Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us develop the University into a world-class school, and the centerpiece of Taijituan culture!

Author Topic: The Taijitu Map Revisited  (Read 44749 times)

Offline fudk

Re: The Taijitu Map Revisited
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »
 1. Population: 156 mil
2. Ethnicity: German, Irish, italian, Russian
3. Preferred Climate/Geography: Bit of Beaches, moslty mountains/Maine, some rolling plains, and
4. Id like to call a friend. (Help? How does this affect me?)
5. "I promise to participate in National Roleplay and understand that if I do not I will be removed from the map."
6. Um I know a couple people here in passing from RU.....Anyone here from NEw Liberalia or Lichentia? (Besides you, Lata, thats obvious)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:14:14 PM by fudk »

Offline fudk

« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2007, 03:41:31 AM »
No I want him to put Fudk

Ill just put Urbanized, thanks for that.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »
Nice to see you Fudk, I'll add you when I get home.

Offline Geradin

• The Geradin Empire's military insignia and soldier
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2007, 10:23:35 PM »
Hey man.... I just want my coutry to be putted on the map and, then maybe i'll be recognized in RP..... well... i got some features right here...

First, population is 1 billion.. and it's Empire, so you won;t have to worry about a dictator...

and i just want some desert, few highlands and mountains along with the lots/or little islands off the coast. for the desert, i would prefer it to be on the North West side, mountain/highland South West, and fertile good lands to East and coasts on the South and East... come to think of it.. it somewhat resembles China... well don't care about that... I conscript and make em serve for 1.5~3 years but trying to reduce the service time.

I also kinda hope u can gimme a big chunk if possible.(IF POSSIBLE< !IF! >)

and if u need to u can put me in some cold region... or get ridda desert. But i seriously don't want to be in hot place like Africa or Middle East like place. SO I hope everything can work out.

and if you want details about how people live.. just email me ... rockgollem@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 10:39:38 PM by Geradin »
The Peace is War, therefore we fight

The Freedom is Slavery, therefore we work

The Strength is Ignorance, therefore we follow
-These quotes got nothing to do with Geradin Empire's policy! Please note that

Economic Left/Right: -3.38Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00                        
The Proud Nation of Geradin Empire

Offline Geradin

• The Geradin Empire's military insignia and soldier
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2007, 10:33:15 PM »
Sorry, the top one was a bit screwed..

Well, i guess i explained the number 1, 2 and 3 on the top one.but i'll write again..

1.Population, somewhere under or over 1 billion...

2.Asiatic looking and asiatic

3.anyplace is fine except the hot places like Africa and such. prefer cold places like Russia, or Scandinavia, I'd like to have mountain on the West, some good piece of land to east and coast to east and south.

4It's highly urbanized, but place that are agricultural, is densley agricultural. So.... i would rather choose Urbanized than agricultural, but i hope the highland/mountain regions will be agricultural.

5."I promise to participate in National Roleplay and understand that if I do not I will be removed from the map."

6.Well, what do you want to know? that is a somethign that i want to know... just post a reply if u wanna know anything...

(Well, as i mentioned, i would be glad if u gimme some big chunk...)

P.S. The map is lagging so frigging badly

P.P.S. The nation's name is Geradin Empire...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 10:38:57 PM by Geradin »
The Peace is War, therefore we fight

The Freedom is Slavery, therefore we work

The Strength is Ignorance, therefore we follow
-These quotes got nothing to do with Geradin Empire's policy! Please note that

Economic Left/Right: -3.38Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00                        
The Proud Nation of Geradin Empire

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2007, 12:18:17 PM »
Asiatic populations go on the northeast continent.  That's probably why you haven't been put on yet...

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2007, 12:46:56 PM »
Um, GC, just because we have Asiatic populations doesn't mean they have to go in the "Asian continent" area.
Yes they do.  That's the whole point of the ethnically-based map: so that the ethnic distribution makes sense.  The only way that an asiatic population would end up on the European Continent is if you wrote a detailed (as opposed to cursory) history of how it got there and submitted it to either Oz, I-S, or myself.  Remember that the Taijitu map does not represent a globe.

On the old map, and in the Lexicon before that, we had European nations next to Asiatic nations next to African nations next to American Aboriginal nations next to Middle Eastern nations, and it made no sense whatsoever.

Oz has not put either of us on the map due to his personal dislike of both Osafune and myself, and has had the gall to personally ask me to bribe him 25% of my tai to get on the map whilst other people are on it who want to RP as much as I do.
I'll talk to him on MSN about this.  I'm sure that your request for an incongruous position has something to do with your not getting on the map.  I'm equally sure that Oz is not excluding you for personal reasons.  He tried something like that a while back, and it didn't turn out too well, which encourages me to believe that he learned some sort of lesson.

