Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen reminder: Socioendangerment levels run from one to sixteen. Cooperation with mandatory sentencing from the Citoyen-Mediator may result in decreased rehabilitation length.

Author Topic: Commision: TechDom and 'magic'  (Read 2666 times)

Offline techdom

Commision: TechDom and 'magic'
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:52:28 PM »
Since Technological Dominion's recent arrival in the region of Taijitu, we have noticed a marked increase in the number of beings capable of using something known as 'magic.' We are not, at this time, aware of the reason for the sudden increase of magic-users, although it has been speculated that this 'magic' is the result of high levels mutagens in the atmosphere and land of TechDom accelerating evolutionary rates.

However, the primary function of the ongoing study is to determine whether the users of 'magic' represent a threat to the populace at large of TechDom, and, if so, methods of reducing that threat.
All that is known at this time is that 'magic' seems to work by users giving some form of mental energy to perform improbable or impossible tasks, users range from twisted, strange forms that defy description to otherwise normal humans, and that magic users are not mindless - field observations and laboratory studies indicate that they are smart, self-aware, and often consider their abilities a gift. There are even reports of magic users from various species setting up communities seperate from TechDom's major society, suggesting that 'magic' also grant some form of interspecies communication.
Strength from unity. Strength through technology.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Re: Commision: TechDom and 'magic'
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »
Magic is forbidden in general RP. It's more fitting in Fantasy RP.

In addition, evolution takes thousands upon millions of years, and acceleration is impossible, especially in general RP.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline techdom

Re: Commision: TechDom and 'magic'
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:21:19 AM »
Ah, my apologies. First time RPing...

I hadn't actually spotted the fantasy/sci-fi specific RP sections when I posted this. Of course, I saw them as soon as I started this thread, and got that horrible feeling I was in the wrong place...

In any case, this thread is now locked, and I'm off to the fantasy/sci-fi RP sections, where I belong.

Apologies again.
TechDom
Strength from unity. Strength through technology.