Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: Osamafune and Canada's Campaign  (Read 4233 times)

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
Re: Osamafune and Canada's Campaign
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 09:00:07 AM »
This is something I plan to do with the Neutral Territory.
May I remind you that you are present in the Neutral Territory as the delegate of another region and thus are completely foreign to the interests of Taijitu.

Please tell us what your connections with the F.R.A. (a defender organization) are.

What is your military experience in NS? How would you allow the region to decide whether to go raider or defender? I personally think that's just bs, unless you're planning to work a few weeks in order to get a minor part of Taijitu to speak its mind about such a topic, you shouldn't promise things you have never done before. What would the command structure you would like to implement look like?

I fail to see the connection between being delegate and revitalizing RP, aside from trying to get votes from people who do RP and would hope that while having a del who RPs it would somehow boost the activity they like. The NS government doesn't need convincing to promote RP, any regional project that promotes Taijitu should be important, RP or not. The RP community has to promote itself. Please explain your logic beyond mere words.

How would you envision the future relations between Taijitu and The Pacific? What is your stance on Taijitu's policy towards Gatesville? The Equilism? How do you appreciate the latest developments in The North Pacific or Nasicournia? How would you shape the external policy of the region?

Why have you chosen GCE as your VDC? Why do you think have a number of people turned you down when asked to run as your VDC?

TO GCE: would you mind posting for us your NS background/history? I know very little to nothing about you.
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 04:11:30 AM »
May I remind you that you are present in the Neutral Territory as the delegate of another region and thus are completely foreign to the interests of Taijitu.
Technically, I'm not the delegate anymore since I moved my nation here. If I were to win the delegacy here though, what's keeping me from representing Taijitu's interests?

Please tell us what your connections with the F.R.A. (a defender organization) are.
The Empire of Great Britain Reborn joined the FRA prior to me rejoining the region and becoming the Prime Minister. Due to a lack of people in the region, I'll probably end up being the assembly rep soon. I haven't taken part in any FRA operations, I rarely visit their forums, and if they hadn't helped out the region so much when the founder CTE'd, I wouldn't really care to be apart of it.

What is your military experience in NS?
I know the basics of NS warfare, but I haven't taken part in any military operations, unless you were to count TRR. I would rely on my Minister of Defense for carrying out and leading operations.

How would you allow the region to decide whether to go raider or defender?
By a public debate, followed by a public poll.

I personally think that's just bs, unless you're planning to work a few weeks in order to get a minor part of Taijitu to speak its mind about such a topic, you shouldn't promise things you have never done before.
They can only hurt themselves by not speaking their mind. At this point, as long as we don't remain neutral, I think either the raider or defender paths would be a benefit to us.

What would the command structure you would like to implement look like?
It would be mostly symbolic, with standard American/British ranks.

I fail to see the connection between being delegate and revitalizing RP, aside from trying to get votes from people who do RP and would hope that while having a del who RPs it would somehow boost the activity they like. The NS government doesn't need convincing to promote RP, any regional project that promotes Taijitu should be important, RP or not. The RP community has to promote itself. Please explain your logic beyond mere words.
I'm trying to get everybody's vote, including the RPer's. Kind of like what you said before about getting testimony that would further your case to get the justices to see things your way.

I already explained how the admins seem a bit apathetic towards the RPing community. I don't agree with you that the RP community should promote itself. It isn't a separate being from Taijitu, it's an integral part. I think it should be the government that promotes it, it's as simple as that. I think it should also be the government that promotes other regional projects, such as the Medeist Academy, the Bazaar, etc.

How would you envision the future relations between Taijitu and The Pacific? What is your stance on Taijitu's policy towards Gatesville? The Equilism? How do you appreciate the latest developments in The North Pacific or Nasicournia? How would you shape the external policy of the region?
I have no vision, stance, opinion, ect. on any this. Our relations with other regions, other than our deciding of a pro-raider or pro-defender stance, isn't even on my to do list. What we need is forum activity and new members, and we need it now. Foreign relations is not immediately necessary, and I probably won't touch on it except when accepting embassy requests.

Why have you chosen GCE as your VDC?
I think we have a lot of similar views on Taijitu and RP, and we're both in the Conservative Party of Taijitu.

