Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us make the whole region resound with the song of We Are The Happiest People in NationStates.

Author Topic: Amend the Citizen-Liaison Act  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Amend the Citizen-Liaison Act
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »
This is a vote for the amendments proposed to the Citizen-Liaison Act. This vote will last for 5 days. Original discussion HERE. Below we have the two proposed amendments.

Quote from: Khems Proposed Amended Version Of The Citizen-Liaison Act
1. Qualifications and Election
1. Any citizen of Taijitu may stand for election to the office of Citizen-Liaison.
2. An election for Citizen-Citizen-Liaison will be held when three months have passed since the last election, the Ecclesia chooses to hold an election by a majority vote, or the office of Citizen-Liaison is vacant.
3. No person may serve as Citizen-Liaison for more than two consecutive terms.
4. The Ecclesia may remove the Citizen-Liaison by a majority vote.

2. Powers and Responsibilities
[st]1. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for managing Taijitu's community and community activity.[/st]
1. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for updating and maintaining the community guides.
[in]2. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for [st]establishing and [/st]running cultural events in the interest of community building.[/in]
3. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for welcoming new members to the forum [in]and[/in] answering their questions [st]and aid in their incorporation into the community[/st].

3. Citizen-Guides
1. The Citizen-Liaison may appoint any number of citizen-guides to assist them in their [st]powers,[/st]responsibilities, [in]aid in community events[/in] and all associated activities.
2. The Citizen-Liaison may dismiss citizen-guides at any time.
3. The Ecclesia may remove any citizen-guide by a majority vote.

Quote from: Delfos' Proposed Amended Version Of The Citizen-Liaison Act
1. Qualifications[st] and Election[/st]
1. Any citizen of Taijitu may [st]stand for election to the office of[/st] [in]be appointed as[/in] Citizen-Liaison.
2. [st]An election for[/st][in]Ecclesia may appoint a[/in] Citizen-Liaison [st]will be held when three months have passed since the last election, the Ecclesia chooses to hold an election[/st] by a majority vote[st], or the office of Citizen-Liaison is vacant[/st].
3. [st]No person may serve as Citizen-Liaison for more than two consecutive terms[/st][in]There can be any number of Citizen-Liaisons as Ecclesia sees fit as well as none.[/in].
4. The Ecclesia may remove [st]the[/st][in]any[/in] Citizen-Liaison by a majority vote.

2. Powers and Responsibilities
[st]1. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for managing Taijitu's community and community activity.[/st]
1. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for updating and maintaining the community guides.
[in]2. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for [st]establishing and [/st]running cultural events in the interest of community building.[/in]
3. The Citizen-Liaison will be responsible for welcoming new members to the forum [in]and[/in] answering their questions [st]and aid in their incorporation into the community[/st].

[st]3. Citizen-Guides
1. The Citizen-Liaison may appoint any number of citizen-guides to assist them in their powers,responsibilities and all associated activities.
2. The Citizen-Liaison may dismiss citizen-guides at any time.
3. The Ecclesia may remove any citizen-guide by a majority vote.[/st]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:37:12 PM by Khem »

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
Re: Amend the Citizen-Liaison Act
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 03:39:56 AM »
Is this to determine which amendment will be put to a vote to be adopted, or to vote for one or the other?

In addition, do we have a definition for the {proposed cultural events law} in Delfos' version?

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 04:19:10 AM »
Is this to determine which amendment will be put to a vote to be adopted, or to vote for one or the other?
I think we're ready to vote between at least two options, ad hoc or slight reform.

In addition, do we have a definition for the {proposed cultural events law} in Delfos' version?
Not a clear one.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:22:08 AM by Khem »

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
I thought I had deleted that. I didn't intend that to be on the bill, my point was to delete the Citizen guide and change the election part to have more Liaisons, I even thought the 2 options weren't mine vs Khem's as I thought Khem had seen the light to have more participative democracy and accepted my proposal, but ok w/e.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:23:22 AM by Delfos »

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »
Removed the line. I had placed our names with them as they were our proposals. I'm more in favor of slight reform with the aspects of sections 2.1 and 2.3, section 2.2 I'd like to see given to an adhoc position.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 01:36:17 PM »
The bill supporting light reform has found the highest support. With the margin of support clearly in favor, the motion to Amend the Citizen-Liaison Act has passed.