Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen reminder: Socioendangerment levels run from one to sixteen. Cooperation with mandatory sentencing from the Citoyen-Mediator may result in decreased rehabilitation length.

Author Topic: The Megatridimensional Order 1983 Economic Summit - OOC  (Read 7078 times)

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
The Megatridimensional Order 1983 Economic Summit - OOC
« on: April 01, 2015, 10:38:42 PM »
Ok, so new to RPing and I wanted to pique curiosity by being all mysterious about my plans and such, but since you people seem so nice and give feedback, I thought I would play my first one straight and just vomit out the idea and see if I'll get any interest in this.

What you need to know:

1) Megatri is now on the map.  If you look, you'll notice my nation is now firmly planted directly between the nations on Australis  (Nova Letonna, Resdaynia and Vazhuvir) and the Cefnor nations (al'Khem, Funkadelia, Abasha, Malawa and to a lesser extent Omsarim).  According to the climate map, there are all sorts of mountains between Megatri and the Cefnor nations.

2) Megatri, for all intents and purposes, has been 'dark' since the 1966 Megatri Civil War.  Though many theories exist, no one (including me, btw) really knows why they cut off contact with the rest of Taijuti.  I'm thinking that could actually be another idea for a roleplay at some point...  Journalists and spies were expelled while it still looked as if there was no end to the war in site, and Megatri closed all embassies.

IN ADDITION, Megatri closed all ports, international flights and any and all trade routes.  Other nations were very unhappy, especially with no recourse or reason given.  While sanctions were imposed and various levels of threat attempted to reestablish contact with Megatri, there was little to no progress made over the 17 year self-imposed exile.

3) Year is 1983 - Now.  Megatri is going to send invitations (a la the Cefnor Conference, inviting delegates to attend an Economic Summit.  Rumors and speculation about what Megatri is going to say differ by nation. Even journalists and the foreign press are invited.

4) From Megatri (my) point of view, this is a calculated step to reintroduce Megatri to the world and begin to engage in international relations once again.   In truth, Megatri is going to offer free trade agreements with all of the nations above (and any others who would like to join).  That will be the major part of the conference.  Nations, of course will be free to do whatever with that offer.   :D

5) What is also not known is that Megatri leadership is going to have a closed door no press meeting with delegates where Megatri will answer a single question from each nation that we will answer fully and in truth.  This is, in my mind, an attempt to build trust.   The questions could be anything you guys want, from "what is your view on human rights?" or "where'd you guys go for 17 years" to more "creative (?)" things like "you still owe us $40 billion from that one thing you did that one time" or "will you apologize for the atrocities your armies committed in 1955."  etc. etc.

So that's my plan.  First, what do you guys think?  If it's lame, feel free to say so and how I could make it not be lame.  Second, if you read between the lines, you can see I'm trying to gather information on non-existent relationships, old wars, prejudices, etc. - so I'm going to have at least one or two statements that you guys are free to jump on.  Third, I hope my proposal here strikes the right balance, where I lay out just enough information that you guys can play off of it, but not dictate what the interactions are going to be.

Let me know what you think.  In the meantime, I'll be working on my factbook, whatever form that might take.  :)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:57:01 PM by bigbaldben »

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Re: The Megatridimensional Order 1981 Economic Summit - OOC
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 12:24:13 AM »
Very interested in this! Myroria will definitely attend.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 12:50:28 AM »
I would be interested in participating in this.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 01:10:23 AM »
I think this is a very cool idea! Count my nation in!

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 01:22:42 AM »
Yea I'm in. Be nice to come up with a few links to refer to in the past for sure.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 05:35:38 AM »
New nation?  Free trade?   Oh yeah, I'm interested!
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Erno

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 02:47:01 PM »
Interesting indeed-s! Dalarian's representatives would definitely attend given chance.

Offline bigbaldben

Re: The Megatridimensional Order 1983 Economic Summit - OOC
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 03:06:32 PM »
Ok all, thread is posted in the Modern Era room.

I was going to make cool invitations like I've seen in other threads, but ultimately decided against -- so everyone and anyone is hereby officially invited!!   8)

Feedback is welcome and appreciated!  As I said, first RP, so I can use all the tips I can get!

Oh, and I've also started on my wiki page:  http://wiki.taijitu.org/wiki/The_Republic_of_Megatridimensional_Order

Not much yet, but some brief, overarching history there, plus a map so you know where you are.  :)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 02:46:18 AM »
The Royal Confederacy would be interested.

(click to show/hide)

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 02:51:03 AM »
The Royal Confederacy would be interested.

Jump on in! The more the merrier and/or messier! :D

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 10:02:56 PM »
Ok all, I've continued the story, but if we have late arrivals that's cool. 

Again, throwing stuff against the wall, seeing what sticks, so don't hesitate with feedback.

The proposal that is going to be made is based on microchip technology.  We're ahead in the research on that subject, and we will offer to share the technology in exchange for a free trade agreement with each nation.  After Silvercrone announces the proposal, each delegation will be given a private meeting to address their concerns, yell at us, etc.

Let me know if there's anything uncool there.   :)

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 03:25:39 AM »
What were you guys up to prior to 1966?  When does the history of your nation start?  Govt Type?

Just trying to get a feel on how our relations would have been like prior to the civil war.
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 10:42:45 AM »
Nation began in 1799, after we broke away from the Telembrians.  We started in the north and worked our way south into Libia.   Unfortunately, not all of that land was uninhabited, and when we displaced tribes, we were not always .. honorable.   Think early USA.  However, ours wasn't Manifest Destiny so much as a calculated "us minus them = us." 

The most recent brutal displacement was around 1950 - a story for another time.  However, internally, we started to split into 3 factions - 1) keep expanding, screw human rights 2) stop expanding altogether and 3) expand but integrate.  By 1964-ish; three way civil war. The purge of '66 occurred when faction 1 gained control of the government , knowing that foreigners were likely assisting one of the other two factions.  However, faction 1 lost when faction 2 & 3 joined forces, but until now, the international intelligence community isnt exactly sure who won.  The civil war leaders are either dead, in prison or off the grid.

Up until the civil war, we were a fairly straightforward republic. Obviously expansionist, isolationist and while we had international relations, we weren't good at it and/or didn't care. Now, we still call ourselves a republic, but our citizens have probably given up a few too many freedoms for security. So far, the negative effects of this exchange have not been great.  I expect that will change as we move from the 80s to the 00s.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:51:29 AM by bigbaldben »

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 12:39:01 PM »
That certainly does help :) One note of critique on the portrayal of the Mundaskawanen, coming from a hot island nation black hockey masks would not be a thing they would wear. Masks in Khemish society are either for religious ceremony or theatrical performance, not used in any other field (discounting personal protective equipment such as a welders mask or respirators). I will be responding again today.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »
That certainly does help :) One note of critique on the portrayal of the Mundaskawanen, coming from a hot island nation black hockey masks would not be a thing they would wear. Masks in Khemish society are either for religious ceremony or theatrical performance, not used in any other field (discounting personal protective equipment such as a welders mask or respirators). I will be responding again today.

Ok, cool.  I was going off the picture for this time frame in the Wiki.  I'll change it hopefully later today.