Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us make the whole region resound with the song of We Are The Happiest People in NationStates.

Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 33945 times)

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 09:24:42 PM »
Resurrection Larry

Might modify this setup when I get the game. But the idea is to make a character that punches peoples heads in if I want to.

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 12:59:34 AM »
Vic Rattlehead

I have to go higher on endurance since I tend towards loooong drawn out battles against enemies I'm not supposed to be fighting yet.   ;D

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 03:30:34 AM »
You people value competence far too highly.

Ichabod Netherwallop III

I hope the character creator doesn't make me use all of my points.

Offline The Empire

• Glory to the dark gods!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »
I'll make my character on the fly but I usually invest heavily into intelligence, perception and sometimes luck

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »

Ichabod Netherwallop III

Unfortunately I believe it will.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »

Ichabod Netherwallop III

lol, why?

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 10:22:29 PM »
I've been trying Fallout 3. Meh...it's TES4 Oblivion with lots of bugs (insects and otherwise). This girl in Megaton keeps saying I killed the entire population of some town when in reality I was caught in the middle of some creature attack, 2 or 3 residents died against probably Mole Rats...yet it's my fault? fu

I also witnessed one of those mobile vendors being killed by dogs while he was running away from Super Mutants and kinda ran into dogs while the mercenary and I was busy killing a couple of Super Mutants. If he hadn't stressed the fck out he'd still be alive.

There's so much of the game that looks unfinished/unpolished, so much that was overlooked. Why bother making rocket-looking cars when they are so unreal, oh yeah it looked like vehicles from Unreal Tournament (1st gen).

Reviewed the video and seems the cars are much more "realistic", I have high hopes for this new fallout but I am not that excited and Fallout 3 didn't make me sympathetic with the franchise. It's a very good time burner.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 11:41:47 PM »
I've been trying Fallout 3. Meh...it's TES4 Oblivion with lots of bugs (insects and otherwise). This girl in Megaton keeps saying I killed the entire population of some town when in reality I was caught in the middle of some creature attack, 2 or 3 residents died against probably Mole Rats...yet it's my fault? fu

I also witnessed one of those mobile vendors being killed by dogs while he was running away from Super Mutants and kinda ran into dogs while the mercenary and I was busy killing a couple of Super Mutants. If he hadn't stressed the fck out he'd still be alive.

There's so much of the game that looks unfinished/unpolished, so much that was overlooked. Why bother making rocket-looking cars when they are so unreal, oh yeah it looked like vehicles from Unreal Tournament (1st gen).

Reviewed the video and seems the cars are much more "realistic", I have high hopes for this new fallout but I am not that excited and Fallout 3 didn't make me sympathetic with the franchise. It's a very good time burner.
Yep, fallout 3 felt much like oblivion with guns, the vaults in 3 have some pretty funny stories to them though, also lots of elements don't make sense to me in fallout 3, such as a post apocalyptic grocery store still having some food items on the shelves. I'm pretty sure it'd be amongst the first things to get ransacked and picked down to the bone. Also, like you said, the atmosphere feels unfinished. New Vegas has the opposite effect, they finished it so to speak but there's less area to explore, and the setting feels a lot more linear.

The biggest complaint I have is that fallout doesn't have much in the armor and weapons department and there's not much flexibility in the type of character you can make. Everyone just gets super plasma gun shit plus power armor. Fuck power armor, I don't even care about the jetpack shit. It feels like they set it up to have everyone be a different kind of character but they want everyone in late game to be the same.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 11:47:48 PM by St Oz »

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 03:40:48 AM »
(...)
Yep, fallout 3 felt much like oblivion with guns, the vaults in 3 have some pretty funny stories to them though, also lots of elements don't make sense to me in fallout 3, such as a post apocalyptic grocery store still having some food items on the shelves. I'm pretty sure it'd be amongst the first things to get ransacked and picked down to the bone. Also, like you said, the atmosphere feels unfinished. New Vegas has the opposite effect, they finished it so to speak but there's less area to explore, and the setting feels a lot more linear.

The biggest complaint I have is that fallout doesn't have much in the armor and weapons department and there's not much flexibility in the type of character you can make. Everyone just gets super plasma gun shit plus power armor. Fuck power armor, I don't even care about the jetpack shit. It feels like they set it up to have everyone be a different kind of character but they want everyone in late game to be the same.

