Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let this region resound with the song of the Kitten Paw Happy-time, and be permeated with the smell of catnip and pine!

Author Topic: Advisory Council Act  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Advisory Council Act
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:50:38 PM »
The Advisory Council Act has been largely ignored since it was adopted and unused. I suggest we consider drastically rewriting it or repealing it entirely.

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
Re: Advisory Council Act
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 11:06:35 PM »
1. Composition
1. The Advisory Council will be comprised of the Citizen-Delegate, Citizen-Initiator, Citizen-Liaison, and Citizen-Sergeant.
2. All officers will be limited to holding a single office of the Advisory Council at a time.
2. Powers and Responsibilities
1. The Advisory Council will advise the Ecclesia in regard to executive policy.
2. The Advisory Council will hold regular meetings to discuss and address matters on the executive agenda, which will include any matter any officer wishes to discuss. The minutes of such meetings will be provided to the Ecclesia.
3. The Advisory Council may, by majority vote, invite other officials to participate in its meetings. Only officers of the Advisory Council may vote on Advisory Council matters.
4. The Advisory Council may, by majority vote, set policy in regard to any matter that involves more than one office of the Advisory Council. Such policy may be amended or repealed by the Ecclesia.

5. Agreements negotiated by the Citizen-Delegate or citizen-diplomats with other regions or organizations will only be submitted to the Ecclesia following a majority vote of the Advisory Council in favor.
6. The Advisory Council will deliver comprehensive reports on the progress of executive initiatives to the Ecclesia during the months of Ventaire, Boisaire, Gaïôse, Tonneral, Sidéral, and Cielidor.

Quoted above for easy reference. I don't think we need it at all. Only 1.2 is really important, and that can be put elsewhere in the constitution/laws. It's nice to have a formal way to resolve disputes over overlapping powers within the executive branch (2.2-2.4), but that should come up quite rarely. If we end up without a judiciary, it's worth keeping the advisory council.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 01:31:18 AM »
I mean I'd like to see a new executive structure so... yeah I'd like to see this repealed and replaced.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 03:58:03 AM »
I mean I'd like to see a new executive structure so... yeah I'd like to see this repealed and replaced.
Agreed.