Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us make the whole region resound with the song of We Are The Happiest People in NationStates.

Author Topic: Poll: Citizenship Requirements  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Re: Poll: Citizenship Requirements
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 02:34:32 PM »
Attempting to judge the quality of posts can easily make this a mess.

What would be the goal of post/activity requirements? While it may sound obvious, I mean the question seriously. Set the bar low enough, and it serves no real purpose (the activity-requirement discussion often surfaces from concerns about outsiders' influence in the region - if that is the concern here, keep in mind that those wishing to have such influence will have little trouble meeting the minimum requirements). Set the bar too high and you are disenfranchising players who are interested and committed to Taijitu, but simply have less time to commit to an online game than we do.
There would be experimentation for a sweet spot I'd think. I'm thinking somewhere between 10-20 posts is not unreasonable. The goal would be to weed out those who will not ultimately be more than a name on a list.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »
Attempting to judge the quality of posts can easily make this a mess.

What would be the goal of post/activity requirements? While it may sound obvious, I mean the question seriously. Set the bar low enough, and it serves no real purpose (the activity-requirement discussion often surfaces from concerns about outsiders' influence in the region - if that is the concern here, keep in mind that those wishing to have such influence will have little trouble meeting the minimum requirements). Set the bar too high and you are disenfranchising players who are interested and committed to Taijitu, but simply have less time to commit to an online game than we do.
There would be experimentation for a sweet spot I'd think. I'm thinking somewhere between 10-20 posts is not unreasonable. The goal would be to weed out those who will not ultimately be more than a name on a list.
Exactly. It doesn't have to be messy at all. If we use some semblance of common sense in analysing the quality of the posts. They don't need to be in RP or NSGP related threads. Just a quick search to see if they're engaging in the community. On any level. Not just one word responses to topics to fill up their post count.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 04:42:37 PM »
All of this is contingent on new people coming into the region.

Let's face it, guys: no new members have come to the forums in God knows how long.  How can we solve this?
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »

Let's face it, guys: no new members have come to the forums in God knows how long.  How can we solve this?
Buy stamps and recruit, there's not much to it, a buck here, a buck there, that's how almost all the non founders came here.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »

Buy stamps and recruit, there's not much to it, a buck here, a buck there, that's how almost all the non founders came here.
Can't we get people from outside NS?  We have a YouTube channel, we can make social network accounts; what do you guys think about that?
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 10:16:58 PM »

Can't we get people from outside NS?  We have a YouTube channel, we can make social network accounts; what do you guys think about that?
We've all said what we think of that. If you want to try to bring them in from other avenues go for it. The rest of us will be considering this an NS region in the meantime.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »
Having a nation should remain a requirement for citizenship. As for other requirements with post counts and activity, while I don't think they'd be necessarily harmful I don't see how they would help much either. Removing citizenship for less active resident nations probably will not encourage activity from others.

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 09:06:25 PM »

I swear, I think you say this in every thread you comment in.

GIVE IT A REST ALREADY

I'm sure we've all heard you the first 256,589 times you said it.  We have a steam group, many of us stay in contact outside of the realm of NS. Just because these things are not happening to you does not mean that they do not happen. 

I'm not -against- your idea. But I am sick to death of hearing it in every thread. You're starting to sound like one of those dolls with the pull strings. *pulls the string* "Lets take taijitu out of NS" *pulls the string* "Did somebody mention skype?"

Also, throwing  up a poll "Just because everyone else is" does not really mean anything.