Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Be vigilant: Anticitoyens could be behind any corner.

Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 34177 times)

Offline The Empire

• Glory to the dark gods!
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 11:37:12 PM »
UPDATE: Pip boy app for fallout 4 android and Iphone is out but one has to type Bethesda in the search tab to find it.
Och and my pre-ordered copy was mailed by my online store yesterday (5/11) So it should arrive today so I will be able to pre-release download it and play as soon as it's unlocked at 00:01 Tuesday  :drunks: :happy: :congrats: :poke:

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 02:22:20 PM »
UPDATE: Pip boy app for fallout 4 android and Iphone is out but one has to type Bethesda in the search tab to find it.
Och and my pre-ordered copy was mailed by my online store yesterday (5/11) So it should arrive today so I will be able to pre-release download it and play as soon as it's unlocked at 00:01 Tuesday  :drunks: :happy: :congrats: :poke:

Pre-ordered mine from the Playstation store this morning.

Game releases Tuesday.

Work is closed on Wednesday. Because Fallout, I took a vacation day Thursday. I work 9 hour days so I have every other Friday (next Friday) off.  I have informed the wife that I will not be participating in family type things on Saturday or Sunday.  Purchased loads of hard cider and tortilla chips.  Will be moving the couch directly in front of the TV.

I plan on playing 5 straight days, and have planned ahead to do so.

Therefore, it is almost certain that the PS4 version will contain glitches and freezes that will make the game all but unplayable for the first week.  With a patch that clears it all up the following week.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 03:14:55 PM »
Pre-ordered mine from the Playstation store this morning.

Game releases Tuesday.

Work is closed on Wednesday. Because Fallout, I took a vacation day Thursday. I work 9 hour days so I have every other Friday (next Friday) off.  I have informed the wife that I will not be participating in family type things on Saturday or Sunday.  Purchased loads of hard cider and tortilla chips.  Will be moving the couch directly in front of the TV.

I plan on playing 5 straight days, and have planned ahead to do so.

Therefore, it is almost certain that the PS4 version will contain glitches and freezes that will make the game all but unplayable for the first week.  With a patch that clears it all up the following week.

The trailer for Fallout 4 really got my attention, and after playing Fallout 3 the games seem similar but man, building houses, having a dog, much better graphics and all that seem to be pretty good.

In the end, are you satisfied when you end this type of marathons? Was it worth it?

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 08:21:19 PM »
In the end, are you satisfied when you end this type of marathons? Was it worth it?

Ooo, good question.  I can't remember a multi-day gaming spree within my recent past - lots from college and post-college.  Shortly after I got married, for instance, my wife went with a friend to run a marathon in Las Vegas.  The three days she was gone, one of my best friends and I played Perfect Dark on the N64 nonstop - three days.  Pizza deliveries, slept on couches when needed - so much fun.

So this will be a relatively new thing for me.  If there are games released that I'm looking forward to, I usually just play as much as I can and wish I had more time - like I imagine normal people do.  :D  With this game release falling on the calendar like it did, I had to give it a shot.

For all my planning, though, I wonder if I will stick to the plan to play all waking hours.  I am already planning on taking a break and working out at strategic points.  At my age I can still do all the things I used to do, I just can't do them as long - at least not without breaking it up physically.   :wine:

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2015, 01:40:21 AM »

Ooo, good question.  I can't remember a multi-day gaming spree within my recent past - lots from college and post-college.  Shortly after I got married, for instance, my wife went with a friend to run a marathon in Las Vegas.  The three days she was gone, one of my best friends and I played Perfect Dark on the N64 nonstop - three days.  Pizza deliveries, slept on couches when needed - so much fun.

So this will be a relatively new thing for me.  If there are games released that I'm looking forward to, I usually just play as much as I can and wish I had more time - like I imagine normal people do.  :D  With this game release falling on the calendar like it did, I had to give it a shot.

For all my planning, though, I wonder if I will stick to the plan to play all waking hours.  I am already planning on taking a break and working out at strategic points.  At my age I can still do all the things I used to do, I just can't do them as long - at least not without breaking it up physically.   :wine:
Breaking up gaming marathons (or even movie ones) with exercise is a great way to prevent the common physical issues associated with such. When I would do my 48 hr skyrim binges, yoga and calisthenics were crucial for not having a back that hated me.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2015, 02:54:34 AM »
When I would do my 48 hr skyrim binges

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »
Quote from: Khem
Breaking up gaming marathons (or even movie ones) with exercise is a great way to prevent the common physical issues associated with such. When I would do my 48 hr skyrim binges, yoga and calisthenics were crucial for not having a back that hated me.

I was trying to decide if I want to test my stamina with a how-long-can-I-stay-awake-binge, but I think I'll just see how it goes.

Offline The Empire

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2015, 03:09:57 PM »
Aaaaaand of course when Everything is looking great and the game will arrive in the mail in less than 24h...
My headset just decides to give up by stop communicating with it's wireless dongle and refuse to re-charge the battery AND refuse to respond to button imput...

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 06:17:25 PM »
Aaaaaand of course when Everything is looking great and the game will arrive in the mail in less than 24h...
My headset just decides to give up by stop communicating with it's wireless dongle and refuse to re-charge the battery AND refuse to respond to button imput...
:keke:

Offline The Empire

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 07:14:04 AM »
:keke:
:keke: indeed...
The headset was replaced through warranty :) But I had miscalculated the speed of the post service... apparently, sending a package as a private person is far quicker than if a company sends one regardless of size. I sent a brand new headset the exact same type that broke on me to a friend a week before my compy of fallout 4 left the sales Company and the headset arrived at my friend the very next day even though it had to go half way across the Baltic sea to get to him and the game has only over-land travel.
Ah well, it should arrive today at least. I'm pretty sure the extra wait and hassle will be worth it.

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »
Ah well, it should arrive today at least. I'm pretty sure the extra wait and hassle will be worth it.

What is the need for a headset to play Fallout?

Also, I played this for about an hour or so thus morning before work.  I am not a graphics guy, for some reason.  Being able to tell the difference between Xbox and PS is always a game of spot the differences for me. But these graphics are amazing!  Really nice quality and detail and textures.

Mind you, this was all pre-war and then in vault 111.  So I wonder if it will carry through to the dystopian future.

It's weird having your character SAY stuff, but I like the Mass Effect like dialogue system.  So far, am not a fan of characters not locking into place when you start a dialogue. Hard to know which NPCs are important without it. More realistic though I suppose... we'll see.

As I saved, the Vault door was in the process of opening.  Excited to get put there!

Say. would anyone be interested in a thread where I "narrate" my experiences?  If so, I'd be happy to do it, if only to have a reason to get off the couch, lol.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »
Say. would anyone be interested in a thread where I "narrate" my experiences?  If so, I'd be happy to do it, if only to have a reason to get off the couch, lol.
DO IT!

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline The Empire

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »
Well, the need for the headset is mainly for other games like Armored Warfare and such but the thing is, a pair of old desktop multimedia speakers from the mid 90'ies is NOT acceptable to me for playing an adventure game where things like deathclaws or even mole rats or raiders could attack from any direction.
Thus once I started playing with a 3D surround headset that shuts out real world sounds in addition to providing an accurate spatial sound awareness has become my desired standard.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 07:40:19 PM »

RESURRECTION LARRY, planned brawler? NOW DUSTER-HERO RANGER-SNIPER LADY. It's funny how you can plan something in the game but then some style takes over you did not expect. So now I'm updating my agility and perception like my character has some GOD DAMNED STORY ARC OR SOMETHING. Seriously this game is great.

So fuck the main story, I can't wait for a randomized start mod or something, because this game would be so much more fun if you just started out as a prisoner in Boston or something, who knows, I just love exploring this game. Everything has meaning now. Every single item can be salvaged, it's no longer about staring at the caps value of everything, fuck that, build your settlement, feed the people, be like mayor-bro of the tiny village you're creating. I LOVE THAT WHEN I GO FORAGING IN THE SAME AREA DIFFERENT PEOPLE ARE THERE IN DIFFERENT SETTLED POSITIONS AND I CAN GET INTO FIREFIGHTS

Seriously I started out kinda bleh about the game, like okay here we go, what am I going to hate. Then I picked up some guns, was going through the motion, FOUND OUT I COULD MODIFY ALL THESE GUNS INTO A SNIPER RIFLE RIGHT OFF THE BAT?! WHAT? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I now run around the woods in a duster and cowboy hat and sniper and just go all the stranger everywhere I go. :| This game let's you be whoever you want to be, this probably isn't how most people play but I'm so glad they have it as an option.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »
You are super excited.

This "beginners" guide seems quite good:
http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-guide/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:42:53 PM by Delfos »