Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen reminder: Failure to participate in Daily Poll may result in being found guilty of enjoyment malcompliance.

Author Topic: Novrith Conference (1971)  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Novrith Conference (1971)
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:53:00 AM »

THE SEDARA'S RESIDENCE
PELAGIS

March 14, 1971

His Excellency, Presiding Steward Caelir Minengner
Romenna
The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar,

The Most Serene Republic of Myroria would like to invite a delegation from the Royal Confederacy to attend a diplomatic conference of great importance to the nations of the North Cefnori Basin. The conference, to be held this fall in Novrith, Myroria, will discuss matters related to trade between Myroria, Eluvatar, Ozia, Letonna, Rykkovaa, and Elara.

The enormous contribution Eluvatar has upon trade globally is enough to warrant her inclusion in any international conference, but her role as a trading partner in the north of Cefnor makes her inclusion in this one a given. In addition, our nations' ancient alliance and cooperation on projects such as CEFANET, or our closely-tied space programs, make Eluvatar a crucial part of this prospective association. I hope that this invitation receives a speedy response, and I wish His Excellency the best.

In sincerity and honor,

Her Majesty Fredrika Quarrovth Tar-Ilium, first of that name, Sedera of the Most Serene Republic of Myroria.

THE SEDARA'S RESIDENCE
PELAGIS

March 14, 1971

Listener Adara Revia Oz
Ozi'pol
The Divine Republic of Ozia,

The Most Serene Republic of Myroria would like to invite a delegation from the Divine Republic to attend a diplomatic conference of great importance to the nations of the North Cefnori Basin. The conference, to be held this fall in Novrith, Myroria, will discuss matters related to trade between Myroria, Eluvatar, Ozia, Letonna, Rykkovaa, and Elara.

The special relationship between our two countries, and the ancient history linking our peoples, warrants Ozia's inclusion at this conference. Despite centuries of enmity between our two republics, efforts have been made by various leaders on both sides of the border within the past five decades to heal those wounds. It is my belief that an Ozian delegation to Novrith would be an excellent display of solidarity between peoples that, though separated by religion, share a common root to their languages, thousands of years of history, and kindred blood. I hope to hear a speedy response to this invitation and wish the Divine Listener the best.

In sincerity and honor,

Her Majesty Fredrika Quarrovth Tar-Ilium, first of that name, Sedera of the Most Serene Republic of Myroria.

THE SEDARA'S RESIDENCE
PELAGIS

March 14, 1971

His Majesty, Emperor Ulfrum, first of that name
Letonnasburg
Empire of Letonna

The Most Serene Republic of Myroria would like to invite a delegation from the Letonnese Empire to attend a diplomatic conference of great importance to the nations of the North Cefnori Basin. The conference, to be held this fall in Novrith, Myroria, will discuss matters related to trade between Myroria, Eluvatar, Ozia, Letonna, Rykkovaa, and Elara.

Letonna and Myroria forged a lasting friendship due to their close trading partnership, which has grown only stronger during the reign of my predecessor. I wish to continue this growth via this conference, which will aim to increase trade and profit between each nation attending. If an agreement is reached, it will be a great boon to Letonna and every other nation in the Basin. I hope that this invitation receives a speedy response, and I wish His Majesty the best.

In sincerity and honor,

THE SEDARA'S RESIDENCE
PELAGIS

March 14, 1971

His Most High and Potent Excellency the Supreme Baan
Sandyrva
The Seven Baan of Rykkovaa,

The Most Serene Republic of Myroria would like to invite a delegation from the Seven Baan to attend a diplomatic conference of great importance to the nations of the North Cefnori Basin. The conference, to be held this fall in Novrith, Myroria, will discuss matters related to trade between Myroria, Eluvatar, Ozia, Letonna, Rykkovaa, and Elara.

Rykkovaa, though a new nation compared to her neighbors, sits at the entrance of Cefnor and therefore commands by her geography a seat at this table. Rykkovaa's cooperation, understanding, and respect of her fellow polities demands her a seat. Her warmth to new ideas emboldens me to offer her one. I hope that this invitation receives a speedy response, and I wish His Excellency the best.

