Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let's promote the adoption of the Revolutionary Calendar to advance the scientific timekeeping of the region!

Author Topic: Suggestion Box  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Suggestion Box
« on: August 15, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »
Some discussion in IRC let to the thought of, "why not make a thread for suggestions?". I think that often people have ideas on how to improve something but may not be exactly sure on how to do it. The purpose of this thread is for anyone to comment on how they might like to improve Taijitu - any aspect of it - and we can all discuss openly how to remedy the issue.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Orristania

• Citizen-Liaison
  • Feel the Bern
    • Orristania
Re: Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:04:08 PM »
One suggestion that I can think of is changing the format of regional elections from simply voting in a poll to either PMing an administrator with votes or posting votes in the election thread. Voter fraud is extremely easy to commit when elections are held using a poll, though fraud is impossible when posting votes on the election thread or PMing votes to an admin.

Thanks! :D

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 11:50:42 PM »
Something simple and clean: THE ABILITY TO LIKE/DISLIKE POSTS.  Obviously, this is a technical change that may not be possible, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there.  :)
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 02:21:53 AM »
I've never used Simple Machines but I've used Vbulletin and phpBB, and if it's similar then installing hacks on forum software is usually fairly easy.  Liking posts sounds cool.  Not sure about disliking.

An arcade would be fantastic.  One of the arcade mods I used to use allowed you to set up tournaments, which were quite fun.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 02:26:56 AM »
I think the voting suggestion could be turned into a proposed law for the Ecclesia - as for like/dislike buttons, we'd have to check out mods. There are SMF mods available, and I imagine like/dislike buttons are one of them.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 03:00:00 AM »
Arcade? <insert large brown puppy dog eyes here>

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 04:00:27 AM »
I think the voting suggestion could be turned into a proposed law for the Ecclesia - as for like/dislike buttons, we'd have to check out mods. There are SMF mods available, and I imagine like/dislike buttons are one of them.
Yep!

http://smfhelp.org/index.php?topic=63.0
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
One suggestion that I can think of is changing the format of regional elections from simply voting in a poll to either PMing an administrator with votes or posting votes in the election thread. Voter fraud is extremely easy to commit when elections are held using a poll, though fraud is impossible when posting votes on the election thread or PMing votes to an admin.

Thanks! :D
How would a poll be rigged?

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Church of Satan

• Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 10:19:42 PM »
I imagine only citizens can vote in the polls, especially for elections. I don't imagine such a thing being overlooked by forum administration and nobody can get citizenship for 2 different accounts at the same time. So I would think the polls are near airtight on the matter.

Potential clients should PM/Query/Telegram