Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Devote pure conscience to forum maintenance like the martyr Limitless Events!

Author Topic: Canadian Colonization  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
Canadian Colonization
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:42:13 AM »
The ships slowly left the port city of Nome. Sergeant Tom Richards looked out at the city as the ships sailed west. He was glad that the Civil War was over and that his country still remained one. He straightened his khaki uniform. He also adjusted his brimmed hat. The hat had a wide brim, but one side was buttoned to the top of the hat. Also a large ostrich feather was attached to the same side. Tom felt proud of his new position in the Imperial Legion. But now the Legion was heading out to the desert country west of his own. He noticed many ships. Most carried the Imperial Legion, their equipment and their camels. The others carried the settlers and all the supplies that they might need.

Around the transports was the High Seas Fleet. The loss of the aircraft carrier Valley Forge had struck the Fleet in the heart. But now the carrier was replaced with three newer, smaller Asturias-class carriers. He noticed the carriers' flight deck ramped up like a ski jump. He also noticed a Kirov-class battlecruiser and many destroyers and frigates. Tom went into his quaters and went to sleep. It was going to be a long seven days.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:10:08 AM by canada »
Article II: The Legislative

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

"YES WE CAN!" Barack Obama 2007

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
Re: Canadian Colonization
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 04:32:00 AM »
This heat is terrible. What I would do to be back home in Canada. Tom wiped the sand and sweat from his forhead. The desert sun beat down on him and his squadron. Tom pulled off his goggles to look through his binoculars. Throughout his view he could see the wide ocean and the main base that the Imperial Legion set up along the coast. Then he looked west to the far-reaching desert. Tom turned his camel towards the desert. A young corporal trotted up to him.

"Sergeant, where are we going?"

Tom turned to his subordinate. "We are going into the desert to scout out those small foothills. Then we are to report back to General Salem. He will want to know if there are other people here and if there is anything here valuable enough to make this region part of our colonial empire. Does that answer your question, Corporal Willers?"

Willers saluted and fell back into line. Tom shook his head. Not like back at Anchorage. These pups probably never saw combat in the Civil War. It makes no difference now. The camels rocked on the desert floor like ships at sea. But they were able to stay on top of the sand. Tom smiled and patted his camel's head. Bout time the High Command comes up with something right. Camels are making this colonization alot easier then if we used vechlies or horses. His squardron continued on through the desert. Tom looked back and he could barley see the ocean. But the foothills in front of him were getting bigger.

After about an hour, the squadron was going up the rocky foothills. Tom pointed to a group of small trees. "Lets tie the camels to that. Then six of you come with me and the rest of you set up a defensive perimeter and defend the camels." A private said out loud. "You expecting a fight, Sergent?" He looked at the private. "I hope not." Tom and his group grabbed their SVT-40s, sheathed their sabers at their sides and headed off up the foothills. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:53:45 PM by canada »

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 05:17:51 PM »
Tom moved around a rock. He looked down from the top of the foothills to a camp. He got down low and ushered his men to do the same. He pulled out his binoculars and looked out at the camp. He saw many light tents and people. these people were all covered up with robes. Corporal Willers crawled over to him and whispered. "How many do you see, Sergeant?" Tom kept looking through his binoculars. "I see women, children, and men. About thirty to forty people. Its hard to make things out from this distance." He passed the binoculars to Willers.

Corporal Willers looked through them. "You want to get a closer look, Sergeant. Perhaps we should go down there."

Tom shook his head. "We don't know if they're hostile or not. Going down there will increase that risk. No, lets get back to the camels and tell General Salem. He will know what to do." The group made their way quietly back to the camels and the other waiting men. Tom and his group werealmost to the rest of the squadron when all hell broke loose. Gunshots from the foothills made the soldiers drop. Tom hid behind a big rock and peeked over to see who shot them. A large group of the robed people were running down the hill shooting at the Legionnaires. Tom started to bark orders. "Everyone stay down! Pick your targets and open fire!" The soldiers fired back and some of the robed figures dropped never to get back up again. But they kept coming. Tom saw a robed man take aim at him, but Tom was faster. He fired three clips into the man's body. The fight lasted about ten minutes. The robed men fled back to their camp. Tom got up and checked if anyone was dead. he was glad that none were. "Saddle up! Back to base!"

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 03:42:59 PM »
Tom stood in the General's waiting room. General Salem isn't going to be pleased about this. But that is why the Imperial Legion is here. The general's secretary looked at the Sergeant. "You can go in now." Tom tahnked the woman and walked into the General's office. General Salme was looking at a map of the surrounding region. He saluted. "Sir, we have some bad news."

Without even looking up from the map, the General replied. "If it's about the hostiles, I already know." Tom looked bewildered. "How, sir?"

General Salem finally looked up. "You're not the only patrol to run into these natives. They have attacked seven patrols already. We need to do more now. I asked the High Command for more troops, but they can't spare any. They are fighting a war in America, so a colony on the other side of the ocean comes second. We are on our own. Sergeant Richards, I'm promoting you to Second Lieutenant and ordering you to engage that native camp that you found. Do you understand?" Tom nodded slowly.

