Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Play forum games in an offensive way, like those of the anti-junta resistance!

Author Topic: Minecraft Again  (Read 8259 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Minecraft Again
« on: April 29, 2015, 12:12:05 PM »
Would anyone be interested in starting up a Minecraft server again? Part of me would love to make my own centipede factory.

There are some problems, though:

I don't know about anyone else but I haven't played minecraft in like three years and I don't get all this new crap they added. Also it seems like everyone that plays it now are all 8 years old.

Is minecraft more expensive now for new players? I bought it years ago but I don't know how much it is for beginners.

Related to the above, is it possible to run a server on an older version of minecraft without all this extra crap we don't need?
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
Re: Minecraft Again
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:02:50 PM »
NNNooooo.....fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu...another 1:30 mins of my life I will never get back....    >:(
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:10:49 PM »
Honestly, I'm on the fence.  I would both love to finally have a reason to play Minecraft again, but we must be honest; it's dying as we speak.  Overall, it's worth a shot.
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 02:10:56 PM »
Is it really dying? I don't know much about it; I haven't played it in a few years.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Wast

• Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 06:11:40 PM »
I'm with Myroria in that I am old and afraid of change. I would be tempted to play an old version of Minecraft.

And Myroria, you know you don't need Minecraft to make a cent-i-pede factory...

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »
:DDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
According to This helpful, red-arrowed tutorial, playing on old versions is indeed possible, and you can still play online so long as everyone uses the same version. I'll try this firsthand with my Minecraft install tonight and get back to you guys!

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 10:50:35 PM »
Would it be possible to do a Tekkit server with aforementioned centipedes and factories?

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 11:22:49 PM »
I'm not sure if we could do it simultaneously with an outdated server. We could hold a vote on what people would want more, unmodified old or newly updated.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 03:26:41 AM »
So I was able to get Minecraft running using the Beta 1.7.3 version, which is what we were using in July 2011. A server from this website that could hold 20 people would cost $7.49 per month. I'd be willing to get one if there's enough interest in this.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 08:37:35 AM »
Truthfully, looking at the updated block list it looks like a lot of new ones that would be very useful aesthetically have been added. I would not be against having an up to date version. The core gameplay far as I know is largely unchanged.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »
The core gameplay between 1.7.3b and the current version is massively different. The beta version was much more sandbox, and the up to date version, at least to me, seems really adventure based.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »
Should we hold a vote?

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 01:35:04 PM »
The core gameplay between 1.7.3b and the current version is massively different. The beta version was much more sandbox, and the up to date version, at least to me, seems really adventure based.
What if we made the server Creative Mode?  That would be cool!
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »
What if we made the server Creative Mode?  That would be cool!

Nooooooo!!!! You gotta EARN those fancy blocks!!! ;-D