Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The counter-revolution will soon be as dead as the Q Society!

Author Topic: A Master Proposal  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
Re: A Master Proposal
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2015, 02:14:15 PM »
Funk and I's differing opinions here are not on how to accomplish something, but simply ideological.  From what I've heard, Funk (and Lindisfarne) simply believe Taijitu is a NS region, and should be nothing more, period.  I, however, think that Taijitu could be a first example of an online democratic government, a concept that might spread further through more websites like this.  I know I can't change opinions on things like that, so I won't try.

NO! I do not SIMPLY belive Taijitu is a NS Region and should be nothing more. In fact, I thing Taijitu is much more than simply a region. Byt we ARE in fact a Region of NS, and that is how we all came together in the first place.

Personally I'm not very keen on GP. Taijitu is were I have hung my hat, and I am doing the motions in NS because that is required, but that doesn't mean I think we can devorce ourselves from NS and bring in a lot of other people. (see previous post).

Now, since I am just a silly girl, I would like to ask AwesomeSaucer:
# What is the point of being BIG?
# What is the point of having "thousands of members"?

If you look at how many really active members we have and how many citoyens actually votes in the Ecclesia, I see the primary problem to activate those who are already here, never mind thousands of new members.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »
The issue here isn't politics. Our social community is lackluster because no one talks about anything. Our RP is byzantine and complex and difficult for a beginner to get into. How do we fix that?

How does Spiritus have a social community vibrant and friendly and fun and we don't? How does TNP have an RP community filled with posts and we don't?

Excellent questions. I wonder at that as well. How do we keep things fun and interesting for new members and continually engage them so they want to stay, but also not lose our identity as a region with well-written albeit complex RP? What sort of topics should we start in General Discussion and the like to encourage friendly conversation?

If people show up and the only really active part of the forum is The Ecclesia, we will continue to lose the attention of members looking for a vibrant and varied community.

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2015, 08:51:59 PM »
Now, since I am just a silly girl, I would like to ask AwesomeSaucer:
# What is the point of being BIG?
# What is the point of having "thousands of members"?

You made a ton of good points, but this is an especially good question.

I don't think the goal is to be BIG for the sake of being BIG.  Or at least it shouldn't be.  Activity is what we want to increase, and it only follows that the more active members we have, the more activity will follow.  How MANY people we want doesn't seem to me to be something we could easily calculate...

Of course, we - like any community - could get to be too big and lose the intimacy we have with a small group.  If that happens - which is probably not likely - I think that would be a good problem to have, and easier to solve.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2015, 08:55:54 PM »
OK, one last post before I embark on my political hiatus.

I get it.  My visions are extremely long term, and perhaps unsustainable with our current resources.

For now, we need to focus on getting more people into the off-site forums, and more importantly, getting them to DO THINGS.  This should be our focus for the meanwhile.
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2015, 09:01:28 PM »
I get it.  My visions are extremely long term, and perhaps unsustainable with our current resources.

I thought that was the case - I don't think there's anything wrong with grandiose visions as long as they don't trump a near-term increase in activity.  :)

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2015, 09:28:05 PM »
I thought that was the case - I don't think there's anything wrong with grandiose visions as long as they don't trump a near-term increase in activity.  :)

Quite agreed! Big visions are extremely helpful! They help us think about and decide a real direction for the region to grow in rather than just dicking around with whatever issues come to mind.