Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The arteries of Taijitu run not with blood, but with kittens!

Author Topic: Revamp the Ecclesia Procedure Act  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Revamp the Ecclesia Procedure Act
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:09:20 PM »
I'd like to update the Ecclesia Procedure Act, most specifically the voting methodology. I think we could use a simpler language and streamline the process. I also think we could open up voting to include all members of the region with the same reworking. What do you all think?

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: Revamp the Ecclesia Procedure Act
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 01:07:35 AM »
Cautiously in favor.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:44:30 PM »
When you say "all members of the region" what do you have in mind? I am open to automatically extending citizenship to people who meet certain requirements if the technical aspects of it can be managed (e.g. anyone who's in the WA and endorsing the delegate) but I am not so sure about letting people vote in the legislative process. The laws are being debated here so in my mind it is valid to restrict voting on them to people who use the forums. I am open to the possibility of more people getting to vote on certain elected officials though if, again, the technical part of it can be managed.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 08:31:30 PM »
Restricting it to only WA nations would be mighty limiting. I was thinking all members of the region (you know all nations granted citizenship, not some but all) being brought in under the expansion. I understand that the issue might be puppet nations used to influence votes but do you think that would be that huge of an issue?

As an aside to the Citizenship expansion I'd rather focus energies toward an improved voting system for both elected officials and legislation.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 08:58:27 PM »
Restricting it to only WA nations would be mighty limiting. I was thinking all members of the region (you know all nations granted citizenship, not some but all) being brought in under the expansion. I understand that the issue might be puppet nations used to influence votes but do you think that would be that huge of an issue?

As an aside to the Citizenship expansion I'd rather focus energies toward an improved voting system for both elected officials and legislation.

me liky

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 11:22:06 PM »

Sounds good, but i thought everyone that have citizenship also have the vote?

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 03:17:57 AM »
So we've put some effort into being able to implement something like this via civics.

When I get back from not-at-home this Saturday, Gulliver and I should put some more work into that together.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 05:46:43 PM »
So we've put some effort into being able to implement something like this via civics.

When I get back from not-at-home this Saturday, Gulliver and I should put some more work into that together.

That certainly works for me, I'd definitely prefer to have the technical side of things up and running prior to implementation.

Sounds good, but i thought everyone that have citizenship also have the vote?

I suppose I need to more clearly state the idea is to expand citizenship as currently defined to all members of the region even ones off forum.

I would still like to alter our voting procedure to simpler language at the very least and preferably to lengthen voting times for elections. This is something I would like feedback on.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 07:21:04 PM »

I bring up WA nations because we need some way to verify uniqueness. As Eluvatar mentions this could be done using the Civics platform we've been working on, but it'll require some work.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 01:22:59 PM »
There's definitely no easy way to work in a form of universal citizenship, but I agree that it is worth exploring. I think the forum is, for many people, an arbitrary barrier to participation, never mind how terribly the RMB is set up.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."