In sincerity and honor,

THE SEDARA'S RESIDENCE
PELAGIS

March 14, 1971

His Majesty Asharr Vaylen, first of that name
Vel'Falas
The Eternal Empire of Elara,

The Most Serene Republic of Myroria would like to invite a delegation from the Eternal Empire to attend a diplomatic conference of great importance to the nations of the North Cefnori Basin. The conference, to be held this fall in Novrith, Myroria, will discuss matters related to trade between Myroria, Eluvatar, Ozia, Letonna, Rykkovaa, and Elara.

Elara, though far from Myroria's shores, shares her appreciation of family through their own system of Great Houses, a religion that, like our own, venerates ancestors, and a keen interest in international trade. It is a great pleasure for me to invite a delegation from your nation to this international congress. I hope that this invitation receives a speedy response, and I wish His Excellency the best.

In sincerity and honor,

"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Elara

Re: Novrith Conference (1971)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 03:24:18 PM »

May 15, 1971
Her Majesty Sedera Fredrika Quarrovth Tar-Ilium, first of that name
Pelagis
Most Serene Republic of Myroria

It is with great honor that we received your most respectful invitation at the Ivory Palace. The very core essence of our culture rests in the qualities that you mentioned and Myroria's commitment to those same virtues has not gone unnoticed. The Myrorian people have a history both rich and noble, it is no doubt that neighboring nations can only be improved by your people's example.

The Cefnori Basin, especially here in the north, has seen its fair share of contention as nations vied for position and power. It is for this reason Elara would be honored to send a delegation in hopes that we may not only solve the trade disputes and disparities that many have seen, but also to further diplomatic relations and understanding.

We look forward to a historic journey to Novrith, a city that no doubt matches the beauty and warmth of its people.

With the greatest respect,

His Majesty Endell Vaylen, first of that name, Asharr of the Eternal Empire of Elara

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:44:46 PM by Elara »

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 05:18:43 AM »

Office of the Supreme Baan of Rykkovaa
April 3rd, 1971
Her Majesty Fredrika Quarrovth Tar-Ilium, first of that name
Pelagis
The Most Serene Republic of Myroria

You honor us with your consideration and invitation. Our two nations share a long history which, while not always sanguine, binds us never the less to a common destiny. I confess I had my misgivings when I first read your invitation. but I now share your recognition that this bond means that cooperation will inevitably be necessary to our continued prosperity.

As such, I am deeply grateful for your extending this opportunity to normalize our relations with Myroria and our shared neighbors.  I can happily report that my fellow baan and the Chancellor's cabinet are in agreement with me and have authorized me to accept this invitation. I am also happy to further report that I will be able to attend in person. I look forward to our meeting.

With the utmost of respects and honors,

Supreme Baan Kasbin Ovena Savaanas
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:24:41 AM by Gulliver »

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 03:30:57 PM »

Royal Office of the Crown, Letonnasburg,
Letonna

Her Majesty Fredrika Quarrovth Tar-Ilium, first of that name
Pelagis
The Most Serene Republic of Myroria

It honors the Crown, the Ministries, and the people of Letonna that we have been chosen to attend such a historic event. I have instructed my Ministries to only send the best, and that they have done. Ambassador Verik Von Trelberg of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be in attendance.

We believe this conference will be of utmost importance to us and other Cefnor nations. In our turbulent history, The Myrorians and their noble Houses have long stood by us, and we are deeply grateful to return our friendship and cooperation. We believe fantastic things are possible at this conference, and we look forward to it with the greatest anticipation.

His Lands Mightiest, Emperor Ulfrum Gyth, first of that name
Letonnasburg, Letonna

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »

Queen Fredrika of Pelagis

I have spoken with the People's Senate, and they has decided to send a delegate from the International Affairs Bureau, Dr. Feridnha Sevilecrin Evrashik. She is an acclaimed author, economist, and ambassador whom I believe will represent the O People best.

