Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The more kittens we post, the faster our region prospers; the less kittens we post, the slower our region prospers.

Author Topic: [Vote] Ecclesia Improvement Act  (Read 8609 times)

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
[Vote] Ecclesia Improvement Act
« on: December 01, 2015, 03:24:53 AM »
Because I have no idea what the "vote" AS started is supposed to do. Here is the actual proposal.
It is recognized by the Ecclesia of the Citizen’s Democracy of Taijitu that the Glorious Revolution, while noble in its egalitarian aspirations, has turned into something akin to being stuck between an avalanche of feces and a Justin Bieber album.  The Ecclesia recognizes that…
  •    It has resulted in a political culture of complacency and assumed victory, where there is no drive to introduce legislation.
  •    What legislation is passed is felt to cater to a select group of citizens, and were the majority of the citizenry feel unrepresented despite the egalitarian democracy.
  •    That its inability to provide for reasonably robust centralized leadership has led to a lack of direction for the region as a whole.

May it be enacted that…
  •    The Glorious Revolution is officially declared over, and tossed into the dustbin of history.
  •    The mandate of legislative supremacy is declared over with the Citizens’ Ecclesia recognizing the need for a balanced, structured government.
  •    Abolishes the Revolutionary Calendar as the Ecclesia recognizes that the Earth, in its infinite arrogance, has refused to conform to the metric system.
  •    All legislation since the establishment of the Glorious Revolution is hereby repealed, save for those that commit Taijitu to collaboration with our fellow allies in NationStates.
  •    The Ecclesia voluntarily relinquishes all supremacy over the political affairs of Taijitu.
  •    The Ecclesia hereby calls for a Constitutional Convention to establish a new government on the basis of representative democracy, structured government, and the principle of governmental checks and balances.
  •    The Ecclesia votes to suspend itself indefinitely.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: [Vote] Ecclesia Improvement Act
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 03:31:43 AM »
Are we really going to pass a piece of legislation calling the work of some members of this region an "avalanche of feces"? We've all got our disagreements and are pretty laid back, but actually going so far as to legislate a cheap insult like that into law seems a bit much, even for us.

Offline Of The US

• Citizen-Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 03:51:59 AM »
Are we really going to pass a piece of legislation calling the work of some members of this region an "avalanche of feces"? We've all got our disagreements and are pretty laid back, but actually going so far as to legislate a cheap insult like that into law seems a bit much, even for us.

You're missing the part where it says Justin Bieber album as well, I feel that might actually be worse and uncalled for.
To hold the universe, one must unclench their fist.

Offline The Church of Satan

• Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 04:46:43 AM »
Never mind that I am adamantly against scrapping our current system. This is by far the most disrespectful piece of legislation I have EVER seen! Not only does it undermine the work done by those who worked so hard to create and maintain our current system, which has worked so well, but it outright insults those very people if not the region itself. I cannot in good faith vote in favor of this bill. I might have to seriously reconsider my interest in Taijitu if a horrid bill like this actually passes.

Potential clients should PM/Query/Telegram

Offline Of The US

• Citizen-Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 04:55:04 AM »
Never mind that I am adamantly against scrapping our current system. This is by far the most disrespectful piece of legislation I have EVER seen! Not only does it undermine the work done by those who worked so hard to create and maintain our current system, which has worked so well, but it outright insults those very people if not the region itself. I cannot in good faith vote in favor of this bill. I might have to seriously reconsider my interest in Taijitu if a horrid bill like this actually passes.

You really should stop and think about how well its worked, it hasn't. You should know Taijitu does not take itself seriously(or shouldn't) and its a joke, almost everyone else seems to get that.
To hold the universe, one must unclench their fist.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 05:05:24 AM »

I'm sorry the hyperbolic joke didn't play well with your feels  :hug: It was stated as between Bieber and  an avalanche of feces because we felt like calling bad in an outright and humorous manner.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 11:39:23 AM »
I rather think it fits quite well with taijitu's achievements. Finally a piece of legislation that isn't clusterfrickened with legaleeze.

Offline The Church of Satan

• Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 01:17:24 AM »
This bill won't actually accomplish anything though. What's happened is that Taijitu, like 2 other regions off the top of my head, have reached a point where there's nothing left to legislate. We've passed as much legislation as can be useful. This was inevitable. Restarting (which is what this bill essentially does) under a different form of government will only allow us to repeat what we've already done. Why restart the problem so we can run into it again? Now I don't think there's an actual solution for this legislative "wall" we've hit, but tearing it all down and building it back up will not solve anything.

Potential clients should PM/Query/Telegram

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 02:04:53 AM »
Where is Allama in all this?

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 02:07:32 AM »
Being saner than any of us by staying far away.

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 02:11:31 AM »
To the guillotine then!
:guillotine:

Offline Guy

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 02:59:24 AM »
I thought we agreed on not demolishing what we have without coming up with something new.

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 03:06:59 AM »
Apparently not, unless the writers of the proposal wish to revise it.

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 03:34:06 AM »
Apparently not, unless the writers of the proposal wish to revise it.

Bit too late for that, isnt it?
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 03:35:32 AM »
Actually, since this proposal would amend the constitution, it'll require two separate votes.