Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: Favourite Game(Console Or PC)(Paid games)  (Read 13326 times)

Offline Cubeioder123

• Born To Serve
Favourite Game(Console Or PC)(Paid games)
« on: May 10, 2015, 11:06:33 AM »
As of recently,i've run out of games to play.I would like you to introduce your favourite game and why you like it.Thanks c: 

Cheers, :drunks:
Cubeioder123
E pluribus unum*Salutes*

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
Re: Favourite Game(Console Or PC)(Paid games)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »
I'm more intrigued with the eluvatar avatar.

Elite Dangerous is pretty good.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 04:04:11 PM »
Record of Agarest War is excellent.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Cubeioder123

• Born To Serve
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 09:27:57 AM »
I'm more intrigued with the eluvatar avatar.

Elite Dangerous is pretty good.

Thanks,will check when I have time c:
E pluribus unum*Salutes*

Offline Cubeioder123

• Born To Serve
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 09:29:05 AM »
Record of Agarest War is excellent.

From the photos and videos of it,it seems pretty fun.Thanks for introducing me to a new franchise  :D
E pluribus unum*Salutes*

Offline Lipaya

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 10:42:43 PM »
Crusader Kings II. It's a grand strategy game where you play as the ruler in medieval Europe. It's got all the good stuff of strategy games: War, diplomacy, assassinations, alliances etc.
But since you play an actual person in the world, they eventually grow old and die, and their son (or daughter) become the player's new character. So not only do you want to keep your country strong, but you also need to make sure your family stays strong.

It's got lots of different ways to play which keeps it fun for a long while. Bit of a steep learning curve, but just hit lots of buttons, see what they do, and don't worry about losing.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 03:10:34 AM »
Crusader Kings II is a pretty good game, from what I've played of it. The intrigue and strategy pleases me immensely, though I'm more familiar with the Europa Universalis series myself.

My favorite video game is the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It is a true epic set in an unforgiving, alien land, with a rich folklore. My favorite aspect is probably the unreliable sources of history you meet throughout the game. No one, it seems, is telling the whole truth or a truth that isn't corrupted by political bias. Never before or since have I seen a game where motivations and the history of the world you inhabit must be pieced together yourself instead of handed to you.

Skyrim, I think, approaches Morrowind in quality, but I think the latter will always be my favorite. And I won't even speak of the fourth game in the Elder Scrolls series! :p
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 10:33:01 AM »
Fallout 3, Fallout:New Vegas and I'm sure Fallout 4, which is set to release November. A fantastic RPG with an awesome combat system and endlessly interesting story set in a future that diverges from reality somewhere around 1950.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 04:40:17 PM »
I mean do I even need to say it...

Starcraft: Brood War. Compelling single player campaign and story (wow, you can make a meaningful story with just dialogue boxes, AMAZING, you don't need all this CGI shit). Multiplayer ladder was intense, multiplayer custom games were a new exciting concept that they fucked up in their sequel, and its replay value has no rival compared to other games I've played.

Other games I can play for hours still, Civilization III, Sins of a Solar Empire, Rise of Nations, Age of Empires II, Sim City 4/Cities Skylines, CounterStrike series, Elder Scrolls Series (even oblivion if I'm super bored), Shogun 1&2 Total War, Red Orchestra series, and I'm sure I have others but can't think of them, oh yeah Superpowers 2.

You can see the theme here, I enjoy RTS and FPS games for the most part, but I enjoy the occasional TBS and sandbox game. The most enjoyable kick I get out of an RTS game is like a slow build up like those boring sci-fi genre films, then that moment when everything is chaos and you have to sort out priorities and create a good timing and combination of units. But then why would I hate a game like Dota 2/LoL? It's so draining and boring as a game. It feels more like an arcade than an RTS with one unit, because you're trying to farm the most gold and you're trying to get the most items so that you can get the most kills and glory. That's all it really ever is it seems. Sure they ask for teamwork on a professional or friend level, but when you're not playing with a team not only are you competing with your own team, you're trying not to die to the other side. So fuck MOBAs. :)

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:48 PM »

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com

Offline Udluzechitlan

• Unity Is Survival
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 03:16:07 PM »
I have a few guilty pleasure games, admittedly TF2, but I've been playing it since it was pay to play.

I happen to love the original Amnesia - taught me a lot about atmosphere and how to build a slowly growing nightmare. The sequel, not so much.

I find myself returning to Heroes of the Storm every so often - I don't generally go in for MOBAs, but I enjoyed that one.

I've played a whole list of MMOs, including the obvious one.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 06:49:18 PM »
Recently I played through Limbo and recommend it highly. Visually very simple yet highly atmospheric, it's essentially a puzzle game that takes place in a gloomy and foreboding environment. Some of the theories I've heard about the sparse-yet-elegant story's true setting and meaning are fascinating.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »
I have a few guilty pleasure games, admittedly TF2, but I've been playing it since it was pay to play.

I happen to love the original Amnesia - taught me a lot about atmosphere and how to build a slowly growing nightmare. The sequel, not so much.

I find myself returning to Heroes of the Storm every so often - I don't generally go in for MOBAs, but I enjoyed that one.

I've played a whole list of MMOs, including the obvious one.
How is TF2 a guilty pleasure?  It's a great game!
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 08:47:21 PM »
Recently I played through Limbo and recommend it highly. Visually very simple yet highly atmospheric, it's essentially a puzzle game that takes place in a gloomy and foreboding environment. Some of the theories I've heard about the sparse-yet-elegant story's true setting and meaning are fascinating.

thumbs up, I bought Braid, Gemini Rue and ZenoClash(backer) a while ago for similar reasons.

btw emoticon goddess, we need a thumbs up icon :D