Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The arteries of Taijitu run not with blood, but with kittens!

Author Topic: [Micro RP] Artistic Endeavors (A university RP)  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
[Micro RP] Artistic Endeavors (A university RP)
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:45:47 AM »

Mausoka School of Fine Arts, Architechture and Design

Returning from summer vacation had seemed like a waste of time to Ghen'aal, feeling he accomplished more artistically immersed in his home town of Bara'kal. Every year he stepped back onto the clumsy concrete industrial walkways of Ta'kall he felt its uniform hasty construction oppress his soul like so much grey cubicle space. Ghen'aal was however excited as he entered the new senior dormitory center. Clutching his sunset colored robes nervously he approached the reception area to learn which tower he would reside in for his final year in the landlocked city. Going down the hall he mused at how long it would take himself to be inspired for his senior project, he approached the door casting aside an idle contest in his mind between fighting a Ghak'ell and intentionally seeking a flawed love as sources of inspiration. Upon entering the common area he was overjoyed to see not the typical minimalist modern Khemish furniture but a mish mash of foreign made pieces and a few faces to go with them. Gathering addled senses Ghen'aal waves an ink stained hand, and in a surprisingly deep tone says, "Hello, I am Ghen'aal. You guys want to drink? I see you already brought your stuff, mine's still en route." He then calmly sits on an overly plush chair, pulls a large bottle of mango wine out of his small duffel bag and lights a sweet scented cigarillo.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
Re: [Micro RP] Artistic Endeavors (A university RP)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:56:20 PM »
Tobias looked up from his text book, a bit wide-eyed, his heart in his throat. He was still taking all of this in. He smiled though, nodding.
"A...a drink?" he asked nervously before clearing his throat. "A drink?" he asked again. "Sure!"
He eyed the wine bottle. It was entirely unlike anything he'd ever seen as far as far as alcohol went.
"Is it...any good?"

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 06:50:40 AM »
Ghen'all had a mischievous glint in his azure eyes as he lazily tossed the bottle to Tobias. The amber colored glass contained a viscous orange liquid, the label was a deep tint of indigo with golden writing. In an elegant 18th century Khemish script it read (see spoiler). Ghen'all then said, "Sweeter than love and you keep your possessions more often." He smiled wryly wondering when his few remaining things would arrive. "Do you possess a name or are you one of those artists who uses a symbol, odd noise or interpretive dance for identification?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:33:08 AM »
He leaned back in his chair, catching the bottle chuckling nervously as he examined the label. He could read Khemish but the elegant script threw him for a moment. He looked up, his own blue eyes wide open as he pried his gaze away from the dancing amber bottle.

"Tobias" he answered, smiling.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 07:04:39 PM »
She finished penning the last words of her essay when she looked up and saw two young men pouring drinks. Anya Indiotrovth had blonde hair that she cut short, and her maroon eyes could cut through a room. She put her books in her bag and stood up. She walked over to the boys. Anya sat in the empty chair next to the boys. "Perhaps I may indulge a glass as well." Her Khemish was very fluent, as her father had served some years in the office of Ambassador of the Golden Republic to the Holy Isles. She smiled as the Prydanian poured her a glass and handed it to her. Anya warmly smiled at him.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:07:29 PM by Keras »
Article II: The Legislative

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

"YES WE CAN!" Barack Obama 2007

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 10:00:14 PM »
Sweta looked over at the three people drinking.  New to the school, he walked over and asked whether alcohol was allowed in the school.  Sweta was a foreign student from the TDP studying for a few months about Khemish culture and art, specifically music and film.

With a prompt "no, not at all" from one of the three, the girl, he asked in good Khemish how everyone was.
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 03:57:37 AM »
Fixing Sweta with a lusty glare and a small smile Ghen'all replied, "I'd be better if I had some inspiration for the year. Were it the waves of Cefnore licking my toes or the smile of a pretty girl, either way I'd create such works..." He then glances down at his glass giving a sigh. Lifting his glass he looked to the sky and with an air of mocking exclaimed, "Al'Nisu"

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 05:13:26 AM »
Tobias smiled at the maroon-eyed girl. He'd heard of eyes that colour before, but they were incredibly rare in Prydania. He almost lost himself in them as he gripped the glass holding the amber liquid, only coming back to the here and now by Ghen'all's "Al'Nisu!"
He lifted his cup up, responding with a "skol!" which undoubtedly sounded mightier in his head. He brought the cup to his lips, thinking he knew what to expect. He'd had a few drinks before, back home. Honey beer mostly, though there was that one time with the Middy...still, he knew what to expect and prepared to steel himself so he wouldn't look too much like a wuss.

