Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: Taijitu's gimmick  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Taijitu's gimmick
« on: April 25, 2018, 02:30:47 AM »
What do we want taijitu to be? There's been a lot of discussion on discord about this... how open we want to be, what kind of emphasis we want to put on things, what our relationship with NS should be, etc. Some people have asked for a new constitutional convention. Let's start a discussion about it.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
Re: Taijitu's gimmick
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 02:42:53 AM »
I have been thinking this over a lot.

I think that we can't redo the Glorious Revolution theme. I really love that one, but I think it would require a solid tether to the NationStates Gameplay universe, and that's just something that I'm not interested in at all. However, I would be interested in maintaining a similar government style -- emphasis on equality, just that there are some fellow citizens who decide to take on other responsibilities that are necessary to properly govern the region. The extent to those, I suppose, is still up for debate and I have no strong opinions.

Clearly, we are all focused on RP only. I would love to JUST do RP. However, if there are some friends that come along later on down the line who want to get Taijitu involved in Gameplay, I don't think I would be hardline against it. I am just interested in settling down and writing things for fun, honestly. A bigger RP world would be great, because I crave international interaction between many actors, which is why I suggested sending recruitment messages out in the first place.

Are there specific points that we need to talk about? I don't know where we ought to head in this discussion to start out.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 02:51:01 AM »
RP focus would be nice, having a constitutional convention might not be a bad idea though I have a feeling it will end up quite similar to the one created already.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 02:51:51 AM »
I'll make a longer reply tomorrow but my motivation was just to get this into a public forum besides discord so we could have everyone on the same page as far as what this iteration of our community's activity will be and so people could contribute their thoughts in a less chaotic manner.

I don't particularly see the need for a con con if we're not going to be too focused on NS but I don't care too much either way
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 02:54:28 AM »
RP focus would be nice, having a constitutional convention might not be a bad idea though I have a feeling it will end up quite similar to the one created already.
I can see this viewpoint but also keep in mind that in 2015 there were several major changes made to the Constitution that changed it fundamentally, so I would prefer to have a clean slate.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 02:56:07 AM »
The image I have in my head is a neutral port of call, primarily for RP but not necessarily only. I'm not interested in serious gameplay but think we should maintain at least token foreign relations for the purpose of self promotion. I'd like to remain open. The government should probably be streamlined for the day to day administration I suspect will make up the bulk of its work. I don't think we need a robust system of checks and balances, just do the British thing and have the Ecclasia be absolute.

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 03:36:15 AM »
We don't need to be a GP power again - I doubt anyone wants that drama >_>

At the risk of being totally nonspecific, we should be what we are now, just with more people. Calm place to chat about anything, RP, etc. and as we get more people we can add other events to the community calendar.

I think that we should stay connected to NS - both for recruiting new members and for connecting with other, less drama-prone regions.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 04:02:08 AM »
We don't need to be a GP power again - I doubt anyone wants that drama >_>

At the risk of being totally nonspecific, we should be what we are now, just with more people. Calm place to chat about anything, RP, etc. and as we get more people we can add other events to the community calendar.

I think that we should stay connected to NS - both for recruiting new members and for connecting with other, less drama-prone regions.
I completely agree with all of this. What's really prompting this conversation is the desire to fire up the recruitment machines again and reboot our RP world altogether. Ultimately, I like how casual we have been to this point. It's refreshing.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 01:38:09 AM »
I agree that I like casual a lot. It's so tiring to look around NS and see all these regions incapable of just chilling for two seconds. It's all legal challenges and coups and backstabbings. I don't see any reason why we can't just be a place with people who come to consensus decisions if any have to be made and, for the most part, just hang out and chat etc. Which isn't to say that drama will never happen but I think it will be a lot easier to manage and less likely to lead to things imploding if we don't have this NS mindset of how to gain pretend internet power and screw everyone else over all the time.

It'd also be a lot easier to tell new people "just come on the forums and chill out and RP if you want" than trying to finagle them into understanding some byzantine political structure. I think if we get a ton of new people who go to other NS places and like all the government stuff we could implement something like that then.

I could take a con con or leave it. I don't care. I'll probably just stick around here and post when I feel like it rather than think about all that stuff too hard.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 09:21:50 PM »
Maybe we want a constitutional convention to deal with topics related to the community/RP?

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »
I do think we need at least an apolitical administration to handle RP and recruitment, possibly gameside interactions. The big question that comes to mind is whether it should continue to remain separate from forum administration, e.g. TNP TO mods are appointed by admins. Another option is pursuing sonething similar to how the founder is handled.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 01:57:02 PM »
If only all this was done 3 or 4 years ago, how time flies. Seems good so far, keep going.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 05:46:01 PM »
I do think we need at least an apolitical administration to handle RP and recruitment, possibly gameside interactions. The big question that comes to mind is whether it should continue to remain separate from forum administration, e.g. TNP TO mods are appointed by admins. Another option is pursuing sonething similar to how the founder is handled.

Personally I wonder if anyone here right now really has an interest in all that government stuff. I think we could easily just have an Oztatorship in-game and an informal consensus style decision-making body on the forums, with a mod staff appointed by the admins or voted on by RPers.

As far as the founder goes I think we should have elections and pick from like four or five volunteers. I would prefer to take a step back from all that. I think we should make clear to any volunteers that they should be able to be easily reached if the founder needs reviving or something.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
In my mind I see three options: admins appoint people, we elect some executive who appoints people, or we have self organized committees like the founder's committee.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 09:26:07 PM »
In my mind I see three options: admins appoint people, we elect some executive who appoints people, or we have self organized committees like the founder's committee.

3rd, and it be open. If you want a checks and balances thing, any member of the founders committee can "send the proposal" to be voted on the founder's committee who may veto, but any other way a "Citizen's Assembly" is more than enough to deal with any of the decaying digital affairs of Taijitu.