RP also feels quite limited together with what you said about equipment, I wanted to have an awesome "raider" armor but they sck big time, you're quite forced into end-game crap, it's not as "mess around" as the Grand Theft Auto series but maybe it should. After all, it's the post-Apocalypse and you just came out of a hole in the ground, time to seriously fornicate some feces up. Yeah the...groceries...some crap surviving the Apocalypse but then vast urban areas almost leveled, then other areas almost fine...and mini-nukes... and eating and drinking and swimming in radioactive material and there's no long-term crap effect. I mean, even Z for Zacharia was more polished than that.

I mean, if it can level a building, why would cars survive, Are cars made from titanium? Why are there nuclear-powered buses? Why do the Chinese keep getting referred but there aren't any Chinese there? Why are there no vehicles? So many spared parts and all I've seen so far in terms of "technology" was a steam boat, doesn't make much sense, every post-apocalyptic franchise focus on the importance of vehicles, I don't care if I had to mount a 2 headed cow of sorts.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 06:58:40 AM »
Not to mention, it's found from the Chernobyl/other radioactive disaster areas that radioactivity first disappears in the bodies of water, so it doesn't make much sense that there's radioactive water. Though, if they went with realism, a lot of other shit wouldn't be true either, and there's some artistic license that can be made. Having an evil group not want to purify the water though, like in Fallout 3, is fucking stupid. Who would be that against something like that? I'll believe a nuclear powered car sure but not that.

Fallout seems to take on this sort of post-Nukepunk/50spunk world, like where steampunk everything is powered by steam, fallout's pre-apocalypse seems to have everything powered by nuclear energy. It assumes the 1950s naive view of the future and twists the fuck out of it.

I'm not a big fan of other parts of the lore though either, like how every setting is basically desert/wasteland, I hope the Boston setting has more green, it seems dumb to think all agriculture/landscape has turned EXTINCT/ARID WASTELAND. 

Things I like about the lore though, the people who invented the Vaults liked to experiment with the people inside them and sort them all by occupation, some specific census set, or with different sets of rules or conditions. It's fun to explore these vaults and find out what was the special condition of this particular vault. For example there's one vault that only had musicians in it, but little known to the people inside the vault they put in white-noise aggression-inducing subliminal message generators inside the vault. Eventually all the musicians got violent and killed each other.

But you know, you don't have to explore it. Some people just go in and grab the loot rather than uncovering the funny story. However you want to play the game.

Offline The Empire

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 09:38:06 AM »
(...)

RP also feels quite limited together with what you said about equipment, I wanted to have an awesome "raider" armor but they sck big time, you're quite forced into end-game crap, it's not as "mess around" as the Grand Theft Auto series but maybe it should. After all, it's the post-Apocalypse and you just came out of a hole in the ground, time to seriously fornicate some feces up. Yeah the...groceries...some crap surviving the Apocalypse but then vast urban areas almost leveled, then other areas almost fine...and mini-nukes... and eating and drinking and swimming in radioactive material and there's no long-term crap effect. I mean, even Z for Zacharia was more polished than that.

I mean, if it can level a building, why would cars survive, Are cars made from titanium? Why are there nuclear-powered buses? Why do the Chinese keep getting referred but there aren't any Chinese there? Why are there no vehicles? So many spared parts and all I've seen so far in terms of "technology" was a steam boat, doesn't make much sense, every post-apocalyptic franchise focus on the importance of vehicles, I don't care if I had to mount a 2 headed cow of sorts.
There actually are chinese in F3... They are ghouls in a food factory near Arlington cem. dressed in chinese army jumpsuits and using chinese assault rifles and pistols.

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 11:07:13 PM »
There actually are chinese in F3... They are ghouls in a food factory near Arlington cem. dressed in chinese army jumpsuits and using chinese assault rifles and pistols.
Makes less sense but ok.

concerning stories, I do read the Notes tab ;)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 01:40:24 PM »
Makes less sense but ok.

concerning stories, I do read the Notes tab ;)
There's also a bunch of hidden bunkers with chinese spies (long dead), random encounters with chinese pilot corpses (found via radio again), the chinese stealth armor (from operation anchorage) and the deus machina robot Liberty Prime is programmed to be anti-chinese/commie.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 01:36:45 PM »
Leaked details of perks have come forth. Will this information affect your builds at all? Personally it is making me want to go high Endurance.

Offline The Empire

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 03:02:52 PM »
Some things makes sense but I'm not sure it's a genuine leak.
Either way, the part about fusion cores is interesting as it relates to a mission in Fallout Tactics where the player's squad is dispatched to a tribal village over a pre-war army depot in order to retrive "Fusion batteries" quest items that the BoS use to Power their more advanced Equipment such as Power armour.