Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us develop the University into a world-class school, and the centerpiece of Taijituan culture!

Author Topic: Honorable Citizens of Taijitu;  (Read 8276 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Honorable Citizens of Taijitu;
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:36:22 PM »
We are in the midst of a glorious revolution! The old government of Taijitu has been dismantled, and in its spot a egalitarian direct democracy has been erected. In our recent election, we, the citizens of Taijitu, voted to dissolve our previous government and institute a "new, simpler one".

Taijitu is now a direct democracy; any citizen may introduce legislation in their role as a citizen-legislator and vote on any legislation introduced. Though the trappings - the "ecclesia" - are borrowed from Athenian democracy, citizenship - and the right to legislate - is of course extended to any Taijituan who applies for it rather than restricting it to any elite group.

Who is a Taijituan citizen? Well, for one, all citizens who were such in the previous government will have this status extended to them in our new one. I would also like to remove the WA requirement - as the delegate is now a citizen like anyone else, such a requirement seems unnecessary, though citizens are still encouraged to keep an active WA nation and endorse the elected delegate. Though the delegate will still exist, and will be elected to this office, it will be largely ceremonial. The delegate will have no role as an executive. A new election for citizen-delegate will be held immediately, and their term will last four months.

Another office that must be elected will be that of citizen-initiator. This person will be responsible for approving citizenship requests. They will be elected by the Ecclesia and their term will last as long as they are able - if the citizen-initiator resigns, or if a request for citizenship is left unaddressed for a week (seven days), a new election will be held as we will assume the citizen-initiator is unable to fulfill the demands of their office. A new election for citizen-initiator will be held immediately.

As it currently stands, Taijitu has no written constitution. If the Ecclesia wishes to draft and vote on a new constitution specifying any government they desire, they may do so. Taijitu will now also be considered a primarily social and role-player region. The Ecclesia will be the minimum government we need to function.

We also will continue recruiting in an attempt to enlarge Taijitu once more and invite new people to our community. The old recruiting center post has been moved to its new home and anyone is invited to recruit.

In summation:

• Taijitu is now ruled by the Ecclesia, a directly democratic legislative body which any citizen may participate in.
  • Previous citizens are grandfathered in, and a citizen-initiator will be elected to approve new requests for citizenship. A new election will be held immediately to pick a citizen-initiator.
  • The citizen-delegate will be elected every four months, but this office holds no political power. A new election will be held immediately to pick a citizen-delegate.
  • Recruiting will continue as we attempt to enlarge Taijitu's community. Taijitu will be considered primarily a social and role-player region.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:00:03 PM by Myroria »
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Re: Honorable Citizens of Taijitu;
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
Works for me.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:22:24 PM »
I expressed my strong approval in IRC but just for the record:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 09:09:21 PM »
I support this as well. Our community is kickstarted, and has been doing well, let's play to our strengths.