Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us develop the University into a world-class school, and the centerpiece of Taijituan culture!

Author Topic: Europeia  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
Europeia
« on: December 30, 2014, 08:38:51 PM »
It came to the attention of your Citizen-Delegate and Citizen-Diplomat that the region of Europeia, with whom we had been considering reopening relations, had informally adopted a policy that entering into an embassy relationship means no policy commitment on their part, not even not to invade that region. Specifically, the Republic of Europeia appeared to be declining to apologize to Canada for having materially supported an invasion (which later turned into a grief) while having an embassy relationship with Canada.

A query delivered to Europeia by the Citizen-Diplomat asking for clarification on this matter - whether an embassy relationship truly means no guarantee on Europeia’s part to refrain from invasion - was responded to with an official statement from Europeia’s President, Mousebumples. It largely confirms our suspicions. In the statement released today, President Mousebumples said:

”[...] our policy for embassy exchanges has never included a guarantee of non-aggression. [...] whether or not the Republic intends to issue an apology to Canada is a matter concerning these two regions alone. If the Republic determines that such an action is in agreement with our diplomatic interests, we will pursue it. […] While it is not currently in the Republic's interest to take actions of hostility against Taijitu, and while we do not foresee a situation in the future where this will change, an exchange of embassies between our regions should not be viewed as a formal guarantee of this. If Taijitu is interested in such a formal guarantee, the appropriate approach for this would be to investigate the possibility of a non-aggression pact.”

In 2007 and 2008, long before the Glorious Revolution, Taijitu did raid from time to time - but never our diplomatic peers. In December 2011, a soldier in the Europeian Republican Navy used Taijitu as a staging area for an invasion, which Taijitu found to be a violation of its sovereignty and of its expectations of a diplomatic peer. In that instance, Europeia apologized for the error and promised it would not be repeated. The government of the day found this satisfactory.

While Taijitu has changed since 2011, so, apparently, has Europeia. If Europeia is no longer prepared to acknowledge fault or refrain from violating the sovereignty of diplomatic peers, then the Citizen-Delegate and Citizen-Diplomat believe that Taijitu should be uninterested in reopening relations, at least without certain guarantees.

We therefore ask the Ecclesia:
  • To decline any embassy request from Europeia until our diplomatic team recommends otherwise.
  • To consider adopting a resolution stating our expectations of our diplomatic peers, to be communicated through our current embassies.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
Re: Europeia
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
Hear hear.  :clap:
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 08:44:41 PM »
No objection here!
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 08:46:35 PM »
I am so very surprised.

More seriously, I think that yeah, we can put relations with Europeia on the back burner given this information. Maybe after we're satisfied with our foreign relations with Lazarus, The East Pacific, the South Pacific, Spiritus, Wintreath, and The North Pacific (it may be wise to negotiate a more comprehensive treaty with TNP to replace the current one), we can consider a non aggression pact.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Cormac

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 09:15:26 PM »
I'm in full agreement with this policy and will be voting against any embassy requests from Europeia.
Cormac Sethos
Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 10:30:17 PM »
Maybe after we're satisfied with our foreign relations with Lazarus, The East Pacific, the South Pacific, Spiritus, Wintreath, and The North Pacific (it may be wise to negotiate a more comprehensive treaty with TNP to replace the current one), we can consider a non aggression pact.

Agreed!

Offline The Church of Satan

• Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 04:42:32 AM »
This is the best course of action and I support it.

Potential clients should PM/Query/Telegram

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 07:00:16 AM »
Yeah, screw them.
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos