Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Play forum games in an offensive way, like those of the anti-junta resistance!

Author Topic: Taijitu politics  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
Taijitu politics
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:16:41 PM »
I must say that coluzul going TLSP is pretty darn good for taijitu politics, break the hegemony of the ProP. Not that he was one with the values but either way it's important to have more defined different parties than a big one, might bring more spice to the politics, who knows. Also the upcoming libertarian communist party might push ProP to the right? Either way, all is good when there's more diversity. Any perspectives for the upcoming election? Will ProP lose some of it's power? How many parties do you think will get elected? All of them?

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
Re: Taijitu politics
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 05:11:57 AM »
WHOOOO! I gained a member! Take that progs!
Spice! Politics! TLSP! hegemony!

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 07:50:09 AM »
It will be interesting to see how far he takes his political career given the change of party. Looking at the political compass, he was more aligned to Letonna's views than Prop's anyway.

I doubt some communist party will force Prop in any direction, especially to the right. I guess it depends how extreme it is, we might be closer to the centre than they are.
Ur a towel

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
Maybe the opposite, while ProP is wildly accepting anything socially progressive at high cost, the communist party might press to cut expense since it'll most likely be an opposition force. It's not opposition for opposition, it's just the way it is, and frankly, the tax will hike with ProP having too much power and the current views on stuff.

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 01:59:31 AM »
What?
Ur a towel

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 08:49:21 AM »
ProP's current views increase public spending which in this game is equal to tax hike. With a broader political spectrum including libertarian and left-wing parties they might call for more tax responsibility since they're in the opposition

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »
Left wing parties calling for more tax responsibility. I think you mean left wing parties advocating further government control over the economy, minimization of the private sector, maximization of government owned businesses stifling growth and activity.

That's a more likely version of what a far left party would do.
Ur a towel

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 10:10:57 PM »
Left wing parties calling for more tax responsibility. I think you mean left wing parties advocating further government control over the economy, minimization of the private sector, maximization of government owned businesses stifling growth and activity.

That's a more likely version of what a far left party would do.
Out-of-control spending is also a concern of far-left-wing parties. Thinking otherwise is pure prejudice. They can advocate the money could be spent elsewhere needed and that the tax burden to the people is too much, the poor feel tax hikes on their skin, I can tell you that a 2% raise is very troublesome, I live in a country that had tax hikes and our left-wing parties are against burdening further the people, what they defend is that the money isn't being spent well, corruption, mostly bad management, that's where money goes out of the service to the people.

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 01:33:04 PM »
"Thinking otherwise is pure prejudice" Having a different opinion to you, Delfos, is not prejudice. They could advocate money would be spent elsewhere and all that yadayadaya. Who says that taxes are currently falling on the poor and not the wealthy in taijitu founder.

While some of your comments about corruption, bad management etc may be relevant to real life scenarios. I feel that they are not relevant, in regards to the politics of Taijitu presently.

I do however, welcome new active members to our forum. Strongly contested elections are great for democracy.
Ur a towel

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
This is funny, the established politician defending the establishment, don't worry I'm not saying you're not right, it's just funny :D. I didn't mean that was happening in Taijitu but it's easy to look at Taijitu Founder budget and see things that you can improve, also I wanted to do a parallelism with the education budget issue we faced not long ago where Gulliver had a "tax responsibility" view, that could be the same for left-wing parties, you can't think they're evil soviet or evil communist that want huge state to rule. Either way I also implied the "opposition" aspect of a new libertarian or left-wing party, not being the "establishment" might make them want to counter whatever you defend, not blindly I hope, but there could be surprising disagreements if you think all left-wing would be in favor of over-spending.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »
May I remind those present that the tax rate of Taijitu Founder under several terms of Progressive government has been steadily at 20-30 percent. Yes, both McMasterdonia and myself are admittedly more concerned with progress and social welfare than its cost at times, but it is only human to focus more on a program's results rather than its cost. But despite this, the Progressive Party as a whole has never willfully passed a law designed to "wildly increase progress" (as an aside, perhaps if progress is uninhibited and "wild" it comes most swiftly and justly) at the cost of the Taijitu taxpayer.

As the Progressive Party's spokesperson, and a member of "the establishment", so to speak, I would also like to concur with my fellow senator's opinion that I greatly desire more contested elections. The Progressive Party is not one to stress liberty, democracy, and reason while simultaneously suppressing differing opinions. We welcome change, even if that change might result in us having to seek a coalition government or even if we have to fight for a majority again. I know there are few things I'd like more than to push for a Progressive government again if we were removed from office. Aligning with the views of many members does not make our party a political machine or hegemony.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »
Very good speech I must say, democratically minded and politically correct. I do rather social results than cost, I'm just saying that parties close to your political views might contest you sometimes. "Maybe we can do this differently". I hope we get more parties and less hegemony, means more responsibility, negotiation and democracy.