Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: More stylish University uniforms and supplies for our dear students!

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited  (Read 10238 times)

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
« on: September 14, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »
Anyone playing this?  This is the kind of game that if you want to "finish" you probably have to quit your job.  Not far into it, but massive already.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Re: Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 05:21:20 PM »
Haven't played it, but wish they respected da LORE more. I heard they turned nix-hounds into actual dogs (not sure how true that is)
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »
It's appalling that you "finish" the only time they actually make Elders Scrolls into a MMOPRG. I even suggested to the dev team that they'd make Dwemner Archeology a thing which you'd uncover artifacts including wearables/weapons. THEY SCREWED THIS UP!

I played BETA and other opportunities they gave us, nothing else. My wife tho, she bought an account and played it for a while, said it was full of annoying kids, it didn't make me want to buy an account.

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 06:29:20 PM »
Quote from: myroria
Haven't played it, but wish they respected da LORE more. I heard they turned nix-hounds into actual dogs (not sure how true that is)]/quote]

It's appalling that you "finish" the only time they actually make Elders Scrolls into a MMOPRG. I even suggested to the dev team that they'd make Dwemner Archeology a thing which you'd uncover artifacts including wearables/weapons. THEY SCREWED THIS UP!

I played BETA and other opportunities they gave us, nothing else. My wife tho, she bought an account and played it for a while, said it was full of annoying kids, it didn't make me want to buy an account.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you guys are way more knowledgeable about this than I am.  I played Oblivion (completed) and Skyrim (completed twice including all DLC) but there's no way I'll finish this up.

But all that lore and stuff, I can't keep track of it all.  I barely remember the basics - Daedra and stuff, Molog Bal's mace, lizard and cat people, etc. etc.  Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, all that stuff runs together for me. 

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 12:49:40 AM »
I never tried it but a friend told me to stay away from it because of how repetitive it gets.

Also ES lore is lyfe. Though it's strange that they break their own canon more often now, they've always been good at continuity
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:52:12 AM by St Oz »

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 03:08:45 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I think an entire created world is awesome, but I just can't keep it together enough to know when they're straying from canon.  Closest I've been able to come is Fallout.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 12:04:06 AM »
Nix-hounds are creatures originally induced in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. They're insectoid beasts that attack you whenever you try to walk anywhere. Since there is no fast travel in Morrowind besides riding silt striders, that means that attack you all the time.

Looking at the UESP though, it seems I was mistaken. They are still arthropods, though they look significantly different.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 11:13:17 PM »
No, I'm not that keen on on-line games. Some years ago I tried out a lot of on-line games but was generally disappointed. World of Warcraft, that was such a hype, disappointed me completely. I have played quite a lot of Skyrim though, and it is one of the few "fighting" games I like. I played some Morrowind too, but that was some time ago on my then boyfriend's computer.