Why do you think have a number of people turned you down when asked to run as your VDC?
Delfos was the first person I asked, according to him, he would only be a hindrance to my campaign. I don't think particularly cared for having the position anyway, if you recall back to him saying he has never held a position of leadership in the region and didn't want too.

Al was next, and she always turns down the nominations for delegate or vice delegate (well, except for this time, but keep in mind that she wasn't even nominated for it until I after I asked her to run with me).

Before asking Canada, I asked Tal. He said he was busy with RL things, which I believe, because I haven't seen him on very much.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 04:34:12 AM »
Do you have any comments on the allegations that you kill puppies and kittens and eat babies?

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 04:40:47 AM »
Now now, I don't eat puppies, kittens, or babies, you can rest assured of that. I DO carve out and eat baby brains with a spoon, though. Mmmmm... baby brains... *drools*

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »
Thank you for your answers.

Technically, I'm not the delegate anymore since I moved my nation here. If I were to win the delegacy here though, what's keeping me from representing Taijitu's interests?
The fact that you are present in the NT as representative of another region is for me a major problem. I do not believe in multiple personalities and in people representing more regions at once or deciding who they should represent based on their success or failure on multiple fronts followed in parallel. That is being a mercenary and I do not wish to have such a delegate.

That ^ is why I am convinced that your tendency to mix RP and NS game play is potentially dangerous for a region you would lead. I was asking you about how you would get the army going, not about the names or color people involved in that would wear. You mentioned the revitalization of the Army as one of your main objectives, yet you cannot sustain a simple project or present a new operative structure - things without which an army in NS is not functional. I am forced to believe that you use the army-issue only because it is clear to all that in the present context it is definitely important, but you have not clue as to where to begin or how to lead its revitalization, or what to do with it.

How would you allow the region to decide whether to go raider or defender?
By a public debate, followed by a public poll.

I personally think that's just bs, unless you're planning to work a few weeks in order to get a minor part of Taijitu to speak its mind about such a topic, you shouldn't promise things you have never done before.
They can only hurt themselves by not speaking their mind. At this point, as long as we don't remain neutral, I think either the raider or defender paths would be a benefit to us.
- In my opinion you kid yourself and your supporters if you believe that you will get 'the region' to speak its mind about it. I am also rather convinced you have no idea what it means to activate the region and not the active members who participate in the forums. The idea though, has its merits.

I'm trying to get everybody's vote, including the RPer's. Kind of like what you said before about getting testimony that would further your case to get the justices to see things your way.

I already explained how the admins seem a bit apathetic towards the RPing community. I don't agree with you that the RP community should promote itself. It isn't a separate being from Taijitu, it's an integral part. I think it should be the government that promotes it, it's as simple as that. I think it should also be the government that promotes other regional projects, such as the Medeist Academy, the Bazaar, etc.
Two basic misunderstandings: the admins are here to serve the community while following a set of rules. If they are apathetic towards the RP that means either that: a) the RP community in Taijitu should get louder or b) the admins should get their ears checked. Having RP mods with the ability to create sub-forums and mod conflicts impartially is all that is needed from that POV to sustain the regional RP. Personal involvement from an admin or a member of the govt in RP is optional. The government must activate the region, RP included, in terms of initiative and frame-work creation. What do you mean by 'promoting RP'? It is still a non-sense to me. In my opinion the ideal member of Taijitu should be able to do both, RP for fun, and take on some responsibilities and chores for the sake of the region and enhance their NS experience.

Last but not least, the fact that you have no vision or stance on our External Relations is IMO a) a proof of your lack of NS experience and knowledge about the region you want to lead b) dangerous, as Taijitu, although always having chosen its path, has greatly benefited from international connections and interaction, like any other important region in NS.
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)

Offline Limitless Events

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
how will giving out ranks that mean absolutely nothing help get an army whose fault is trainees deciding they change their minds active? As things stand now, a vast majority of our army can't be bothered to answer a short quiz or even read the guide, how does giving them some title that means nothing get them active?
Make sense? What fun is there in making sense?

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 06:51:42 PM »
The fact that you are present in the NT as representative of another region is for me a major problem. I do not believe in multiple personalities and in people representing more regions at once or deciding who they should represent based on their success or failure on multiple fronts followed in parallel. That is being a mercenary and I do not wish to have such a delegate.
Keep in mind that the whole point of the NT isn't to promote any region, but the entire game. Also, if you have paid any attention to the NT, you'll see that I haven't done much at the moment other than observe. Based on my first point alone, I don't see how there can be any concerns about me being the representative from multiple regions, as others in the NT are.

