site?

As avid RPers, and the only active Taijitu RPers to have decided to run so far, Canada and I would be the best at improving the status of our RP
Do you need to be delegate in order to improve the status of RP?

I wanted to say that not all of the RPers like the board descriptions, specificaly the IPO board, so I would probably change at least that one. I would also give the AC their own board.
If the members of the IPO were to bring this issue to the admins attention with an alternate description it can easily be changed.

At this point in time who would you pick to run the various ministries?

As for adding items to the shop, what is available is extremely limited and difficult to add in with completely new items being even more difficult ot create

In the order you asked them:

Of course I would start recruiting again, but you seem to act like I'm the only candidate here who has been slacking in their recruitment duties.

You've got a point there that I didn't think of, but I would still like to see the Minister of Recruitment in there somewhere that people could contact.

Youtube, other gaming forums that allow it, instant messaging friends, blogs, etc.

By first off, making as good a movie as possible and second, to include it in the off site areas mentioned above.

Possibly. If I couldn't convince the government to do the RP promotion and other slight changes made, then yes I would have to be the Delegate.

In theory, but some of us have asked that the AC get it's own subforum, and that hasn't happened yet.

• Community: Al
  • Recruitment: Temp (and if Khab was to return, I would be more than happy to give her the deputy position)
  • Internal: Taco
  • Regional Security: Flem
  • Defense: I'm on the fence for this one, mainly because it depends on which route we go down. Meri is on the top of my list of possibilities though.
  • Finance: Delfos
  • Foreign Affairs: Kor

I really wouldn't know a whole heck of a lot about that since I have never been an admin here before... But it's not impossible, right?
Quote from:  Osamafune

You do realize that the Minister actually has very little to do with the actual recruiting?
It doesn't mean they can't get more involved by encouraging people to rp, and now, organizing the non-NS recruitment.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »
Also, the Delegate and his power has fallen to that of the Senate. While my running mate and I want to bring more people here, we also put the Delegate's power back in their hands and not the hands of the oligarchy Senate. I am a Senator, and it takes a Senator to realize that the Senate wields a great deal of power compared to the Delegate. The Delegate has moved down to the rank of constitutional monarch. No power, they only are there. Let's bring the Delegate's power back to the people and not the Senate.
Article II: The Legislative

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

"YES WE CAN!" Barack Obama 2007

Offline Bara

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »
hmm...if i vote for you, will you vote for me?
Bara, King of Spam, Slayer of Spelling, Vanquisher of Grammar.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 12:55:53 AM »
You realize, Bara, that gets you no where. You waste your own vote on him, and he gives you one, so you're right back where you started.

No questions, yet.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 03:13:52 AM »
hmm...if i vote for you, will you vote for me?
Since it's condorcet, I almost have to in a way  :P

Offline B9 perspective

• Easy, Baby..........
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 07:31:14 AM »
Also, the Delegate and his power has fallen to that of the Senate. While my running mate and I want to bring more people here, we also put the Delegate's power back in their hands and not the hands of the oligarchy Senate. I am a Senator, and it takes a Senator to realize that the Senate wields a great deal of power compared to the Delegate. The Delegate has moved down to the rank of constitutional monarch. No power, they only are there. Let's bring the Delegate's power back to the people and not the Senate.
Which powers, specifically, do you want to have returned to the Delegate? and through what process?