Instead the drink rushed down his throat, the sting of the alcohol there but...different. It danced with the mango flavour, neither providing that kick to the face Prydanian spirits tended to give to inexperienced drinkers. He couldn't help but take another, longer sip.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »
Anya saw the Prydanian take back the gentu juice. She lifted her glass to the toast and then took back her own drink. She didn't swallow it at first, letting the flavor sit on her tongue before she finally swallowed. Sweta had asked how they were doing. "I am good. My name is Anya Indiotrovth. I am from the Golden Republic of Keras. I am studying art and history."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:11:14 PM by Keras »

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 04:42:15 PM »
Sweta responded, "Man, you guys are talking weird.  What is this, Sunwaters?"

After a brief chuckle from the crowd - a nod to the sterotypical pretentiousness of people from that capital - Sweta introduced himself: "Anyways, my name is Sweta.  I'm from the TDP studying here for a film major, specializing in film music.  Nice to meet you all!"
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 08:36:57 PM »
Aerem had purple eyes but was the dullest thing to walk into Mausoka, wearing a faded, gray button up and aged blue jeans and short, black matte hair already oily from a day of sweat in the sun-soaked country of Al'Khem. When walking the perfectly geometric, aesthetic streets and walkways of Mausoka she couldn't tell what caused vertigo more, the tall buildings, the colorful landscape, or last night's Ozian Mojito.

She walked across the bright colored hallways of her apartment and carrying felt bags full of groceries to find her luxury shoe-box for her academic career. It was well furnished, all rented of course, the fridge even sang to her when it was open for too long. She still swore at it every time, "Shut up you piece of excess shit! Why can't you be made out of lead." She slammed the fridge closed after putting all the groceries away and the song stopped. But now her phone sang in Khemish, Ding-a-ling doo dooo di doo, you have a message!

The absurdly bright colorful thing was the cheapest phone she could find in the store, and it was smart. The notification displayed the message "There's an Inspirational Al'Nisu happening in your common room area! Come share a drink with your neighbors and fellow students!"

Eugh, how do I get off these stupid newsletters. She closed the phone the best she could by setting it upside down and letting it lock out from inactivity on its own. She went back to the kitchen and washed some rice in a bowl and let it soak. While scrubbing she thought, You know, it is free alcohol, wait no, it's probably that cock shit. I should probably make at least one friend while I'm here, preferably a guy who I can visit after class and say whoa bitch what're making tonight, damn it looks good and he's too polite to kick me out and serves me half anyway. Yeah let's find ourselves a polite tool. She washed her hands then reached into her singing fridge for the green bottle and walked out of her apartment. She left so quickly that the door was still open and singing to itself Didalee dee doo doo di da doooo - Please close the door to conserve energy - didalee dee doo doo di da dooo

She walked into the common room faking a heavy Ozian accent, "Hello! Hov'are you! I am vine, Zhank You!" She patted Ghen'all and Tobias relatively hard on the backs and revealed her People's green bottle contribution to the party. She returned to her normal voice. "Al'Nisu, don't worry I don't have a cold, just being chill1. I'm Aerem, and this is my lovely contribution to this shindig, straight from the Divine People's Republic hand made in factory of workers with great pensions. Who wants a glass? I didn't bring chasers, sorry, so you'll have to chase it with the fruit wine here. Al'Nisu!2"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Of The US

• Citizen-Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 07:47:23 AM »
The Seinfeld bass line plays loudly enough to kill everyone.
To hold the universe, one must unclench their fist.

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 08:31:57 AM »
Tobias held the glass in his hands, trying to fight the lump he felt in his throat. He had just about gathered the courage to ask Anya more about herself when the Ozian arrived. He tried to get a word in as she announced her presence, only to be cowed back into his chair by her overt forwardness. Then she pulled out the green bottle. One even he knew by site.

"Ozian gin!" he exclaimed. The stuff was prevalent in Prydania. "They...I mean, it's pretty strong. Like a kick to the face" he said with a smile.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 02:41:58 AM »
Anya couldn't help but be attracted to Tobias. He had a certain something to him that interested Anya. She reminded herself that he wasn't going to leave the common room without either her number or herself. When the Ozian came over and brought out a bottle, Anya couldn't believe her eyes. She hadn't seen Ozian gin for years now. "By Gaea. Pour me a glass." She took it back in one swig.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 03:47:14 AM »
Ghan'ell had been busying himself grabbing glasses for everyone now came over to the group and placed a shot glass and drinking cup beside each student. Then as he sat down next to Aerem he brashly stated in a poor Ozian accent, "Iz chill, mozzzt cheeel." He laughed at himself before continuing, "Too bad we don't have any mint on hand or this would be the makings of a fine beverage. Figure out your senior project yet Aer'?"