Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: If a neighbor is in need of revolutionary rehabilitation, report it to the Citizen-Liaision!

Author Topic: Repeal of the Citizen-Liaison Act  (Read 5643 times)

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
Re: Repeal of the Citizen-Liaison Act
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 01:53:35 PM »
I am fine with it as long as the messages get sent and the guides get updated. Though I feel like if there is more than one they should have to work together from a shared template (for cohesion of information). The idea of a group of Liaisons appeals to me as the freetime concerns are lessened when diversified along multiple schedules.

Agree, as long as they are "working together from a shared template."  This is a mildly confusing place to come to as it is, and the C-Ls should be making it less confusing (i.e. more inviting).

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »
Quote from: Khems Proposed Amended Version Of The Citizen-Liaison Act
1. Qualifications and Election
1. Any citizen of Taijitu may stand for election to the office of Citizen-Liaison.
2. An election for Citizen-Citizen-Liaison will be held when three months have passed since the last election, the Ecclesia chooses to hold an election by a majority vote, or the office of Citizen-Liaison is vacant.
3. No person may serve as Citizen-Liaison for more than two consecutive terms.
4. The Ecclesia may remove the Citizen-Liaison by a majority vote.

2. Powers and Responsibilities
[st]1. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for managing Taijitu's community and community activity.[/st]
1. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for updating and maintaining the community guides.
[in]2. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for [st]establishing and [/st]running cultural events in the interest of community building. As established by the {insert new cultural events law here}.[/in]
3. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for welcoming new members to the forum [in]and[/in] answering their questions [st]and aid in their incorporation into the community[/st].

3. Citizen-Guides
1. The Citizen-Liaison may appoint any number of citizen-guides to assist them in their [st]powers,[/st]responsibilities, [in]aid in community events[/in] and all associated activities.
2. The Citizen-Liaison may dismiss citizen-guides at any time.
3. The Ecclesia may remove any citizen-guide by a majority vote.

I feel like this could fix the complaints without nerfing the whole thing.

I like this pretty much on the whole.

As for those saying that the Ecclesia could elect multiple CL's... why bother? Khem's proposal allows the CL to appoint Citizen Guides to share in the role -and- the Ecclesia has the ability to even remove them. So what's the harm in giving the CL the responsibility of choosing who they feel would be best to assist in the duty?

With regards to you, Delfos, saying why have the position when everyone should/could act as liason anyway. Well, what's stopping you even if there is a CL? What's stopping all of us from just popping up and being helpful to new citizens? What's stopping us from organising things that we think could help the community? Hell, look at BBB. He's doing shit left and right. He's actually putting his money where his mouth is (literally, in the case of the writing contest) And no one's elected him to do fuck all!

I would like to see Khem's proposal edited to leave in the part where the CL can establish cultural events as well. This will keep the position interesting, and encourage creativity on the part of the CL and their staff. I don't see why the Ecclesia should need approval over something so harmless. I mean, that is the potential damage a "cultural event" could cause? Should someone go fucking bonkers and make "Taijitu Nazi Appreciation Day" or something like that then the Ecclesia could just remove them.

Again, CL position or not. Nothing is stopping any one right now from welcoming newbies or creating "events". But a position to oversee and manage the community is good, it gives leadership and direction. It allows efforts to be focused and leveraged to achieve maximum results.

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 06:54:57 PM »
Again, CL position or not. Nothing is stopping any one right now from welcoming newbies or creating "events". But a position to oversee and manage the community is good, it gives leadership and direction. It allows efforts to be focused and leveraged to achieve maximum results.
This is actually a good point, but it might make some people feel, well, I don't have the position of Liasion, so I can't really start new things. For example, if Khem was Liasion and someone wanted to do something that was big, it involved a lot of people, and could possibly be inter-regional, they might feel like they don't have the power to do it, and they're crossing certain boundaries. Although, someone could just ask permission if they felt this way, or discuss it with other members.

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 06:01:01 PM »
This is actually a good point, but it might make some people feel, well, I don't have the position of Liasion, so I can't really start new things. For example, if Khem was Liasion and someone wanted to do something that was big, it involved a lot of people, and could possibly be inter-regional, they might feel like they don't have the power to do it, and they're crossing certain boundaries. Although, someone could just ask permission if they felt this way, or discuss it with other members.

I really doubt that would be the case. And if someone is afraid initiate a move for the good of the community out of legal concerns then that says that we as a culture have begun to let our laws think too much for us at the cost of the greater good.

The main reason I don't think it would be an issue is because people are already doing things along that nature and seem to feel empowered to do so. Secondly, those who are most likely to want to establish some kind of larger event are most likely already going to be in some governmental capacity simply because of the time and connections needed (if it were inter-regional)

Lastly, it is up to us to communicate that just because a CL exists does not mean the everday citizen is off the hook for trying to help out in some way. I mean.. I would think that would and should be common sense but you never know.

And of course, those who want to do something but don't know what.. would know where to go to obtain information and some guidance in that area via the CL's office.

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 06:04:23 PM »

I really doubt that would be the case. And if someone is afraid initiate a move for the good of the community out of legal concerns then that says that we as a culture have begun to let our laws think too much for us at the cost of the greater good.

The main reason I don't think it would be an issue is because people are already doing things along that nature and seem to feel empowered to do so. Secondly, those who are most likely to want to establish some kind of larger event are most likely already going to be in some governmental capacity simply because of the time and connections needed (if it were inter-regional)

Lastly, it is up to us to communicate that just because a CL exists does not mean the everday citizen is off the hook for trying to help out in some way. I mean.. I would think that would and should be common sense but you never know.

And of course, those who want to do something but don't know what.. would know where to go to obtain information and some guidance in that area via the CL's office.
Makes sense.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 02:41:33 AM »

Theoretically all of what you've stated should be true, however historically has not been as such. During the initial terms in the office of C-L it had quickly become assumed that this was the only person to do certain things and one should blame said position for nigh unimaginable amounts of nonsense. While in my custody I found it most useful for purposes of making sure new forum members knew what was what and where was where. Perfectly suited to the position of establishing a common template for greeting nations and keeping guides updated.

I'd honestly like if the aspect of community events was completely divorced from the office of C-L, either becoming another temporary office (like mediator) established by a citizen asking to host an event in our regions name or selected whenever we decide to do such a thing.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »
So anymore input on this? Are y'all gonna move this to vote? If this is stalled I'm going to start the elections.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 05:49:41 PM »
I think we're ready to vote between at least two options, ad hoc or slight reform.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »
I have opened a vote HERE.