Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let this region resound with the song of the Kitten Paw Happy-time, and be permeated with the smell of catnip and pine!

Author Topic: Imagine  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
Imagine
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:15:07 PM »
Fellow Taijituans,

You might have noticed the political problems we are facing today, there is not even enough people accepting or nominating themselves for office, everybody is divided, there is not even an united platform for elections by the "Mega Party" which have fallen out of their active duty of developing progress in Taijitu, or activity at all amongst that group including Founders. People are claiming the fail of this system and revolution is necessary. I too agree a change of system is necessary, getting more people participating in our politics, specially the domestic policies that have reached the limit of autocracy. I want to propose a transitory regime, let us, The People, form a platform to reform the system, lets be creative together, don't let insignificant differences between us keep us apart, lets therefore work together in an united platform with the main goal of reforming Taijitu.

I propose the bellow platform and I'm open to changes in content, lets work together for the rest of us.

IMAGINE

You, you may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.  I hope today you’ll join us, and Taijitu will be as one.

We know people want change, we shall join together and make Taijitu a more democratic and participative place for everyone, destroying all barriers for participation in our politics, a government governed by the People.

People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises.

The sort-of-Inactive Founders and their groups incite the active people in the endeavor of trying to govern without proper conditions to keep them powerless. Political conscious people, realizing that the break-down of all the autocratic barriers by the Founders is inevitable and progressive, are trying to help to enlighten and organize their fellow People of Taijitu.

Victory will belong only to those who have faith in the people, those who are immersed in the life-giving spring of popular creativity.

Offline Cozulul

• The Grand Duchy of Serocol
Re: Imagine
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »
I agree, we should eliminate the forums as the place for government. We should make the government available to all, on the RMB.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
I don't think RMB has enough tools for democracy.

Offline Cozulul

• The Grand Duchy of Serocol
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »
Then, what did you have in mind when you said, everyone?

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 02:27:44 AM »
Besides promoting the forums, we can open domestic policy for all citizens, maybe not even requiring them to be registered citizens as long their nation is in Taijitu, bring the discussion to the People. The foreign policy which is already open to all citizens would have the same opening to all people of Taijitu. We can give people a considerable say on politics, with a people's/popular council they could be a deciding factor together with elected officials similar to current senators when dealing with Taijitu Founder Issues. We can also promote citizen activism by allowing them to propose issues to discussion in a more direct way than the current referendum bureaucracy and since they also have a direct say in the decision will make them accountable and democracy will be more direct.

For the relationship of powers between people's council and elected officials, each elected official would be worth half the majority vote on popular council. This is a proposal that can be discussed and tuned before implemented, whoever agrees there should be a more direct democracy should join and be elected in the current electoral system in order to reform it.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »
Sorry for double posting. I haven't had enough response in this post but we can still discuss specific content for the platform. Since we're running out of time I have taken the liberty of submitting the platform which has general parameters for our work and I'm nominating a "dream team" under the platform. I hope you all agree, in case anybody denies nomination please nominate yourselves under the platform "Imagine" if you wish to.