Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Play forum games in an offensive way, like those of the anti-junta resistance!

Author Topic: Amendment to the Delegate Act: Hiring Power  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Amendment to the Delegate Act: Hiring Power
« on: March 17, 2015, 04:31:07 AM »
Delegacy Act Amendment

1. Qualifications and Election
1. Any citizen of Taijitu may stand for election to the office of Citizen-Delegate.
2. An election for Citizen-Delegate will be held if three months have passed since the start of the previous election, the Ecclesia chooses to hold an election by a majority vote, or the office of Citizen-Delegate is vacant.
3. No person may serve as Citizen-Delegate for more than two consecutive terms.
4. The Ecclesia may remove the Citizen-Delegate by a majority vote.

2. Powers and Responsibilities
1. The Citizen-Delegate will serve as head of state and conduct foreign policy.
2. The Citizen-Delegate will hold the in-game delegacy of the region of Taijitu with full powers and will exercise them as provided by law.

3. Citizen-Diplomats
1. The Citizen-Delegate may appoint any number of citizens of Taijitu as citizen-diplomats to assist them in conducting foreign policy.
2. The Citizen-Delegate may dismiss citizen-diplomats at any time.
3. The Ecclesia may remove any citizen-diplomat by a majority vote.
4. Citizen-Diplomats may appoint any number of Citizens as Citizen-Ambassadors to extend the message of the Glorious Revolution to our allies.

4. Citizen-Liaison
1. The Citizen-Delegate may appoint any number of Citizen-Liaisons to assist them in maintaining Taijitu's community and community activity.
2. The Citizen-Delegate may dismiss Citizen-Liaisons at any time.
3. The Ecclesia may remove any Citizen-Liaison by a majority vote.
4. It shall be the responsibility of the Citizen-Liaison to greet new members of Taijitu and assist them in navigating our forums and culture.
5. Citizen-Liaisons may appoint any number of Citizens as Citizen-Guides to aid in community management and all associated activities.

I seek to further enshrine what I believe is necessary for our executive branch to grow into proper usefulness. I submit my suggested changes that such may yet take place. Come Citizens and tell me what think you?

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: Amendment to the Delegate Act: Hiring Power
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 04:37:35 AM »
I could support this, but I would reword "extend the message of the Glorious Revolution to our allies" to "extend the message of the Glorious Revolution to other regions" if we keep that flavor text, since we have embassies with regions that aren't allies.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:40:37 AM »
I agree with Gulliver but other than that, this looks good.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:43:20 AM »
So this works then?

1. Qualifications and Election
1. Any citizen of Taijitu may stand for election to the office of Citizen-Delegate.
2. An election for Citizen-Delegate will be held if three months have passed since the start of the previous election, the Ecclesia chooses to hold an election by a majority vote, or the office of Citizen-Delegate is vacant.
3. No person may serve as Citizen-Delegate for more than two consecutive terms.
4. The Ecclesia may remove the Citizen-Delegate by a majority vote.

2. Powers and Responsibilities
1. The Citizen-Delegate will serve as head of state and conduct foreign policy.
2. The Citizen-Delegate will hold the in-game delegacy of the region of Taijitu with full powers and will exercise them as provided by law.

3. Citizen-Diplomats
1. The Citizen-Delegate may appoint any number of citizens of Taijitu as citizen-diplomats to assist them in conducting foreign policy.
2. The Citizen-Delegate may dismiss citizen-diplomats at any time.
3. The Ecclesia may remove any citizen-diplomat by a majority vote.
4. Citizen-Diplomats may appoint any number of Citizens as Citizen-Ambassadors to extend the message of the Glorious Revolution to other regions.

4. Citizen-Liaison
1. The Citizen-Delegate may appoint any number of Citizen-Liaisons to assist them in maintaining Taijitu's community and community activity.
2. The Citizen-Delegate may dismiss Citizen-Liaisons at any time.
3. The Ecclesia may remove any Citizen-Liaison by a majority vote.
4. It shall be the responsibility of the Citizen-Liaison to greet new members of Taijitu and assist them in navigating our forums and culture.
5. Citizen-Liaisons may appoint any number of Citizens as Citizen-Guides to aid in community management and all associated activities.

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 06:22:10 AM »
I'm okay with the idea, but is it necessary? The law already allows for any number of liaisons and diplomats appointed by the Delegate to perform their various duties. Presumably those officials could ask for help from citizens without having to formally appoint them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:25:35 AM by Wast »

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 02:01:30 AM »
I have always believed when formally given a job to do people are more likely going to be active in the given role. Official sanctioning of such by law is what I wish so as to avoid future disagreements about legality of such deputization. Having an official title to work with is inherently uplifting to the one doing the job as well, improving overall morale. I want to have official subordinates within the Liaison office in particular to help achieve various goals. I'm not opposed to holding off until after the election to sort this out but would prefer voting sooner.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 07:54:08 AM »
If the justification to do things, that aren't much different from the previous things, isn't ephemeral or changes with your personal needs then this isn't Taijitu.

I'm all for more defined things, new people need to get a clue of wtf is going on.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 12:25:47 AM »
I motion for a vote.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Cormac

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 11:01:39 AM »
This has gone to vote here.
Cormac Sethos
Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order