Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The more kittens we post, the faster our region prospers; the less kittens we post, the slower our region prospers.

Author Topic: TNP Updates  (Read 6065 times)

TNP Updates
« on: March 29, 2007, 06:10:46 PM »
Let's do this biweekly.  ;)

The North Pacific Regional
Update

29th March, 2007

TNP Links: TNP Forums | TNP Wire

Government Officials

Elections were held in TNP during the middle of February, Grosseschnauzer has been re-elected as Prime Minister and is joined by the following in his new cabinet.

Prime Minister- Grosseschnauzer
Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs- Former English Colony
Minister of External Affairs- Haor Chall
Minister of Defense- Mesian (Acting)
Minister of Justice- Southwest Asia
Minister of Communications- Upper Kirby
Minister of Arts and Entertainment- (Vacant)
Minister of Culture and Education- Byardkuria

UN Regional Delegate- Dalimbar
Vice Delegate- Zemnaya Svoboda

Speaker of the Regional Assembly- Mr_Sniffles
Security Council- Great Bights Mum, Byardkuria, Ator People, Grosseschnauzer, OPArsenal, Emperor Matthuis, Tresville

The Regional Assembly

The Regional Assembly has been discussing many matters these last few weeks, including electoral reform, term lengths and debate also continues on intelligence oversight.

Votes on Impeachment by Recall and new time limits for trials were passed, whilst the vote on amendments to intelligence oversight failed to pass.

Nem has resigned as Minister of Defence, he is to be replaced by Mesian.

Following OPArsenals resignation from TNP, a new regent is needed for the TNP university. So far the current Prime Minister, Grosseschnauzer, has put himself forward for the position.

Also under discussion is whether TNP should consider moving forums again onto the new Zetaboards.

Other News

A regional task force, led by the delegate Dalimbar, has been created. It will look into many different aspects of the region, to try and improve and develop the region. Its forums can be found here.

A commission has been appointed to look into the creation of a TNP economy.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 06:16:12 PM by Monumental proportions »

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: TNP Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:28:40 PM »
Cool! :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »
Ty for the up-date MP>
is OPA taking a break?
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:25:23 PM »
Update

20 April, 2007

TNP Links: TNP Forums | TNP Wire

Elections soon!
Elections are to be held in TNP shortly, the nomination period starts in a few days time.

Government Officials

Prime Minister- Grosseschnauzer
Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs- Former English Colony
Minister of External Affairs- Haor Chall
Minister of Defense- Mesian
Minister of Justice- Southwest Asia
Minister of Communications- Upper Kirby
Minister of Arts and Entertainment- Apollo-Industria
Minister of Culture and Education- Byardkuria

UN Regional Delegate- Dalimbar
Vice Delegate- Zemnaya Svoboda

Speaker of the Regional Assembly- Mr_Sniffles
Security Council- Great Bights Mum, Byardkuria, Ator People, Grosseschnauzer, Emperor Matthuis, Tresville, Eluvutar

The Regional Assembly

The Regional Assembly has confirmed the appointment of Apollo-Industria as the new Minister of Arts and Entertainment, following the resignation of Mental Imagination. The RA has also elected Eluvatar to the SC following OPArsenals resignation.

The RA is discussing legislation over the definition of "player" in the constitution as well as other legislation over the duality issue.

The RA is currently voting to confirm the appointments of  Mr. Gaunt and Romanoffia as Associate Justices.

An amendment to the Constitution, clearing up the eligability requirements to run for Vice Delegate has passed, whilst a term length amendment, and NPIA oversight amendments have failed to pass.

Other News

There have been a number of lively discussions in TNP recently, including one about the Constitution. Discussion has also been happening in the Ministry of Communications about how to reduce the amount of spam on the regional message board.

Sadly, PoD, OPA has decided to end his time in Nationstates. His nation has been handed over to his girlfriend Amber, and he is oficially done. He's still active over in CN though

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 01:52:01 AM »
Yay I'm in this one!  O:-)

(click to show/hide)

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:04:31 AM »
uh, I've quit that one... ;D
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline falconkats

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 10:45:33 PM »
Sorry about the delay in sending the update from TNP but in process of making the update and as soon as it is done. Please feel free if have any problem feel free to contact us.
FALCONKATS I
Former Deputy Minister of Justice of the North Pacific
Former Deputy MoCE----The North Pacific
Member of Board of Regents TNPU
Knight Order of Gryphons
Co-Ambassdor to Merit, ACCEL, Gatesville, Equilism, Rejected Realms, Uroca

We Falconkats have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Falconkats: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.

Offline falconkats

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 02:35:04 PM »
Update
13 october, 2007

TNP Links: TNP Forums

Government Officials

The North Pacific held elections a month later than planned, and the following members were elected.