ProP Spokesperson

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2007, 01:20:25 PM »
P.S. The map is lagging so frigging badly

P.P.S. The nation's name is Geradin Empire...

Did you not read the disclaimer?

Offline Quoveri

« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2007, 01:43:55 PM »
I hope I'm not too much of a newb to grab a spot - but if I can, here's the basic description. (I'm gonna be real specific with the geography, which you do not have to accomodate at all. I'll edit my geography text to fit all the neccesary changes based off the plot that you choose.

1. Population: 60 Million

2. Ethnicity: Caucasian

3. Preferred Climate/Geography:

Overview: In case you do decide to use the basic setup I'm going to articulate here (which would be divine of you), what I basically need is a country with an Western and a Southern coast. It would be incredibly awesome of you if the plot you chose was mainland.  :)

Climate: The climate of Quoveri is relatively temperate, its summers warm but not hot, with its winters shedding snow onto the landscape. Thunderstorms will occasionally visit their wrath upon the coast, but nothing like a hurricane. There has only been one tornado in history to accumulate their, and it lasted 27.9 second, killing only a cat. The ocean's air keeps most of the people healthy, and it rains once every two weeks.

Geography:
The West: The Western Coast is lined by the Knore Mountain Range, a stretch of mountains that runs from north/south, the highest peak being ten thousand feet. Running through the range is a river called the Gunry, which snakes through the valleys and runs northward. It is also known as the Western River. Nestled on the eastern side of these moutains is the capital city, Orville (population of 7.5 million), which slopes slowly upward onto Corone Mt. The Gunry river bends from behind Mt. Corone and scoopes into the city, supplying most of the city with clean water. Keeping the Gunry unpolluted is a huge and relatively successful effort made by the city's population.

The East: The Eastern half of Quoveri is seperated from the West by the Gunry's twin river, the Uster (pronounced Uh-ster). The Uster lies just East of Orville, and on its eastern side its bank is dotted with ancient fishing villages, occupied by the oldest of the Quoverian families. The villages, which are formed on the small hills that line the Uster, are known for their epic, charming beauty. Small, well kept, medieval-era inns host large amounts of tourists each year. To the east of the hills (known as the Notter Hills) lies farmland. From the sky it looks much like a patchwork quilt, with small towns every twenty miles or so, all from centuries ago. The main produce of these farms is corn, grapes (vineyards are a big business, with large, old manors gracing them) , and wheat. In the east lie two twin cities, Humwell and Cistell (pronounced Se-stehl), both financial centers, each holding populations around five million. Humwell lines directly north of Cistell, seperated by the large Lake Bure (32 by 14 miles). Humwell River feeds into Lake Bure, running south, straight through Humwell like a scar. South of Lake Bure is Cistell, which is identically halved by a river, this time being Cistell River, which runs north, all the way from the southern coast. Both cities represent different aspects of the country. Cistell is known for producing Quoveri's greatest artist, while Humwell is the home of Quoveri's stock market, being the financial capital.

The South: The southern region of Quoveri is focused on the coast, which is rocky. A highway runs along the entire thing, providing a constant, epic view of the obviously cold ocean. Along the coast lies Quoveri's biggest city - Port Charle (prounounced Port Char-lei). The city is a large seaport, its center perched a top a large hill,  with large, ancient stone piers jutting out into the sea at the bottom. Its body is on the slopes, old cobblestone streets trailing down to the water. It is represented on many post cards with its national landmark, the Ashton Lighthouse, an incredibly old lighthouse the runs to this day, guiding midnight arrivals into Charle's busy mouth. The population ranks among 8 million. The city is also famous for its delicious cuisine, being mainly seafood such as lobster and clam.

The North: There is not much to say about the north in Quoveri. It is located north of Humwell, with a small but tall mountain range which is occupied by the tallest mountain in the country, the eleven thousand foot Mt. Garvey. The prestigious Garvey Ski Resort is a government business that attracts large numbers of tourists each year. Other than the skiing, it is great mountain climbing, protected as one of the country's national parks (Garvey Park), marked by Garvey Castle, which is just west of the ski resort, a giant medieval castle that was refitted into the nation's classiest hotel. Other than that, the North is coniferous forest which are protected as part of the park, and are to never be settled, a haven for wildlife. Ancient dirt paths run through it for tourists, yet rules prohibit any cars that are not hybrid from driving through it.

