Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us become steel shields that defend the ideals of the Glorious Revolution and Taijituan democracy!

Author Topic: Rough draft of executive officer law  (Read 5526 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Rough draft of executive officer law
« on: January 19, 2016, 06:40:58 PM »

1. The Directorate
1. The Directorate will be composed of the Citizen-Delegate, the Citizen-Steward and the Citizen-Sergeant.
2. The Citizen-Delegate will serve as head of state and conduct foreign policy.
3. The Citizen-Steward will serve as head of government and conduct domestic policy.
4. The Citizen-Sergeant will serve as commander in chief of the armed forces and conduct military policy.
5. Members of the Directorate may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as deputies to assist them in their duties.
6. Members of the Directorate may style the titles of their deputies as appropriate.

2. Elections
1. The offices of Citizen-Delegate, Citizen-Steward, [st]Citizen-Seargent[/st] [in]Citizen-Sergeant[/in] and Citizen-Initiator will be considered elected offices.
2. An election for an elected office will be held if three months have passed since the last election for the office, the Ecclesia chooses to hold an election for the office by majority vote or the office is vacant.
3. Elections will be held using the two-round system with a majority threshold.
4. [st]Ties during elections will be broken in favor of the candidate who declared their candidacy first.[/st][in]Ties during elections will be broken randomly.[/in]

3. Powers and Responsibilities
3.1.Citizen-Delegate
1. The Citizen-Delegate will serve as head of state and conduct foreign policy.
2. The Citizen-Delegate will hold the in-game Delegacy of the region of Taijitu with full powers and will exercise them as provided by law.
3. The Citizen-Delegate may negotiate treaties and embassy exchanges.
4. Build on forum embassies.
3.2.Citizen-Steward
1. The Citizen-Steward will serve as head of government and conduct domestic policy.
2. The Citizen-Steward will be responsible for recruitment campaigns and welcome messages.
3. The Citizen-Steward will appoint an editor for the regional newspaper and ensure the freedom of speech for all writers within the regional newspaper.
4. The Citizen-Steward will be responsible for updating and maintaining the community guides.
3.3.Citizen-Sergeant
1. The Citizen-Sergeant will strategically lead the Taijitu Citizens' Militia and will act as military adviser to the Ecclesia.
2. The Citizen-Sergeant may approve or reject applications to join the Militia. Rejections may be appealed to the Ecclesia.
3. The Citizen-Sergeant may delineate rank and responsibility within the Militia.
4. The Citizen-Sergeant will be empowered to order military actions, and to delegate this power to a chain of command within the Militia.
3.4.Citizen-Initiator
1. The Citizen-Initiator will evaluate and accept or reject all applications for citizenship.
2. If the Citizen-Initiator rejects an application for citizenship, the Ecclesia may approve it by a majority vote.
3. The Citizen-Initiator may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as deputies to assist them in their duties.
4. The Citizen-Initiator will serve as presiding officer of the Ecclesia and will be responsible for moderating debate in the Ecclesia, recording the results of votes, and making rulings on procedure.

Review and add to my blanks.

edited spelling error. more to be amended as time goes.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:47:41 PM by Khem »

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: Rough draft of executive officer law
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 06:48:27 PM »
I think Seargant should be Sergeant. Will review in more depth later.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
I agree that domestic policy should be centralized under a Citizen-Steward or whatever we want to call it. I would advise amending the Liaison, Voice of the People and University acts to say that they are appointed deputies of the Citizen-Steward rather than separately elected.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 07:04:54 PM »
I agree that domestic policy should be centralized under a Citizen-Steward or whatever we want to call it. I would advise amending the Liaison, Voice of the People and University acts to say that they are appointed deputies of the Citizen-Steward rather than separately elected.
Brilliant!

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 07:13:53 PM »
I believe the consensus was that

Ties during elections will be broken in favor of the candidate who declared their candidacy first.

Ought to be replaced with

Ties during elections will be broken randomly.

Are we looking to put all our language concerning executive offices in a single law? If so we should consider the proposed changes to the Advisory Council Act and the Delegacy Act.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:49:55 PM »
I believe the consensus was that

Ties during elections will be broken in favor of the candidate who declared their candidacy first.

Ought to be replaced with

Ties during elections will be broken randomly.

Are we looking to put all our language concerning executive offices in a single law? If so we should consider the proposed changes to the Advisory Council Act and the Delegacy Act.
That is the plan as far as I am concerned, the more central a law is the less likely it is to get repealed. Which specific alterations would you like to see brought over to this?

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:24:39 PM »
I think the Directorate should replace the Advisory Council, since they're more or less the same. The language about not being able to occupy multiple offices at once should be brought over as well. I will present a more complete draft when I get home this evening.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 02:10:32 AM »
I dragged my feet on this, but as promised here's my draft incorporating what's been discussed in this thread and others so far:

Quote from: Governance Act
1. The Citizen-Delegate
2. The Citizen-Delegate will hold the in-game Delegacy of the region of Taijitu with full powers and will exercise them as provided by law.
4. The Ecclesia may ratify treaties and embassy exchanges negotiated by the Citizen-Delegate by a majority vote.
5. The Ecclesia may repeal a treaty or embassy exchange by a majority vote.
6. The Citizen-Delegate may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as diplomats and ambassadors to assist in their duties.

2. Citizen-Steward
1. The Citizen-Steward will serve as head of government and conduct domestic policy.
2. Domestic policy will include recruitment, culture, communications and education.
3. The Citizen-Steward may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as commissioners to assist in their duties.

3. The Citizen-Sergeant
1. The Citizen-Sergeant will serve as commander in chief of the armed forces and conduct military policy.
2. The Citizen-Sergeant will evaluate and accept or reject all applications to the armed forces.
3. If the Citizen-Sergeant rejects an application to the armed forces, the Ecclesia may approve it by a majority vote.
4. The Citizen-Sergeant may delineate rank and responsibility within the armed forces.
5. The Citizen-Sergeant may discharge members of the armed forces.
6. The Citizen-Sergeant may delegate their powers to a chain of command within the armed forces.

4. Citizen-Initiator
1. The Citizen-Initiator will evaluate and accept or reject all applications for citizenship.
2. If the Citizen-Initiator rejects an application for citizenship, the Ecclesia may approve it by a majority vote.
3. The Citizen-Initiator will serve as presiding officer of the Ecclesia and moderate debate, record the results of votes and rule on procedure.
4. The Citizen-Initiator will maintain records of the Constitution and laws.
5. The Citizen-Initiator may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as deputies to assist them in their duties.

5. The Directorate
1. The Directorate will be composed of the Citizen-Delegate, the Citizen-Steward and the Citizen-Sergeant.
2. The Advisory Council will advise the Ecclesia in regards to executive policy.
3. The Advisory Council will deliver reports on the progress of executive initiatives to the Ecclesia during the months of Ventaire, Boisaire, Gaïôse, Tonneral, Sidéral, and Cielidor.

6. Oversight
1. The Ecclesia may remove any government official from office by a majority vote.
2. The Ecclesia may regulate government officials by law.

7. Elections
1. The offices of Citizen-Delegate, Citizen-Steward, Citizen-Sergeant Citizen-Sergeant and Citizen-Initiator will be considered elected offices.
2. An election for an elected office will be held if three months have passed since the last election for the office, the Ecclesia chooses to hold an election for the office by majority vote or the office is vacant.
3. Any citizen may stand as a candidate in such an election.
4. Elections will be held using the two-round system with a majority threshold.
5. Any tie during any election will be broken randomly.
6. No person may hold an elected office for more than two consecutive terms.
7. No person may hold more than one elected office concurrently.

Missing is a full account of the amendments that would have to be made to other laws.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 06:23:21 PM »
Perhaps easiest done by repealing multiple laws in tandem? I like your structure. Section 5 needs to be cleaned up.
Quote from: List of laws to be amended/repealed
Easily Repealed:
Advisory Council Act
Citizen-Initiator Act
Citizen-Liaison Act
Delegacy Act
Militia Act
Should Be Amended:
University of the Revolution Act
Voice of the People Act

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 09:26:48 PM »
Yes, I was expecting it would all be rolled together into an omnibus bill of sorts.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »
University of the Revolution Act

Can we just rename it University of Aniane? And also change the name of the lecture hall?

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 01:57:21 AM »
We could rename it, but I think  that is better handled in a separate proposal, as that is unrelated to the actual functional structure of the executive.

