Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Devote pure conscience to forum maintenance like the martyr Limitless Events!

Author Topic: New Settlement  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
New Settlement
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:52:12 AM »
Me, Myroria and Elu, having realized that half of Squid Lake is a terrible frozen wasteland and concerned by the lax land use laws, have decided to establish a new and even more snobbish and conceited settlement, as of yet unnamed, around the bay west south west of Nyan Cat, and are thus laying a claim to and establishing a jurisdiction for the bay and the surrounding land. We welcome all to join us and establish a residence or business or such, we just ask you follow a few simple zoning guidelines to maintain natural beauty and theme of the place:

• No too sprawling or high buildings.
  • Minimize altering the terrain and elevation with planning and appropriate construction techniques. Build first and alter the terrain as necessary, not the other way around. When it is necessary, do so in a manner which minimizes the disruption of the landscape.
  • No visible mines or quarries. If you chop down a tree not on your property for lumber, please replant it.

Exceptions may be made if there's a good reason for it (I suspect we'll be very flexible about them) and it's entirely possible these rules will be changed. And since we've given fair warning, we feel it'll be just for us to enforce them in they very unlikely event it's necessary. But enough rambling, you get the point. Short version, we're staking out a new township sort of thing with a certain theme in mind and we thought we should give you all a heads up. Once I've finished the Squid Lake and Nyan Cat stops I may extend the Red Line to there. As a final note, name suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:57:44 PM by Gulliver »

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: New Settlement
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »
Highcliff bay?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: New Settlement
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 12:33:16 AM »
I just sheared my first pink sheep ever in the bay. This is a good omen. Maybe we should name it after this pink sheep. But in French so it sounds pretentious instead of stupid. Unfortunately I don't know French.