As for past centuries of enmity, we have, as the charming Myrorian people put it, buried the hatchet long ago. What is best for our people today is to put aside greed and selfishness to maintain order, commerce, and welfare for our peoples. 

Listener Adara

P.S. I hope you enjoy this gift box of zuavka cigars.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:09:27 PM by St Oz »

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 04:19:42 AM »

Office of the Presiding Steward
New Spring Palace
Romenna
March 19, 1971
Our Friend, Your Majesty Fredrika Quarrovth Tar-Ilium, first of that name, Sedera of the Most Serene Republic of Myroria,

It is the considered policy of the Royal Confederacy to pursue the expansion of free trade as the surest trade policy to benefit all concerned. The notion of further opening trade and otherwise promoting the easy and open exchange of goods and services between your nation, ours, and others in this part of the world has our attention and interest.

While protocol prohibits my personal attendance, I have full trust in our mutual friend, Ælar Elendili, Exalted Servant of the Steward of State. I name him State Envoy and do delegate and authorize him to represent the Royal Confederacy in Novrith in our participation at the Conference.

I, Presiding Steward Caelir Minengner, do declare this official correspondence of the Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar by the power granted to me in the Absence of the King, soon may he return.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:23:36 AM by Eluvatar »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »
September 1971

Like most fall nights in Novrith, tonight was drizzly. A thick fog had rolled in from the sea, making the entire city appear as if it was adrift on a cloud. Considering that most Novrenes already thought they lived above everyone else, this was appropriate.

The opening of the Novrith Conference was on Monday, and though she would not be leading the conclave herself, the Sedera saw fit to organize a cocktail party for the delegates on the Saturday before. No stranger to throwing a party - as her infamous 45th birthday celebration this year made plain to all of the high society of Myroria - the doge ensured there would be an open bar in order to attract as many guests as possible.

Novor Quarrovth, a distant cousin of the doge and an influential member of the Council of Great Houses, stood at the bar surveying the crowd in the ballroom. By his side stood Gilas Quarrovth, an 18 year old Council page who, it was said, could talk anyone into doing anything - so long as he wasn't busy puffing on his inhaler.

Novor was on his third or fourth martini, but, as a man of such considerable wealth, he had attended perhaps thousands of these get-togethers and so had learned how to keep the alcohol from getting to his head - at least as far as that was possible. Gilas, sitting on a stool next to Novor, was just finishing his first - the Ivorheart, a unique cocktail made with traditional strawberry brandy. For anyone but someone with a classic case of the Myrorian sweettooth, the Ivorheart would be best described as "cloying".

"I recognize hardly any of these people," Gilas remarked to Novor.

"That's because hardly any of these people are Council members. Seems like ever since the doge got elected you have to had directed a movie, written a book, or gotten a PhD to get invited to any of her parties. I remember when Fendryn was around. Any sort of gathering was filled with Council members and disgraced Council members, just like it always has been. We never let in the - " Novor took a sip of his martini. "hoi polloi."

"Who's that?" Gilas asked. He gestured towards a curly-haired woman with legs up to here and a hemline down to there.

"Girmani Velasoth. Have you seen that new Eluvataran movie, The Myrorian Connection?"

"Uh," Gilas said, thinking.

"Two Annuminas cops chase a Myrorian heroin smuggler?"

"I don't think I have."

"She plays the heroin smuggler."

"Ah," Gilas said. "Is she single?"

"Look at that man over there," Novor said, pretending he didn't hear Gilas. "Dr. Ferele Hlaretroth. He just published quite a book,"

"Oh?"

"The Sexual Habits of Myrorians."

"Oh!"

Flashbulbs could be seen outside the hall on the street and, shortly after, there was a commotion at the door of the ballroom as a Hemlander walked in dressed in a tuxedo.

"And there he is!" Novor said sarcastically. "No party is complete without The Wolfman." Novor made sure he didn't say the Hemlander's stage name like a Hemlander. "Award winning songwriter. Personally, I can't understand a word he says." Novor reached for his martini again.

"Where are the dignitaries?" Gilas asked. "This seems like a movie premiere or something."

"Oh, if they're here yet they're around. Otherwise I'm sure they'll show up shortly. The Sedera herself is to speak at 9:00."

Gilas nodded.

"This is your brave new world, Gilas. I'm too old for this shit."
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »
In the back seat of a black sedan, Kasbin sat comfortably as they pulled up. Through the drizzle-streaked window he could see the gauntlet of photographers waiting for them, their flashbulbs an unceasing flurry of miniature supernovas through the distortion of mist and precipitation. The suggestion of a bemused smile twitched on the black lips of a muzzle which was nearly entirely white with advanced age.

“It looks like they’re prepared quite the welcome for us, haven’t they Jäv?” Kasbin turned to look at the younger man sitting to his left. The lad had with high accolades and recommendations when assigned as his attaché. Good, ruling class Novajot stock with gray coat and icy blue eyes which were frozen in an equally cold expression of suspicion. Kasbin’s brows rose a fraction of an inch. “Is there something wrong.”

“I wasn’t told to expect any…improvized...photo shoots. I’m sorry sir, I’ll see to it that—” Kasbin interrupted with a chuckle and limp wave of the hand. Good, ruling class stock indeed, with a carefully cultured mistrust of anything not signed off on by the Party at least a full month in advance.

“Oh don’t worry about it Jäv, I’m sure I’ll be alright. We are guests after all, and when in Novrith, do as the Myrorians do or something like that.” Jäv’s expression didn’t budge.

“That may be, sir, but they cannot truly expect you to permit yourself to be photographed without any preparation.” Kasbin’s soft smile lingered but his eyes tightened in a pantomime of scrutiny.

“Do you believe I do not look presentable, Jäv?”

“Of course not, sir.” The response was swift and crisp, but his eyes widened visibly with surprise, and Kasbin could still detect the flustered note he had been hoping for. “I simply object to allowing unverified photographers to represent your person in an unfairly negative light.” Kasbin placed and avuncular hand on Jäv’s shoulder.

“Objection noted, and overruled.” He signaled the chauffeur with his other free hand and continued. “Like I told the Council we’re going to need to be ready to adapt now, and that means you too.” Behind him the door clicked opened. A gust of cold, damp air rushed in, carrying with it a cacophony chittering camera shutters and chattering socialites. Kasbin gave a pair of reassuring pats on the shoulder before swinging himself out of the car. “Come on, I’m sure it can’t be that bad.”

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 03:10:58 AM »
“I thought this was like a meet n’ greet thing, there seem to be a lot of people here.” Verik Von Trelberg said dully.

“This is a big event in a town that likes big events. Myrorians like their celebrities as much as their booze I believe, or so I’ve heard.” a Ministry official said next to him.

Their car slowed to a halt as the one in front stopped, allowing a large figure to emerge.

“There’s a Hemlander getting out of that car.” the official pointed out.

“You see a lot when you leave Letonna, especially Hemlanders, in and out of cars.” Verik said  sarcastically.

Their car began to accelerate but came to a stop before a very crowded entrance to the venue. Verik adjusted his hair with a small mirror, and tightened his tie.

“You can come with me if you want. Maybe you’ll meet some cute girls. You're a decent looking guy. And you got that Imperial accent. Chicks dig that."

“I’ll pass. I’m going to check into our hotel, and meet up with some ministry contacts. The driver and I will pick you up in two hours.”

“I don’t know where they find you new bloods, when I joined we had a beer first  and negotiated international treaties second.”

“The Ministry wanted me to remind you how critical this conference is Ambassador.” He said sternly, his demeanor changing.

“They choose you because you’re known to flatter first and hard-ball negotiate second. They want to make sure you keep our values in mind when conducting your business, this includes social functions.”

“But of course, always stick to your values, especially when they've made you look so good in the past.”

Verik winked at the man, then opened the car door, cameras drenching him in light.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:13:04 AM by Letonna »