Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 8417 times)

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
No Man's Sky
« on: June 19, 2014, 10:21:25 AM »
So I see there's this "new" subforum and I just saw this game out of E3 content, still don't know much about it but it looks really great!

No Man's Sky website linky (btw I don't like that links are a different colors from text, please change? Navy looks good kthxbye)

Gorgeous

I'm not even sure if this is a singleplayer game, or subscription mmo, or wtf, or what is there to do in the game besides exploring, but there seems to be resources and fauna recognized by UI, idk if there's industry where you'd need to collect those but that'd be awesome. There seems to be space dogfighting as well. Graphics don't look too good in a "next gen" gaming age but it might be gorgeous still. Anybody wants to jump in and talk about their impressions is welcome, maybe we should make an E3 topic if you wish to comment generically.

Another game "like" this is Star Citizen, if you wish to comment about that please make a new topic so we populate this subforum properly.

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:41:20 AM »
That does look very shiny. I wonder what it's about.

(click to show/hide)

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:26:13 PM »
That does look very shiny. I wonder what it's about.

"Will all these features be in post-production?"

"No way! Pressure from the publisher and fans will make us back off on 75% of our promises"

"But we can still do DLC later right?"

"Of course! To make them think we're not EA we'll add some mini-updates where they think we're constantly adding to the game."

"Genius."

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 03:08:27 PM »
I heard it's an independent publisher from England, just watch the videos on their homepage.

http://no-mans-sky.com/press/sheet.php?p=no_man%27s_sky

trying the flash thingy to see if it works, wasn't there a youtube video code to post on the forums?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MZO40WBNA60" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/embed/MZO40WBNA60</a>

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
I tend to be very cynical about games when their trailers are being shown.

I've seen too many beautiful/awesome looking trailers produce games that are just utter piles of shit.

This game looks beautiful... but I'm not gonna get excited yet.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
I don't like that I can't see who voted what, tbh that's great for elections and we should elect through the forums, but if it's an option let me know because on this weird polls I'd rather see who voted what.

The graphics are not that good so I don't think the graphics are going to improve or at least they don't promise much about them and I doubt they will be worse. Considering gameplay, most of it is there, if you see the first video they brought to E3 is gameplay.

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 08:38:50 AM »
I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope it does well; it's an excellent concept. They seem to have a rather expansive system for procedural generation; it will be interesting to see just how varied the worlds actually are (the fauna in particular - every game is better with dinosaurs!). Then again, if interaction is limited, there may not be much to hold one's interest beyond exploring the scenery.

Now I'm curious about the technical details - the seamless transitions between areas and fast generation of content is impressive.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 08:54:22 AM »
Just like X Rebirth which was a flop, stations inside are cool to wak through, but they are randomly generated yet there must not be much variety, after the third visit to a different station they all look the same, people even are standing on the same places, the stations feel dead, flop!

http://www.gameskinny.com/a47uo/egosoft-comes-under-fire-for-troubled-x-rebirth-release