Prime Minister- Haor Chall
Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs- Flemingovia
Minister of External Affairs- Vrtbovska Zahrada
Minister of Defense- Gaspo
Minister of Justice- Monte Ozarka
Minister of Communications- Emperor Matthuis
Minister of Arts and Entertainment- John Ashcroft Land
Minister of Culture and Education- Isimud

UN Regional Delegate- Great Bights Mum
Vice Delegate- Ator People

Speaker of the Regional Assembly- Grosseschauzer

The Regional Assembly

It has been a turbulent time in the Regional Assembly, previous Speaker Eluvatar was re-elected for a second term and defeated opponent Punk D. However, on failing to take up office, he was replaced by Byardkuria. He too soon resigned though, and in the subsequent election Grosseschauzer defeated Punk D for the Speakership.
Furthermore, Lord Valentine, who had been originally elected for Minister of External Affairs, had to be removed from his office at the end of september due to inactivity. Prime Minister Haor Chall then appointed Vrtbovska Zahrada, who had never held a government office before, to this position. The Regional Assembly confirmed the PM's candidate with a clear majority.
The Regional Assembly is now working on constitutional reform, with discussions being held on the direction that The North Pacific should take.

Other News

The North Pacific finally overthrow the tyrant Delegate Dalimbar after months of fighting. Former Delegate Emperor Matthuis was defeated just before the update, however Dalimbar resigned the Delegacy the next day. The North Pacific would like to thank all those who assisted them in their time of need. We would also like to apologize for the lack of updates through this turbulent time.
FALCONKATS I
Former Deputy Minister of Justice of the North Pacific
Former Deputy MoCE----The North Pacific
Member of Board of Regents TNPU
Knight Order of Gryphons
Co-Ambassdor to Merit, ACCEL, Gatesville, Equilism, Rejected Realms, Uroca

We Falconkats have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Falconkats: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 03:25:28 PM »
No apology is needed. It's perfectly understandable that there was no Updates. I am glad to know things are finally turning to good for all of you in TNP. I hope the future will be brighter than the past few months have been. Thank you for the Update, I hope there will be more. :tai:

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 04:01:56 PM »
Oh yes, thanks for the update!  Looks like you've all been very, very busy.  ^_^

Congratulations are in order for all of those who recently gained (or re-gained) government positions!  Hear, hear! :drunks:

Offline Algerianbania

• Resident Panda
  • Enemies: Fish, Tacos, and Soly
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 01:48:42 AM »
 :clap: I heart TNP!
Member of the Order of the Gryphons, Senator of Taijitu, Ambassador to The North Pacific, Deputy MoEA of The North Pacific, Member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific
--------------------------------
It's the chaos fetish theory.  As soon as you think of it, it automatically exists.
If you have a proplem, blame Soly.

Offline Algerianbania

• Resident Panda
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »
So...what up my friends. Here you go!

The North Pacific Update
9 December, 2007
UN Delegate: The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum
Regional Power: Extremely High
The North Pacific contains 3,717 nations.

The North Pacific Regional Assembly and Cabinet has ratified a new Constitution:

The Constitution of The North Pacific

A separate Bill of Rights was also ratified by the region:

Bill of Rights of The North Pacific

Regional Assembly

- TNP has begun the next steps, to develop our policies and procedures, our Ministerial structure, and an election schedule among other issues.  Several proposals have been presented for discussion and consideration in the Regional Assembly.

UN Delegate

- Delegate Great Bights Mum has proposed a new Secretary of State position, to engage in recruitment to encourage and increase activity in the region.

Ministry of External Affairs

- The North Pacific Interim Ministry of External Affairs has recently added two new members to the Diplomatic Corps:

Lewis and Clark
Outer Kharkistania

Court of The North Pacific

- A temporary break was announced in the trial of The TNP vs. Emperor Matthius due to RL health issues of the presiding judge:

The Court announces a temporary break due to health issues of the presiding judge. The participants will be notified as soon as the trial can be resumed

We wish Mr.Gaunt well, and look forward to his good health.

Quotes

"I have been known as the Prince of Darkness, the Devourer of Worlds. Does that count? "
- Pierconium

"I'm not paranoid, I'm a citizen of the North Pacific."
- Mr. Sniffles

And so closes this edition of The North Pacific Update
Member of the Order of the Gryphons, Senator of Taijitu, Ambassador to The North Pacific, Deputy MoEA of The North Pacific, Member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific
It's the chaos fetish theory.  As soon as you think of it, it automatically exists.

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 03:07:44 AM »
Thanks for the Update.  :drunks:

Offline Algerianbania

• Resident Panda
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 07:46:16 AM »
Its hawt isn't it. I especially like that last quote.

Offline Templarios

• My Nation
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 11:17:02 AM »
Court of The North Pacific

- A temporary break was announced in the trial of The TNP vs. Emperor Matthius due to RL health issues of the presiding judge:

The Court announces a temporary break due to health issues of the presiding judge. The participants will be notified as soon as the trial can be resumed

We wish Mr.Gaunt well, and look forward to his good health.

Isn't that our very own Durina (or however you spell his name?)
*Disclaimer*
In my above post, I did not intend to offend or upset anyone. If you were so, I deeply apologise.

Citzen since 08.10.07 ¦ Senator since 08.12.07 ¦ Second Speaker pro-Temp.

My Nations Stats  ¦ Standing Order - Views Only ¦ Knight's International Church Bank

Wiki Page