Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The counter-revolution will soon be as dead as the Q Society!

Author Topic: would you like hostile mobs disabled?  (Read 3192 times)

Offline kjack1111

would you like hostile mobs disabled?
« on: May 11, 2015, 09:27:22 PM »
same as title.

P.S: it appears that i cannot connect to taijitu as i keep timing out. would someone kindly restart the server? dont change the map, just restart it

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
Re: would you like hostile mobs disabled?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 03:51:21 PM »
Which choice is no?

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 04:43:32 PM »
With no hostile mods we might as well just play creative mode.

What fun is mining/exploring dungeons without some element of danger? It's already too easy to do and boring, so why make it more so?

The structures you'll make as a result will have no meaning. We look at the city we currently have and our houses, we think, god I spent ages mining a pit to make that. Or maybe you did die trying to make the structure. I think about the many trees I murdered in the middle of the night, and how many ghast dodges I did to transport the wood over to the village.

Sure it can get annoying, gathering supplies then building them. But the end result is you look at your creation and think you've earned it. No mobs is just pointless grind.

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 04:51:24 PM »

What fun is mining/exploring dungeons without some element of danger? It's already too easy to do and boring, so why make it more so?

The structures you'll make as a result will have no meaning. We look at the city we currently have and our houses, we think, god I spent ages mining a pit to make that. Or maybe you did die trying to make the structure. I think about the many trees I murdered in the middle of the night, and how many ghast dodges I did to transport the wood over to the village.

Sure it can get annoying, gathering supplies then building them. But the end result is you look at your creation and think you've earned it. No mobs is just pointless grind.

You, sir, are my Minecraft hero!    :clap:

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »

Agreed. Survival4lyfe
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 08:19:40 PM »
Which choice is no?
I can't even tell.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 01:58:36 AM »
What Myroria and Oz said, I think the added challenge makes it more satisfying when you build up your settlement against the odds.