Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let this region resound with the song of the Kitten Paw Happy-time, and be permeated with the smell of catnip and pine!

Author Topic: Alliance Between Taijitu and The North Pacific  (Read 6783 times)

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
Re: Alliance Between Taijitu and The North Pacific
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 06:51:07 PM »
Well Gulliver and Eluvatar are currently running for Delegate over there.  Funk is one of their Justices now, I think  Myroria has a couple Deputy Minister positions.  Saint Oz is there, just cuz he's Saint Oz.  And I'm there for some RP action but, I am getting more involved with their government, I'm actually voting now.  I would suggest you create/move a puppet and register there and help with the "cultural exchange."
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »
ehhhh

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »
I am Deputy Minister of Communications, which makes me Managing Editor of the Northern Lights, TNP's newspaper. I am also Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and an RP consultant, which essentially means I answer questions that new RPers might have or help people improve their writing.

I will work on re-formatting the treaty for easier viewing and adding some of Cormac's changes. At this time, I would prefer not to mandate specific cultural exchanges - I agree with Bustos that that sort of thing is best left to people like the Citizen-Liaison or the Minister of Home Affairs for TNP, with only the general idea that they should happen left in the treaty.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 07:48:23 PM »
ehhhh

If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.   :-P

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 02:37:11 AM »
I like Khem's suggestion of some kind of RP-focused cultural exchange. I'd like to sit down with Myroria, Lord Lore, possibly madjack, Khem if he's willing, and myself otherwise to talk about some possible arrangement. I'd suggest a discrete event, possibly with sequels.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 02:46:16 AM »
I'm open to that.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 03:15:23 AM »
Count me in, mos def.

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 05:33:21 AM »
I like Khem's suggestion of some kind of RP-focused cultural exchange. I'd like to sit down with Myroria, Lord Lore, possibly madjack, Khem if he's willing, and myself otherwise to talk about some possible arrangement. I'd suggest a discrete event, possibly with sequels.
Most certainly willing time permitting.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »
I'll play devil's advocate. We should repeal this treaty, why are we allies with the shittiest democracy in the world anyways?

Besides, the NPA is more a raider organization than a neutral one.

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
I'll play devil's advocate. We should repeal this treaty, why are we allies with the shittiest democracy in the world anyways?
The shittiest? Have you seen ... any ... of the other ones? XD
I hear the Minister of Defense is working on that.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 01:08:37 AM »

Please elaborate :P

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 03:36:17 AM »
Just read their forum for an hour, you'll start to get what I mean.

Let's repeal it and say good riddance

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 05:26:24 PM »
The Taijitu-North Pacific Alliance
A treaty renewing the alliance between Taijitu and the North Pacific.

Preamble
1. Aware of the long and special relationship between Taijitu and the North Pacific, the two regions’ shared commitment to freedom, liberty, and democracy, and the kindred ties between them, the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific and the Ecclesia of the Citizens’ Democracy of Taijitu formalize this alliance of mutual defense and cooperation.

Section One - Establishment

1. The signatories will recognize the constitutional governments in force at the time of ratification of this treaty, and any legally enacted successor governments, as the sole legitimate governments of their respective regions.
2. The signatories agree to maintain both on- and off-site embassies with each other.
3. The signatories agree to penalize willful violation of the other party’s rules for RMB posts on that party’s RMB should the other party allow embassy RMB posts.

Section Two - Security

1. If the sovereignty of either party is threatened, the other will respond with the consent of the aggrieved party.
2. They will assist in coordination with the aggrieved party and in proportion to the grievance.
3. The signatories will collaborate militarily on request, according to established laws or policies.
4. Participation by the signatories on opposite sides of a military engagement that does not constitute an attack on either signatory's home region shall not be considered "military hostilities against one another" for this purpose.
5. The signatories will not in any way, direct or indirect, initiate or participate in espionage, subterfuge, or other clandestine operations against one another. For this purpose, a "clandestine operation" is one or more persons acting under false pretenses in one signatory's home region or regional forum at the direction of the other signatory's government without the knowledge of the affected signatory..
6. The signatories will share any intelligence relevant to the defense of the other party. If this intelligence relates to the North Pacific, it shall be provided to the Security Council of the North Pacific. If this intelligence relates to Taijitu, it shall be provided to the delegate of Taijitu.

Section Three - Cultural Cooperation

1. The signatories will endeavor to organize cultural events on the regional off-site forums or regional message board of one or the other party, with the goal of mutually enriching both communities.

Section Four - Amendment and Dissolution

1. This treaty may be amended by mutual consent through the normal ratification processes of the two signatories.
2. Either party shall give a week’s notice prior to withdrawing from the treaty.
3. Either party shall exhaust all reasonable diplomatic options before withdrawing from the treaty.

Made some changes in accordance with Citizen Cormac's recommendations. Left the word "delegate" in Section 3-6 lowercase when referring to the Taijituan office to allow for a change in title in the future while not imbuing the office of Citizen-Delegate with Sovereign-Dixiest airs. ;)

Offline Cormac

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 12:47:51 AM »
Looks good to me!
Cormac Sethos
Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 05:34:44 AM »
The Taijitu-North Pacific Alliance
A treaty renewing the alliance between Taijitu and the North Pacific.

Preamble
1. Aware of the long and special relationship between Taijitu and the North Pacific, the two regions’ shared commitment to freedom, liberty, and democracy, and the kindred ties between them, the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific and the Ecclesia of the Citizens’ Democracy of Taijitu formalize this alliance of mutual defense and cooperation.

Section One - Establishment

1. The signatories will recognize the constitutional governments in force at the time of ratification of this treaty, and any legally enacted successor governments, as the sole legitimate governments of their respective regions.
2. The signatories agree to maintain both on- and off-site embassies with each other.
3. The signatories agree to penalize willful violation of the other party’s rules for RMB posts on that party’s RMB should the other party allow embassy RMB posts.

Section Two - Security

1. If the sovereignty of either party is threatened, the other will respond with the consent of the aggrieved party.
2. They will assist in coordination with the aggrieved party and in proportion to the grievance.
3. The signatories will collaborate militarily on request, according to established laws or policies.
4. Participation by the signatories on opposite sides of a military engagement that does not constitute an attack on either signatory's home region shall not be considered "military hostilities against one another" for this purpose.
5. The signatories will not in any way, direct or indirect, initiate or participate in espionage, subterfuge, or other clandestine operations against one another. For this purpose, a "clandestine operation" is one or more persons acting under false pretenses in one signatory's home region or regional forum at the direction of the other signatory's government without the knowledge of the affected signatory..
6. The signatories will share any intelligence relevant to the defense of the other party. If this intelligence relates to the North Pacific, it shall be provided to the Security Council of the North Pacific. If this intelligence relates to Taijitu, it shall be provided to the delegate of Taijitu.

Section Three - Cultural Cooperation

1. The signatories will endeavor to organize cultural events on the regional off-site forums or regional message board of one or the other party, with the goal of mutually enriching both communities.

Section Four - Amendment and Dissolution

1. This treaty may be amended by mutual consent through the normal ratification processes of the two signatories.
2. Either party shall give a week’s notice prior to withdrawing from the treaty.
3. Either party shall exhaust all reasonable diplomatic options before withdrawing from the treaty.

Section One-
1. TNP recognizes they are a region full of losers.

Let's vote on this alliance treaty instead.