That ^ is why I am convinced that your tendency to mix RP and NS game play is potentially dangerous for a region you would lead. I was asking you about how you would get the army going, not about the names or color people involved in that would wear. You mentioned the revitalization of the Army as one of your main objectives, yet you cannot sustain a simple project or present a new operative structure - things without which an army in NS is not functional. I am forced to believe that you use the army-issue only because it is clear to all that in the present context it is definitely important, but you have not clue as to where to begin or how to lead its revitalization, or what to do with it.
I misunderstood what you asked, I thought you were referring to the ranking system I had mentioned. Anywho, this is a game. It is nothing but RP. We aren't real nations, regions, or leaders, we're playing the roles of nations, regions, and leaders. That's why I consider the mix of what you consider RP and NS game play to be important for the region, because it can build interest in things like the army. Though, the ranking system is not by any means my main "project" to revitalize the Army with. I think the biggest problem is the fact that it's not doing anything, or if it is, it isn't being made public knowledge, thus people don't really care or want to be apart of it. The choosing of raider or defender path, and actually actively engaging in operations, is my primary move to stimulate activity, not only within the Army, but within the region as a whole. As for the command structure, if you read back to me saying that I would rely heavily on my Defense Minister, you would know that I currently have no plans for a command structure at the moment. One man can't be expected to do everything, that's why they make cabinets :P

In my opinion you kid yourself and your supporters if you believe that you will get 'the region' to speak its mind about it. I am also rather convinced you have no idea what it means to activate the region and not the active members who participate in the forums. The idea though, has its merits.
I don't expect the whole region to speak their minds about it. Not everybody comes here for the game of NS. Some only come for the RP, others only come here to chat. The ones who do care about it, as I said, would only hurt themselves.

And it's that fact that there's nothing to do here other than chat or RP is what I believe is one reasons that we're in a slump. People want more to do in a NS other than talk! Provide other social things to do, stimulate the government, getting them to do their jobs, and actually play the game more would bring more people into the region, and encourage those already here to get more active.

Having RP mods with the ability to create sub-forums and mod conflicts impartially is all that is needed from that POV to sustain the regional RP. Personal involvement from an admin or a member of the govt in RP is optional. The government must activate the region, RP included, in terms of initiative and frame-work creation. What do you mean by 'promoting RP'? It is still a non-sense to me. In my opinion the ideal member of Taijitu should be able to do both, RP for fun, and take on some responsibilities and chores for the sake of the region and enhance their NS experience.
Yet, most of the RP mods are going inactive, and the RP community isn't being sustained. Like the rest of Taijitu, the RP community is also in a slump. Oz has vanished from Taijitu, and at the moment, there's nobody to update the map. Nobody joins and stays in the RP community, just like nobody stays in Taijitu as a whole. RP is an important part of Taijitu, and is a major factor in why some people have joined, so we can't let it keep sliding down the current path it's on. That's why I think the government needs to assist in maintaining it.

By "promoting RP," I mostly mean what you just said. The government should take the "initiative," and "advertise" the RP some,  and to assist in getting people to join and enjoy the RP community. We should also setup a new "frame-work," because the current one has fallen down.

Last but not least, the fact that you have no vision or stance on our External Relations is IMO a) a proof of your lack of NS experience and knowledge about the region you want to lead b) dangerous, as Taijitu, although always having chosen its path, has greatly benefited from international connections and interaction, like any other important region in NS.
At no point have I said I would remove, destroy, ect the current relations we have with other regions. But building new ones, aside from setting up new embassies, is not my first priority. Getting new members, and getting our current ones active, through the methods I have already outlined are my first priorities. The relations aren't of much benefit to us if there's nobody in the region to enjoy them.

how will giving out ranks that mean absolutely nothing help get an army whose fault is trainees deciding they change their minds active? As things stand now, a vast majority of our army can't be bothered to answer a short quiz or even read the guide, how does giving them some title that means nothing get them active?
I believe I partially answered this in an earlier part of this post.

As I said, I want to re-establish the Finance Ministry. For each rank up a soldier goes, the more pay he earns. The pay outlined in the Code of Laws, Article III would be treated as a minimum wage, given to the new recruits. Hopefully, new items can be added to the forum's shop, which is completely worthless at the moment. Otherwise, we would have to go the route of getting the Bazaar more active, which I will have to put some more thought into. There's always my "Artisan's Guild" idea, which you can see in the Bazaar forum, but I think it could use some more work.

Again, this is to give citizens of Taijitu something to do besides chat. To give them a reason to stay in Taijitu. My economic and Army rank ideas are NOT my primary method of getting the region more active, deciding on a path and using our Army for something is.

Offline Of Crazed

• The most Ancient and Noble House of Black
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 08:11:38 PM »
Should we remove the office of delegate, and instead just make a public poll about every issue?
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »
Quite so o-c, looks that the candidate has his priorities and methods a bit mixed up.

Our RP moderators (who themselves are RPers) have gone lazy but the govt. can surely do better with opening/closing threads and moding RP-based conflicts. That means promoting. Why the heck would somebody need to be del in order to RP, still beats me. <_<. Yet we are reminded that
We aren't real nations, regions, or leaders, we're playing the roles of nations, regions, and leaders.
(o-c! you lied to me when you said you were indeed a mighty military leader irl?!! what?! I am no gunner?! *shrinks*) while the candidate seems to confuse NS game-play which is indeed a MMORPG, with an RP inside RP.

I appreciate the sincerity of your answer what the lack of any plan for the Army is concerned, but I'm not terribly happy with it. You have no idea what the heck do we need any international ties for either, but I presume we'll find a way to make up for that. We'll RP them. And like that wasn't enough, hey:
My economic and Army rank ideas are NOT my primary method of getting the region more active, deciding on a path and using our Army for something is.
In other words: I have no idea how I'll activate them but it's not important, we'll activate them ...somehow...by using them....for....something.

Impressive. I guess I've seen what I needed to see. Good luck with the rest of the campaign.

*PS Oh oh I forgot. I am aware of the real reason behind the NT manifestation and I have followed it closely but the fact that you appeared there representing another region is for me a clear sign you shouldn't be in a leading position in Taijitu (atm so-to-say). You yourself admitted you are waiting to see how you do before you decide who you're gonna stick with. I am afraid that I cannot expect much from that kind of commitment and that your loyalty and attitude would look the same under trying times.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:49:32 PM by PoD Gunner »
Co-Founder of Taijitu

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 05:21:07 PM »
Should we remove the office of delegate, and instead just make a public poll about every issue?
I don't think something like this should be decided by just me.

Our RP moderators (who themselves are RPers) have gone lazy but the govt. can surely do better with opening/closing threads and moding RP-based conflicts. That means promoting. Why the heck would somebody need to be del in order to RP, still beats me.
As you just admitted, the government should take the initiative and set up a framework. Well, I plan to do both. Not JUST for the RP community, but for any other social community that may come about. This would include my Chess Club idea I posted about in the original post.

I don't need to be the delegate to RP, we don't need to moderate RP conflicts (well, the need to do so hasn't arisen yet, at the very least. I don't see it ever doing so.). We do need new mods though, to move/separate OOC topics, create subforums, update the map, etc, none of which is happening because the admins are currently doing nothing about it and the RP mods have gone inactive or left altogether. As the delegate, I could set things straight again and advertise the RP community.

We aren't real nations, regions, or leaders, we're playing the roles of nations, regions, and leaders.
(o-c! you lied to me when you said you were indeed a mighty military leader irl?!! what?! I am no gunner?! *shrinks*) while the candidate seems to confuse NS game-play which is indeed a MMORPG, with an RP inside RP.
NS gameplay and the game itself is together, an RP. Nowhere did I say it was an "RP inside of an RP." Now, I would consider the ranking system to be an RP within an RP, but the point of that isn't to necessarily affect gameplay as much as to increase interest in something other than chatting.

My economic and Army rank ideas are NOT my primary method of getting the region more active, deciding on a path and using our Army for something is.
In other words: I have no idea how I'll activate them but it's not important, we'll activate them ...somehow...by using them....for....something.
No, in other words, I'm going to activate the region by giving people something to do.

You yourself admitted you are waiting to see how you do before you decide who you're gonna stick with.
I did? Care to show me where I did, because I doubt I did.