Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Be vigilant: Anticitoyens could be behind any corner.

Author Topic: Regional Youtube Channel  (Read 16046 times)

Offline Toastania

Regional Youtube Channel
« on: June 18, 2015, 04:41:22 AM »
I have an idea and it would be neat to get feedback on this. What if the region gets a Youtube Channel. Here me out!

1) The Youtube channel would be owned with a majority of rights to the person who owns it or can be divided equally among those who wish to join it. The decision of how many people want to join the channel could be on the forum, along with discussions of video ideas. We could even get a Mumble or TeamSpeak server for this sort of thing and divide the departments among those who join. No, I can't afford to get another server. I already own a MC and Mumble server (for my MC server).
2) While there are a lot of content that could go into this channel, one idea could be LPs (Let's Play/gaming vids). This could encourage the Gaming section of the forum, as well as conversation. Whether it be action, adventure or even great games like Europa Universalis IV that is like NationStates but not quite. Activity would rise towards the Gaming section.
3) Reviews! Movie reviews, anime reviews, game reviews, etc. Like a particular genre but feel like nobody would be interested? Well, it's an entire region of people so ... might as well try! This would also encourage forum conversations about movies, anime, cartoons (Animaniacs being my favourite) and the like and, thanks to the power of Youtube, would help get acknowledgement. There is a huge opportunity with this.
4) Advertisement. Let's face it, Youtube is one big plethora of advertisements and what says advertising than "Like our video? Be sure to subscribe or even join our nation at 'http://www.nationstates.net/region=taijitu' (I put a period after http so it would show the whole link). If you haven't joined NationStates, please do and support Max Barry".
5) Gone to a convention? Don't feel like making a Youtube channel just for one video? KA-BLAM! Explanation over.
6) More stuff. Srsly, there is a lot and it could help benefit the region but increasing activity and get us noticed.

What are your thoughts and, if you want to add more ideas, what ideas would you have for it? Should this happen or is it not the time?

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
Re: Regional Youtube Channel
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »
We'll, we're already discussing a regional TeamSpeak server, and we already have a Skype group!  I'll PM you about the YouTube channel, though; it sounds like a great idea!
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Toastania

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
thank you! :D Might I ask about the Skype group? I'm on Skype 24/7.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 04:01:18 PM »
thank you! :D Might I ask about the Skype group? I'm on Skype 24/7.
Request me at AwesomeSaucer9, and I'll put you in the group right away.  I must remind you, though, that is it still a "work-in-progress" and you are literally making actual NS history!  :D
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 06:56:38 PM »
I've been thinking about trying Let's Play videos as a method for overcoming stage fright/camera shyness. It'd give me a chance to practice talking for an audience over gaming video so people can't see my stupid face.

Maybe once I get used to people hearing me (and become inured to nasty commenters) I could record one where I pop in at the end for final comments.

Let me know if the channel gets created after all. Perhaps I'll contribute!  :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:58:26 PM by Allama »

Offline Toastania

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 08:10:06 AM »
I've been thinking about trying Let's Play videos as a method for overcoming stage fright/camera shyness. It'd give me a chance to practice talking for an audience over gaming video so people can't see my stupid face.

Maybe once I get used to people hearing me (and become inured to nasty commenters) I could record one where I pop in at the end for final comments.

In real life, I have major social anxiety (at the result of heavy bullying -- but I digress). Talking to others online (like skype and such) has helped a lot and has contributed towards me feeling more comfortable when socializing. I think the channel will help anybody who wants to help and I hope it will help you overcome your stage fright/camera shyness :). If you want to discuss more or whatever, feel free to send me a skype invite (I'm "vandernom") or add me on steam. Anybody wanting to help with the channel can add me. Although, to be fair, anybody can add me and I'll be fine as long as the person states who they are so I know they are from this region. :P My steam = http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063955492/

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 02:12:12 AM »
I think a YouTube channel is a good idea!   :clap:
 :tai: FTW!

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 04:05:12 AM »
Shall we put it to vote?
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 05:10:27 AM »
Probably doesn't need a vote, just dedicated individuals from taijitu making things.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 08:28:01 PM »

In real life, I have major social anxiety (at the result of heavy bullying -- but I digress). Talking to others online (like skype and such) has helped a lot and has contributed towards me feeling more comfortable when socializing. I think the channel will help anybody who wants to help and I hope it will help you overcome your stage fright/camera shyness :). If you want to discuss more or whatever, feel free to send me a skype invite (I'm "vandernom") or add me on steam. Anybody wanting to help with the channel can add me. Although, to be fair, anybody can add me and I'll be fine as long as the person states who they are so I know they are from this region. :P My steam = http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063955492/

Awesome, thanks very much! ^_^ Talking to people online has made me much less afraid of social interactions IRL too. Now to face... the dreaded Cam-er-A.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 10:03:22 PM »
ERROR
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:25:04 PM by AwesomeSaucer »
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 10:43:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1C5tuU87xreAkhBr7N1WIw

here you go, pm me if you want to upload your videos so I can give you channel manager

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »

here you go, pm me if you want to upload your videos so I can give you channel manager
Fantastic!  Is that attached to your personal Google Account?
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Toastania

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:25 AM »

Yay! Anywho, I think we should assemble a team and find out where to discuss the channel and such.

Offline Heyhey27

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 01:12:03 AM »
Aww yeah! It'd be great to hear what ya'll sound like!  :clap:
Wise Men Say Only Fools Rush In, But I Cant Help Falling In Love With You

Take My Hand, Take My Whole Life Too, Cause I Cant help Falling In Love With You