Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The counter-revolution will soon be as dead as the Q Society!

Author Topic: Vivec's belly-magic  (Read 8518 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Re: Vivec's belly-magic
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 06:08:08 PM »
They have taken you from the Imperial City's prison, first by carriage and now by boat...

What do you guys think of the game Morrowind, aka the best Elder Scrolls game ever? I could talk about this game all day.
As someone who has been in love with the Elder Scrolls Series since I have been a kid, I love Morrowind! I'm not sure I would agree with you that Morrowind was the greatest Elder Scrolls game, but it certainly had an appeal to it like no other. I've spent countless hours wandering the Ashlands of Morrowind, and I've come to love much about the game. The creative energy in it was endless! I personally found the lore interesting and worth playing through and reading, even though the gameplay had some things to be desired. In terms of gameplay I liked Oblivion, but I'd love to see a Morrowind remade with modern graphics.

Its because of Morrowind that I got into fantasy and writing, so Bethesda has a lot to be rewarded for. Long live the Nerevarine!
:wb: Anyway just a heads up, there are fanatics here that will destroy you if you keep bringing up "Oblivion" together with "like" or "good" or any similar positive term. Oblivion made me miss Cliff-racers and that's saying much.
I'll say that it had some good quests, even some of those tedious mage guild wild goose chase ones, but the gameplay was pretty easy. Let's just say there's a reason acrobatics and hand to hand was taken out of skyrim. You could skip whole dungeons and quests with high acrobatics, and hand to hand + destruction + restoration were really the only things I ever used. I never used any of the weapons in the game, all I needed were mah fists.
See those are the things I really wish were kept for Skyrim. My SO's daughter and I often lament the lack of hand to hand in Skyrim especially since it is like partly there with brawling mofos all the time and Khajiit extra unarmed damage and the gloves of the pugilist. Then if it had acrobatics I wouldn't need a horse to climb a frickin mountain. I really don't believe they should have been taken from a game that so deserves them. Tweaked altered and made balanced, not removed entirely. I just really want to make a character who can punch dragons to death as easily as my other builds.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:44 PM »
Idk if you ever went into a painting in Oblivion, that was pretty cool.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 04:14:53 PM »
They have taken you from the Imperial City's prison, first by carriage and now by boat...

What do you guys think of the game Morrowind, aka the best Elder Scrolls game ever? I could talk about this game all day.
As someone who has been in love with the Elder Scrolls Series since I have been a kid, I love Morrowind! I'm not sure I would agree with you that Morrowind was the greatest Elder Scrolls game, but it certainly had an appeal to it like no other. I've spent countless hours wandering the Ashlands of Morrowind, and I've come to love much about the game. The creative energy in it was endless! I personally found the lore interesting and worth playing through and reading, even though the gameplay had some things to be desired. In terms of gameplay I liked Oblivion, but I'd love to see a Morrowind remade with modern graphics.

Its because of Morrowind that I got into fantasy and writing, so Bethesda has a lot to be rewarded for. Long live the Nerevarine!
:wb: Anyway just a heads up, there are fanatics here that will destroy you if you keep bringing up "Oblivion" together with "like" or "good" or any similar positive term. Oblivion made me miss Cliff-racers and that's saying much.
I'll say that it had some good quests, even some of those tedious mage guild wild goose chase ones, but the gameplay was pretty easy. Let's just say there's a reason acrobatics and hand to hand was taken out of skyrim. You could skip whole dungeons and quests with high acrobatics, and hand to hand + destruction + restoration were really the only things I ever used. I never used any of the weapons in the game, all I needed were mah fists.
See those are the things I really wish were kept for Skyrim. My SO's daughter and I often lament the lack of hand to hand in Skyrim especially since it is like partly there with brawling mofos all the time and Khajiit extra unarmed damage and the gloves of the pugilist. Then if it had acrobatics I wouldn't need a horse to climb a frickin mountain. I really don't believe they should have been taken from a game that so deserves them. Tweaked altered and made balanced, not removed entirely. I just really want to make a character who can punch dragons to death as easily as my other builds.
Yes, morrowind's unarmored and hand to hand skills never amounted to much anyways, so it could be tweaked.

Good thing though that skyrim has an easy modding system. There's dozens of acrobatics and hand-to-hand skill mods.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 05:38:50 PM »
Spears bother me.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 06:40:05 PM »

Yes, morrowind's unarmored and hand to hand skills never amounted to much anyways, so it could be tweaked.

Good thing though that skyrim has an easy modding system. There's dozens of acrobatics and hand-to-hand skill mods.
If only I could add them to my PS3...

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 02:23:07 AM »
once I posted this on the Bethesda/TES forums in the event they were releasing Oblivion:

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 05:48:00 AM »

If only I could add them to my PS3...
lol, peasant.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 01:24:58 AM »
Dagoth Ur: Betrayed friend? Mad god? Martyr for the Dunmer people? Pawn of Azura?
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 01:35:03 AM »
Mad god, but excellent taste in masks.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 02:01:46 AM »
So... I rarely use this expression but this time...

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

http://www.pcgamer.com/skywind-has-over-100-voice-actors-re-record-morrowind-lines/

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M843CEEwug[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bnrr0WAiRM[/yt]

YEEEEEEEEEES LET ME RIDE THEM SILT STRIDERS BUSES!