Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let this region resound with the song of the Kitten Paw Happy-time, and be permeated with the smell of catnip and pine!

Author Topic: Interactive Taijitu Guide (Beta)  (Read 28523 times)

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
Interactive Taijitu Guide (Beta)
« on: May 25, 2015, 07:30:25 PM »
[in]Hey, early bird!  You're looking at an early preview of what will soon be a comprehensive, interactive guide to Taijitu.  Make sure to leave your opinions down below!  ;D[/in]

A Comprehensive, Interactive Guide to Taijitu

Welcome to glorious Taijitu, the greatest simulation game on Earth!  If you're brand new to our website, you've come to the right place to help with your most pressing questions!

First of all, click on the spoiler of the following option below that best describes how you wish to play Taijitu.  Are you planning to partake in worldbuilding, regional politics, or the Taijitu Militia?

Yes, I'll be getting a bit serious here.
(click to show/hide)

No, I just want to chat with other Taijituans.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:36:32 PM by AwesomeSaucer »
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
Re: Interactive Taijitu Guide (Alpha)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 03:06:14 PM »
Looking good so far! This is a clean and effective format. Haven't seen anyone else doing it. Very nice!

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »
Good start.  I'd recommend using a word other than communicate.  Also, people may want to interact in ways other than "chatting",, like role play or world building or creative writing, which is why I came herw.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 03:20:04 PM »
Good start.  I'd recommend using a word other than communicate.  Also, people may want to interact in ways other than "chatting",, like role play or world building or creative writing, which is why I came here.
Fixed.  ;)
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 03:37:06 PM »
The green text with brown shadow is hideous, I recommend contrasting colors vs complimentary for such. Sans links it is difficult to judge the full utility of this at the moment though I do like the subdivision via spoiler.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 04:14:15 PM »
The green text with brown shadow is hideous, I recommend contrasting colors vs complimentary for such.
Hopefully this should be better.
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 04:24:47 PM »
That is much better on the eyes.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »
yay spoilers

I can't say much until you fill out the content, but I'd rather you not phrase it as "I will mostly be in GP/RP" - give them different sections, but that phrasing emphasizes a divide that I'd rather not see

also, IRC /channel/ and mention espernet too for people who aren't using the webclient

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 10:19:44 PM »
yay spoilers
:3   ;)   :D

I can't say much until you fill out the content, but I'd rather you not phrase it as "I will mostly be in GP/RP" - give them different sections, but that phrasing emphasizes a divide that I'd rather not see
What do you mean by GP?  Does RP mean regional politics or role-play?

also, IRC /channel/ and mention espernet too for people who aren't using the webclient
I'm not too sure what espernet does, can you explain (newb alert)?
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
Re: Interactive Taijitu Guide (Beta)
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »
Gameplay and Roleplay. While some of GP can also be considered its own form of "RP," generally GP will include politics, the military aspect of the game, interregional affairs, etc. The worldbuilding we have here is a good example of RP.

EsperNet is the IRC network where our #taijitu channel can be found

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 10:53:33 PM »
Gameplay and Roleplay. While some of GP can also be considered its own form of "RP," generally GP will include politics, the military aspect of the game, interregional affairs, etc. The worldbuilding we have here is a good example of RP.
What I mean by gameplay is simply that you will only spend time in NationStates without ever communicating with other Taijituans.  Regional politics is not gameplay.

Yes, I consider worldbuilding RPing.

EsperNet is the IRC network where our #taijitu channel can be found
OK!  I shall put that in!
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 12:51:21 AM »
What I mean by gameplay is simply that you will only spend time in NationStates without ever communicating with other Taijituans.  Regional politics is not gameplay.

If you want to make a guide for new players, I suggest conforming to established terminology. Otherwise this endeavor will be quite the mess.

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 03:22:28 AM »
If you want to make a guide for new players, I suggest conforming to established terminology. Otherwise this endeavor will be quite the mess.
I think that that terminology is unique to Taijitu in that regard.  I would prefer to use terminology that most others from different regions will understand.

Thanks for the comment anyways!  ;)
Are you saying that my definitions of GP and RP are somehow Taijitu-specific? On that point you are rather blatantly incorrect. Nothing wrong with being new, but if you're going to be new /and/ choose to ignore advice...*shrugs*

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
I think that GP and RP should be differentiated.  I have little interest In NS GP, but much interest in RP.  As someone relatively new to NS as a whole, I can tell you I understood the difference right away - before I even joined Taijitu.  I would not have considered joining a region that didn't differentiate the two.

Is that what you're suggesting Dyr?

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
I think that GP and RP should be differentiated.  I have little interest In NS GP, but much interest in RP.  As someone relatively new to NS as a whole, I can tell you I understood the difference right away - before I even joined Taijitu.  I would not have considered joining a region that didn't differentiate the two.

Is that what you're suggesting Dyr?
It's certainly what I'm suggesting.  I made sure to have two different spoilers for regional politics and worldbuilding.
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.