Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The more kittens we post, the faster our region prospers; the less kittens we post, the slower our region prospers.

Author Topic: WA Security Council Vote: Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
WA Security Council Vote: Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"
« on: July 23, 2016, 05:43:06 PM »
Category: Repeal
Resolution: SC#177
Proposed by: [nation]Canton Empire[/nation]
Onsite Discussion

Quote from: Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"
Description: WA Security Council Resolution #177: Condemn the Pacific shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,
Noting That since the failed coup of Lazarus ended, [region]the Pacific[/region] has since acquired new leadership.

Acknowledging that [region]the Pacific[/region] has since apologized not once, but twice for the coup and other past actions,

Praising [region]the Pacific[/region] for initiating reforms within their region, such as
- replacing government officials,
- democratizing the government,
- reforming the provincial system, and
- beginning peaceful outreach with the GCR Sovereignty Accords,

Further noting that the region of [region]Lazarus[/region] has accepted the [region]the Pacific[/region]'s apology and has exchanged embassies with them,

Observing that there are very tyrannical regions and nations that have not been condemned my this august body, thus canceling the argument made in SC#177,

Further Observing that the coup d'etat by the so called "Gang of Five" was not sanctioned by the New Pacific Order,

Realizing the unfairness of condemning over five thousand nations for the actions of six,

Shocked that Security Council Resolution #177 would endorse the fall of a major government,

Disgusted at the many inaccuracies in the Resolution,

Arguing that the endorsement cap is normal by Inter-regional standards and has contributed to stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific regions,

Amazed that SC Resolution #177 would call for change in a government that is very well liked by the region as a whole,

Asserting the fact that nations and regions involved with the Security Council can choose whatever government style they want,

Further Arguing that the main basis of Security Council Resolution #177 has been rendered null and void by the actions of the Pacific,

Hereby Repeals SC #177 "Condemn the Pacific"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: WA Security Council Vote: Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 06:58:22 PM »
I don't like many of the assertions made by this proposal, but I don't oppose the repeal as such.

Not sure how to vote.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Re: WA Security Council Vote: Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 07:05:45 PM »
I don't like many of these assertions either; and while it's true that Lazarus accepted their apology, I have a hard time forgiving the NPO myself. I will vote against.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."