4. Society: Quoveri is quite simply an in-between society. Its landscape holds four old, beautiful cities, yet it also has great, productive farmland. Focused on protecting its culture and landmarks, the government is relatively neutral on most outside affiars but when it does get involved, it is quite lethal. Another biggie is education, the education department's famous motto being "With the Future In Mind".

5. "I promise to participate in National Roleplay and understand that if I do not I will be removed from the map."

6. I understand this looks like an elitist nation. But there are weaknesses. Think of it as a less neutral Switzerland with more of a Maine-ish climate and a different medieval feel. More ocean front, too. I would really like a medium sized plot.  :-P Don't bother accomodating the geographical description too much if you can't. Just it would be godly if you gave it a mainland plot with south and western coasts, its east and north bordered by other countries. Thanks! A! Lot!

Offline Flamaca-Nisomia

« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2007, 07:39:42 AM »
Population: 181 mil.

Ethnicity: Caucasian (Religion Pastafarian)

Climate/Geography: Semi-Desert Mountainous

Urbanised Society
^Yes, I'm English

I promise to yadayadayada.

Mountain range splits land in half for two states of Flamaca and Nisomia, capital is Lombardia.

Other than that, don't care.

Actually, scratch that, I would like a number of military bases, please.

Thank you kindly.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:41:29 AM by Flamaca-Nisomia »
Proud Mac user/Wiganer/Slot car racer/nerd.

Offline Hakamanishiya

« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2007, 02:09:29 AM »
Ok, you can probably guess that this post is for the Shahr of Hakahamanishiya, which has a
1. Population of 238 million,
2. Mostly Iranic, or Germano-Iranic population, with significant Turko-Semitic and Hellenic minorities,
3. Preferred Climate of temperate to sub-tropical with a mixed geography consisting of a long single coastline, with a good mix of flatland and mountains/foot-hills,
4. Recently Urbanized Society still supported by an diminishing though well established (and wealthy) rural society
5. "I promise to participate in National Roleplay and understand that if I do not I will be removed from the map." (I won't remove those who have done something and then go AFK, but I will remove those who haven't been active in their account for about a month or so unless informed otherwise)
6.  I appreciate the consideration and look forward to developing my nation (and the land it comes to occupy) into something worthy of being in Taijitu.
"Prepare for war with peace in thy soul. Be in peace in pleasure and pain, in gain and loss, in victory or in the loss of a battle. In this peace there is no sin." - The Bhagavad Gita

"Μολών Λαβέ!" - Λεωνίδας

Offline Thyatira

• The Holy Tetramorph
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2007, 12:26:07 PM »
1. Population: 459 million as of 09/26. See nation: Saradia al Ahsa
2. Ethnicity: Arabian
3. Preferred Climate/Geography: (Sub)Tropical Desert
4. Agricultural Society, Urbanized Society, In-between, Raw Resource Society: I'm not sure what "Raw Resource Society" exactly means but it sounds intriguing. I'll go with that or "In-between."
5. "I promise to participate in National Roleplay and understand that if I do not I will be removed from the map." Indeed! I intend to start a thread regarding a civil war within my Taiji' nation.
6. Any other comments... I'm pretty sure that's about it.

Edit: Ooo, wait. If at all possible could you shape the borders something like this:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:32:46 PM by Thyatira »
+++ The Holy and Gryphonnic Land of New Thyatira, +++
+++ Founding Nation of The Order of Gryphons +++

Under the overwhelming pressure applied by the Cookie Comrade I have been compelled to add the following: " this is true.  We owe you our thanks, oh grandfather of everything that is Awesome."
I thus accept the title Grandfather of Awesomeness.

Offline Union

• Loyalty to Self, Liberty to All
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »
Now we're REALLY overpopulated...
"Deception, Intelligence, Method, Execution, and Exploitation."

Offline Uziel

« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2007, 11:53:35 PM »
Hey Oz, I want a country named Hadera right next to where you plan to put Saradia al Ahsa.

1. Population: 15 mill
2. Ethnicity: Hebrew with an Arbic-ish minority
3. Preferred Climate/Geography: Arid and land-locked, bordering Saradia al Ahsa, wouldn't mind a river going through the middle. That's where most of the population will live, I wouldn't mind a relatively small nation.
4. raw resource I guess
5. "I promise to participate in National Roleplay and understand that if I do not I will be removed from the map again."
6. I'm Osafune. Hadera will be my puppet country for the purposes of the Saradian Civil War rp, I will not ally it with my main country of Collosea. If anything, Hadera and Collosea will be at war at some point kinda like I-S and DSA.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2007, 02:20:13 AM »
Just to let you know, I got most of you updated but I'm kinda tired and I need to do some more school work... Sorry I couldn't finish Updating.