Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us become steel shields that defend the ideals of the Glorious Revolution and Taijituan democracy!

Author Topic: Mods  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Mods
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:10:21 PM »
I am now taking suggestions for mods to put on the server. I don't want to install a ton so keep the mod subject/point broad and easily accessible. We'll hold a vote, eventually.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: Mods
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 03:55:07 PM »
I don't know if it's compatible before, but I remember MAtmost being nice. Treecapacitor might be nice for the lazy among us as well.

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »
I'd love to try these:

Furniture Mod
Decocraft

*sigh*

I'm so domestic.  :-\

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »
I think I would like some more decoration mods too. I love building houses but the choices for furniture are so sparse in vanilla Minecraft.

The atmosphere and tree mods seem fun too.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
So I was effing around with the new mod stuff and I used the /tree command, which puts a tree wherever you're looking.  I also got a note that it was now bound to my hand or something.  And it was.  I couldn't right click anywhere without planting a tree.  Also, I couldn't open doors.  Doh.

I had looked through the /help pages and didn't find anything, so I figured I would try the /clear command to get back my normal hand.  What's the worst that could happen, right?  Unfortunately, /clear is an acceptable short command of the /clearinventory command.

:o

I googled and there is no way to reverse it.  Whoops.  I had a lot of material, but it could have been worse.  I lost a couple of tools, including sword and bow, and I added them back using the /item and /enchant tools, so it's only a minor setback.

I thought I should share this as fair warning - probably best to not enter random commands.    ;D

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »
I'd like to share another mod with you I'm interested in, and that you guys may be interested in yourselves.

Warp Portals is a mod that would allow direct teleporting to other places without having to traipse through the Nether - just enter and show up somewhere else. Would anyone be interested in me installing this?

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 05:10:36 PM »
I'd like to share another mod with you I'm interested in, and that you guys may be interested in yourselves.

Warp Portals is a mod that would allow direct teleporting to other places without having to traipse through the Nether - just enter and show up somewhere else. Would anyone be interested in me installing this?

Seems like a good thing.  Hrm, I could see lots of possibilities with this.... put me down as a vote for.

Offline The Empire

• Glory to the dark gods!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 07:38:43 PM »
I'm for the Warp portals!

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 12:40:49 AM »
So I just installed the mod. Here's a little rundown on how it works. I think it's only available to ops, but I'll look into changing it.

Choose the destination you want your portal to end up at, and run the command /wpdc [Name]. Your name cannot contain spaces.

Go to the location you want your portal to be, and make a frame of any shape, and fill it in with gold blocks. Equip an item, not a block, and run the command /wppc [Name you chose for destination], [name for portal], [block portal will be made of]. I tried using end portal and nether portal for the portal blocks, but neither worked so I settled on falling water.

Running the command above will bind it to the item you're holding. Rightclick the gold blocks and it will turn into a portal to the destination you chose earlier. You can do the same thing to make a portal back to wherever you started from.

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 05:33:54 PM »
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mcmmo/

I've put this on my own server.  You level up skills (mining, fishing, swordfighting, etc.) and get some neat perks at certain levels.  You can also form parties if you're in to that sort of thing, and share XP.   Love it on Taijitu if anyone is interested.  :)