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »

1. The Directorate
2. The Citizen-Delegate will serve as head of state and conduct foreign policy.
3. The Citizen-Steward will serve as head of government and conduct domestic policy.
4. The Citizen-Sergeant will serve as commander in chief of the armed forces and conduct military policy.
5. Members of the Directorate may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as deputies to assist them in their duties.
6. Members of the Directorate may style the titles of their deputies as appropriate.

2. Elections
1. The offices of Citizen-Delegate, Citizen-Steward, [st]Citizen-Seargent[/st] [in]Citizen-Sergeant[/in] and Citizen-Initiator will be considered elected offices.
3. Elections will be held using the two-round system with a majority threshold.
4. [st]Ties during elections will be broken in favor of the candidate who declared their candidacy first.[/st][in]Ties during elections will be broken randomly.[/in]

3. Powers and Responsibilities
3.1.Citizen-Delegate
4. Build on forum embassies.
3.2.Citizen-Steward
2. The Citizen-Steward will be responsible for recruitment campaigns and welcome messages.
3. The Citizen-Steward will appoint an editor for the regional newspaper and ensure the freedom of speech for all writers within the regional newspaper.
4. The Citizen-Steward will be responsible for updating and maintaining the community guides.
3.3.Citizen-Sergeant
1. The Citizen-Sergeant will strategically lead the Taijitu Citizens' Militia and will act as military adviser to the Ecclesia.
2. The Citizen-Sergeant may approve or reject applications to join the Militia. Rejections may be appealed to the Ecclesia.
3. The Citizen-Sergeant may delineate rank and responsibility within the Militia.
4. The Citizen-Sergeant will be empowered to order military actions, and to delegate this power to a chain of command within the Militia.
3.4.Citizen-Initiator
3. The Citizen-Initiator may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as deputies to assist them in their duties.
4. The Citizen-Initiator will serve as presiding officer of the Ecclesia and will be responsible for moderating debate in the Ecclesia, recording the results of votes, and making rulings on procedure.

Review and add to my blanks.

edited spelling error. more to be amended as time goes.
This has my support.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 10:24:34 PM »
I dragged my feet on this, but as promised here's my draft incorporating what's been discussed in this thread and others so far:

1. The Citizen-Delegate
4. The Ecclesia may ratify treaties and embassy exchanges negotiated by the Citizen-Delegate by a majority vote.
6. The Citizen-Delegate may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as diplomats and ambassadors to assist in their duties.

2. Citizen-Steward
2. Domestic policy will include recruitment, culture, communications and education.
3. The Citizen-Steward may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as commissioners to assist in their duties.

3. The Citizen-Sergeant
1. The Citizen-Sergeant will serve as commander in chief of the armed forces and conduct military policy.
2. The Citizen-Sergeant will evaluate and accept or reject all applications to the armed forces.
3. If the Citizen-Sergeant rejects an application to the armed forces, the Ecclesia may approve it by a majority vote.
4. The Citizen-Sergeant may delineate rank and responsibility within the armed forces.
6. The Citizen-Sergeant may delegate their powers to a chain of command within the armed forces.

4. Citizen-Initiator
3. The Citizen-Initiator will serve as presiding officer of the Ecclesia and moderate debate, record the results of votes and rule on procedure.
5. The Citizen-Initiator may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as deputies to assist them in their duties.

5. The Directorate
2. The Advisory Council will advise the Ecclesia in regards to executive policy.
3. The Advisory Council will deliver reports on the progress of executive initiatives to the Ecclesia during the months of Ventaire, Boisaire, Gaïôse, Tonneral, Sidéral, and Cielidor.

6. Oversight
1. The Ecclesia may remove any government official from office by a majority vote.

7. Elections
1. The offices of Citizen-Delegate, Citizen-Steward, Citizen-Sergeant Citizen-Sergeant and Citizen-Initiator will be considered elected offices.

Missing is a full account of the amendments that would have to be made to other laws.
I currently support this version.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 12:07:19 AM »
I move the following to a vote.

1. The Citizen-Delegate

2. Citizen-Steward

3. The Citizen-Sergeant

4. Citizen-Initiator

5. The Directorate

6. Oversight

7. Elections

[/quote]