Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen reminder: Socioendangerment levels run from one to sixteen. Cooperation with mandatory sentencing from the Citoyen-Mediator may result in decreased rehabilitation length.

Author Topic: Taijitu Constitutional Convention  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Re: Taijitu Constitutional Convention
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 04:41:20 AM »
I mean I'm working on more but my freetime is limited. I would appreciate suggestions and additions others would want. Should it be structured so that each member of the executive has a section of law so as to make amending each position easier or interweave them and make it a more bedrock article? What range of powers and how tightly do we want to define responsibilities? What election methodology would be prefered? I say we keep the name Ecclesia for the legislature but what model do we want? Will we have a speaker or will an Executive officer act as such?

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
Re: Taijitu Constitutional Convention
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 07:05:10 PM »
Well, I read the article and it deals with a proposal for a new election system for US legislative assemblies. Unfortunately this is labeled democracy, though it is only a variation on a parliamentary system. Democracy is more than that, most importantly rights for the people that legislation can not alter or remove.

The problem with concentration of power is that modern politicians feel they have a right to impose almost anything as long as they have a legislative majority. in a true democracy, this is not so.

This idea of "liquid" democracy is interesting, though, as I see it, he is really trying to implement a further division of powers within the legislatures to make it possible for different "domains" to run their own legislative process regardless of the over all power balance. I think this may well be the way forward, but this idea needs further refinement befoire it can become a viable alternative.