Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us develop the University into a world-class school, and the centerpiece of Taijituan culture!

Author Topic: United Burandan Nations Embassy Request  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: United Burandan Nations Embassy Request
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 02:31:27 AM »
I was suggesting that we didn't need to pass a law allowing for immediate dismissal of requests without Ecclesia consideration, not that we do something for regions who don't want to request on the forum.

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 01:23:34 PM »
So getting back on topic of this embassy request...have any of our "spies" infiltrated their skype chat?  They do not appear to have a forum.

Personally, I think they'd be better off joining us.  Otherwise, how long will a region like this really last?  Is it worth the time and effort?

"We are the Tai. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."    :keke:
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »
I was suggesting that we didn't need to pass a law allowing for immediate dismissal of requests without Ecclesia consideration, not that we do something for regions who don't want to request on the forum.

I was pretty sure there is no law that we have to vote on embassy requests and/or embassy proposals, because Ecclesia rules and votes anyway. I'm against liberating this to the Citizen-Delegate or Citizen-Diplomats, it's fine the way it is and there is already a clause that I'm against but it passed about "time sensitive" NSGP crap.

Regarding this request, I'd rather there is a vote, even if I'd likely vote no.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 08:23:08 PM »
This has dragged on long enough. Let's vote.

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »

I second the motion to vote.
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 10:21:47 PM »
No kidding.  I made a puppet there, actually.

They've grown tremendously, quadrupling in size (currently at 47 members).  They are still in in their infancy, deciding very major things still (all through good ol Referendums!); but the UBN is full of young NSers who have strong ideas that I think can change things both around here, and around NationStates entirely. 

I advise you all to vote for an embassy, as it's an investment, while very forward-looking, that's sure to be extremely valuable.  I can see them becoming a big NS region in the future.
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 06:57:54 PM »
They've grown tremendously, quadrupling in size (currently at 47 members).  They are still in in their infancy, deciding very major things still (all through good ol Referendums!); but the UBN is full of young NSers who have strong ideas that I think can change things both around here, and around NationStates entirely.

Now that's good news! If they haven't quit already and are actually growing significantly, this Embassy seems much more appealing than it did when they initially applied.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 11:03:24 PM »
If the Citizen-Initiator hasn't opened a vote by tomorrow morning, I'll just go for it. :)
Elu is too busy being delegate of TNP. Remember what we do to incompetent leaders!
:guillotine: