Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us become steel shields that defend the ideals of the Glorious Revolution and Taijituan democracy!

Author Topic: Replacing the Citizenship Act  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Replacing the Citizenship Act
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:27 PM »
Quote from: New Citizenship Act
[in]
Citizenship
1. Any person who possesses a nation in the region of Taijitu may apply for citizenship.
2. The content of applications for citizenship will be established by law.
3. Citizenship may only be revoked if a citizen's nation ceases to be in Taijitu, as punishment for a crime, or if a citizen renounces it willingly.
4. Members who were granted citizenship before this legislation was passed will retain citizenship.
5. The Citizen-Initiator will evaluate and accept or reject all applications for citizenship.
6. If the Citizen-Initiator rejects an application for citizenship, the Ecclesia may approve it by a majority vote.
7. The Citizen-Initiator may appoint and dismiss any number of citizens as deputies to assist them in their duties.[/in]

For replacement of...

Quote from: old text
[st]
The Ecclesia;

Whereas before no legislation concerning qualifications have established for citizenship and the only impediment to citizenship having previously been the opinions of the Citizen-Initiator, let it be decided that the conditions by which Taijitu exists require stricter regulations in order to avoid the indoctrination of potentially harmful individuals into our community;

I. Citizenship

All members who were granted citizenship before this legislation was passed will retain citizenship and shall not be required to apply under the new terms, unless they resign citizenship and re-apply;
Applicants will still have to post a request for citizenship in the appropriate forum, but may now opt to complete a questionnaire;
The questionnaire shall not hinder attempts to gain citizenship, but shall only progress said attempts, unless said questionnaire raises red flags about the applicant, in which case the Citizen-Initiator or their deputy may conduct an investigation before approving the applicants request;
Applicants who have completed the questionnaire shall be given priority opposed to applicants who have not completed the application, meaning a applicant who has completed the questionnaire shall have their application reviewed first;
The full body of the questionnaire shall be determined by the Citizen-Initiator, subject to the conditions in this legislation and the approval of the Ecclesia;
The Citizen-Initiator must conduct a background check, and may appoint a deputy, subject to the approval and the ability to be recalled by the Ecclesia, to conduct background checks in their name;
II. Conditions for the Application

The Questionnaire as described in I. Citizenship must have the following areas, additional areas may be added by the Citizen-Initiator subject to the approval of the Ecclesia;
The areas shall be: Name, Former Regions of Residence, Former Political Posts, Other Aliases;
Every area must be filled out for the Citizen-Initiator or their deputy to consider the Questionnaire valid, in which case they will be given priority, if they have not completed the entire questionnaire their application shall be treated as if they had not filled out the application;
III. Oath of Citizenship

In order to be considered for citizenship, in conjunction with the terms dictated above, the applicant must fill out an Oath of Citizenship;
The Oath of Citizenship shall consist of the following:
I, [forum name] in sound mind and good conscience, do hereby declare my loyalty to the Citizens' Democracy of Taijitu and to the principles of the Glorious Revolution. I swear to respect and uphold the Constitution and the laws adopted by the Ecclesia. I recognize that should I break my oath I shall be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and that my citizenship may be forfeit.
The Ecclesia hereby passes Legislation Concerning Citizenship.[/st]

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: Replacing the Citizenship Act
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 03:16:07 PM »
2. The content of applications for citizenship will be established by law.

If we want to specify additional requirements for citizenship applications, wouldn't the most prudent place to put it be in this law?

I would like to maintain the oath, though possibly with the removal of "[forum name]" since that's not strictly needed.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Re: Replacing the Citizenship Act
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:57 PM »
I agree but wanted that left open for discussion. I'd vote for the current oath.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai: