Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The more kittens we post, the faster our region prospers; the less kittens we post, the slower our region prospers.

Author Topic: The Coalition of Carth (aka, the Northern Powers)  (Read 6153 times)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
The Coalition of Carth (aka, the Northern Powers)
« on: May 28, 2010, 02:12:24 AM »
The [wiki]Coalition of Carth[/wiki] was a treaty signed in Carth, Minos, Eluvatar establishing an alliance of mutual defence between the Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar, the Empire of Inglo-Scotia, and the Empire of All the Houses of Myroria. It enters into war with [wiki]L'Entente Cordiale[/wiki] in early November, 1898.

Members:

• [wiki]Eluvatar[/wiki]
  • [wiki]Inglo-Scotia[/wiki]
  • [wiki]Myroria[/wiki]
  • [wiki]St Oz[/wiki]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:21:13 AM by Eluvatar »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: The Coalition of Carth (aka, the Northern Powers)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:08:26 AM »
After the War, the Coalition continues to exist, but is still a fairly loose organization.

Relations become strained between Eluvatar and Inglo-Scotia after the Social Commonwealth government comes to power.

19 February, 1977
Bolegni Palace, Carth, Minos Island, Eluvatar
LXXXVIIIth Annual Meeting of the Coalition Council

The sun shone brightly through the eastern windows of the grand meeting hall, brilliantly illuminating the gilt and crimson velvet chairs, the massive darkly stained oaken table, and the bald head of Aelar Elendili, Servant of the Steward of State.

But thirteen days before, the news had broken of the sentencing of a third of the Inglo-Scotian opposition's representatives to long prison sentences. Syndicalist ones at that. Aelar was not a Lafurwaethdinund man himself, but his party would hurt from their coalition partner's irritation. It would be necessary to tread a fine line indeed, today.

"Honored Guests," he began, "I welcome you to the eighty eighth annual Council of the Coalition. We are in session."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 05:16:50 AM »
The Myrorian diplomat brushed a speck of dandruff off the shoulder of his tailcoat. His name was Tevyn Prilrovth, and he was not a Indiotrovth noble - his grandfather was and the post was passed down to Tevyn's father, and then to the short, petty man sitting at the table presently. His colleague, sitting in the chair next to Tevyn, was named Nelmil Saleiroth, and he could look good in anything. Presently, however, Nelmil was dressed like Tevyn, in a tailcoat and vest. Tevyn spoke up.

"I have been instructed by Her Majesty's Foreign Minister to relay a message from the Empeuress of Myroria to the assembled." You could almost hear the groan from among the audience, knowing they'd soon be asked to leave. "This message is highly sensitive, so I must motion for a closed session." The motion passed unanimously, and the audience shuffled out, disappointed. Tevyn waited until the slam of the last door to continue.

"Her Majesty has instructed me to relay this message to the Inglo-Scotian councillor:" Tevyn locked eyes with him across the table.

"'Our Government has been watching the situation on the border between Canada and the self-styled Cooperative Commonwealth and it is of Our opinion that Myroria shall not intervene in any sort of crisis that results from the escalation. We shall remain decidedly neutral, and - '" Tevyn trailed off. "'And we respectfully request that the Inglo-Scotian government cease any bargaining it does with the Myrorian Armed Forces directly immediately. From the office of Her Majesty, Fredrika I Tar-Ilium, Imp. Fr.'"
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »
September 12, 2012
Bolegni Palace, Carth, Minos Island, Eluvatar
Emergency Meeting of the Coalition Council

The grand meeting hall was dimly illuminated with flourescent lights brought in for the purpose. The patter of torrential rain against the windows filled the chamber as though crowds were grimly whispering. The several counsellors sat in shadow in their blood red chairs.

Emerging from darkness, a great lupine creature leaned forward in its chair, and spoke, "I'll dispense with the pleasantries for time is of the essence." The creature's face looked grim, it's ears down, as it continued, "Developments in the far south and especially on the Libian coast are extremely disturbing. The Royal Confederacy is most concerned with this threat to world peace, and to our interests." It turned, bringing its well-tailored blue tuxedo and the discreet nametag on it into the light. The wolfish being which was thus revealed to be Counsellor Samar Ozandyra addressed the man shadowed in another chair, "Serjo Verelith, does your government share our concern?"

Samar's words were clear and carefully uttered, though the trained ear could make out that there was something off with his pronunciation of "pleasantries," "developments," "Libian," and the like.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:22:35 PM by Eluvatar »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »
"Undoubtedly", came a reply from a strangely high-pitched mouth. Mandryn leaned forward in his chair. "The, uh... situation in those particular parts of the third corner is of great interest to His Majesty's government in particular - our interests in the region could be, uh... extremely threatened if we were suddenly unable to trade because of some sort of 'grand union'."

It was clear that by "interests", Mandryn, a Hanso man, was referring to the precursors to atorvastatins that regularly rolled their way into Hanso factories from Parvusia.

"If, indeed, such a union is inevitable, it must be...manipulated in such a way to allow the Community to secure its own interests in the region indefinitely and ensure that they aren't threatened again."
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:09:46 PM »
Gamze Simgeva Vurakgazi sat silent in her chair for awhile to gather everyone's opinions on the situation. She was perhaps the only one not in a suit, but in traditional robes. She activated her microphone, speaking in natural English, "This situation is reprehensible, and those 'Monarchs' are war criminals that should be tried for crimes against humanity. I'm surprised my government is willing to forgive them at all for the atrocities they've caused, especially to a nation that was already in tatters from constant civil war.  I hear they think this continent is 'the new world', and all they have showed us here is they want to 'civilize' it with blood and steel. If we do not stop them now, we'll have more broken commerce and more blood to be paid."

"The Sankta has already made her stance on this situation. If you haven't heard already we have already blocked all shipping of their products and their ships through the strait and in any Ozian lands. I would like to ask the rest of you to do the same so that we may have a stronger impact on their commerce. Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated."

"She also made a more secretive arrangement, and I was authorized to come in the open with your governments with this. She has repealed our anti-piracy laws, and our hunt on our own privateer problem will have to be put on hold now. Apparently they think the secretive nature of these private military navies was an asset to be used to break the blockade on the Diamond Coast. What are your opinions of this?"

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 01:34:09 AM »
Samar nodded his shaggy head, "Pursuing sanctions by the Community of Cefnor would probably be wise. And while privateers seem to be a dangerous means to pursue, let us hope the effect is salutory."

"It seems to me that the Federal Republic of Cozulul could be a strategically useful ally. We should take steps to ensure they aren't... removed from the playing field by the other powers of Parvusia."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:08:44 PM by Eluvatar »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 04:17:34 PM »
"I agree, but what concerns me right now is the talk of sanctions. What kind of... sanctions did this council have in mind? Willingly restricting, say, trade could hurt us just as much in the long run."

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »
Gamze spoke, "The Divine Republic has already revoked their strait passage license, hindering trade with not just us but everywhere past the strait. I believe this will hurt their economies more than it would ours. They seem to believe that they can rebuild a mercantilist system of trade. Their government is already stepped back 300 years but now so is their trade policies. The Privateers will also try to lure in any smuggling rings to expose them."   

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »
"So long as sanctions are automatically ended if they end their inhumane expansionism in Libia, then my government has no complaints. I strongly suggest we pursue some kind of military liason between Coalition command and Cozulul, and publicly guarantee their sovereignty; unless of course the Novics would throw a fit."

(click to show/hide)

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »
"I think we should be more focused on breaking the blockade on the Diamond Coast, but I believe St Oz can spare some assets to help secure their sovereignty. I'd also like to request that several coalition forces and air assets be stationed on the Moacian border, should this turn into a war or we have to declare a no fly zone over Funkadelia."

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »
"If trade sanctions shall be the will of this council," began Mandryn, "then Myroria shall follow them. We shall also station forces on the Moacian border if it is the opinion of the council that they are necessary."

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 11:20:30 PM »
"It is perhaps more important that naval and air forces be stationed in Priozha," Samar replied, "But Ozia must be fortified as well."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 03:48:10 AM »
"Indeed. If any sort of...incidents were to break out we certainly can't risk leaving Ozia in the cold."