"Sir, what about the colonists? Don't we have enough supplies to create a colonial army here to support us?"

The General sat back down. "I don't have that authority. But because in the few months we have been here, nine towns have sprung up on the coast. So the Emperor sees fit to declare this new colony Nerubia and send over someone to rule in the Emperor's name. That is why former Chancellor David Morena has been declared Viceroy of Nerubia. He will be arriving here in two weeks. Lieutenant, we need the coastal natives subdued now. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir."

"Then go do it."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:50:19 PM by canada »

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 03:31:27 AM »
The desert heat was harsh. Too harsh. thought Tom. He was leading his new cavalry group along the river that the colonists now call the Red River. They were riding to a the capital of this new colony, Yellowknife. The colonists had been complaining that the overall troops protecting this area weren't enough. Already, thirteen colonists were killed in the raids by these nomads. The palm trees and the grass grew along the shores of this great river. Tom looked and he could barely see the other side of the river.

Sergeant Richards was riding next to him. "What I wouldn't do for some river monitors right now. They could keep the nomads back all by themselves. Sir?"

Tom nodded. "We are supposed to be getting a fleet of river monitors coming up in about a week. The American war, however is stopping alot of the ammunition coming in."

Richards growled. "If we didn't get ourselves in that war, we might have been stopping those nomads right now."

Tom smiled. "Well, the moment we got that dominion Quebec, we entered the world of international politics. If we keep going like this, the ocean between us and Canada will also ours. The Canadian Navy patrols the ocean right now. But you're right, there are things that we need. River monitors, coastal defense ships and maybe a small air force. I wouldn't mind a few squadrons of Hind helicopters. But till then, the Camel Corps of the Imperial Legion will do the job here."

The platoon cheered and their camels growled. Tom smiled and kicked his camel into a gallop. The whole platoon followed their commander. Tom looked further up the river and saw a plume of smoke climbing higher into the sky. He drew his Raheed carbine and charged towards the town. The sight that the platoon saw was unbearable. The entire town was burning. The nomads were still doing their dirty work. They were taking the men away and shooting them, dragging the women and children away. He signalled to his men. They drew their carbines and kept their sabers closer. He nodded to the bugluler. The charge was sounded and the entire platoon charged down toward the nomads. The nomads heard the bugle and ran to get their weapons. Their bolt-action rifles weren't as effictive as the semi-automatic rifles of the Imperial Legion.

Tom fired off his entire clip and took out seven nomads. He drew his saber and continued on into the nomads. The platoon also drew their sabers and the sun glittered on them like stars. The nomads were able to kill a few troopers and camels, but they still came. Tom jumped from his mount onto a nomad. He stabbed with his saber and then took out his pistol. With sword and pistol, he cut down three more nomads. The rest of the platoon fought hard and strong. The nomads tried to retreat, and a few did. But in all the Imperial Legion fought hard and cut down many of the nomads. Tom took his sword out of a nomad. Some had surrendered and the Imperial Legion were watching them. The survivors of Yellowknife were bandaged up and camped along the river, waiting for a boat to get them and take them to the nearest city. Tom looked at the carnage. We need to take this colonial war seriously. The Imperial Legion needs more then camels. We need copters, monitors, colonial troops and soldiers. We need more.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:35:07 PM by canada »

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 07:22:06 PM »
Captain Simon Fraser stood on the deck of his new river monitor Orca. The Red River was large enough for many more monitors, but the Orca was one of a fleet of fifteen. The ship slowly made it's way up the river towards nomad territory. Along the starboard and the port sides were fourteen mounted machine guns. Seven on each side. The two guns were loaded and ready to go. Simon turned to his second. "Commander Williams, get those machine guns armed and ready. We're heading into enemy territory, so we need to be ready."

"Yes, sir." The monitor cut its way through the water and soon, Simon saw what he was hunting. A nomad army camp. The camp was foolishly built along the shore of the river. But of course they would still think the river was alright. This will be their first encounter with a monitor. The Orca came up towards the camp and Simon could see the nomads scrurry to get their weapons. He nodded to his gun commander. The two main guns turned towards the nomad camp and soon bealched out flame. Two explosions ripped the camp up. Then seven sailors manned the machine guns and cut down any of the nomads who fought back. The guns and the machine guns levelled the camp and left no one alive. Simon smiled. "Congratulations gents. This war has just turned to our favor."

« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:54:55 PM by canada »

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 10:07:40 PM »
Tom was riding his camel through the desert on his way to the largest nomad camp in the region. The nomads or Nerubians as they call themselves were converging on that spot. For the past three weeks, nomad attacks were fewer in number. He looked around him. He was traveling with his men and then other camel platoons, the First and Second Colonial Companies. He looked at the colonials. They were brown-skinned Metis from Western Canada, white Quebecois from the Kingdom of Quebec and the black Nerubians, who favored Canadian rule. All were dressed in their khaki uniforms and pith helmets, armed with the new SKS rifles. Tom was glad that the new Viceroy had declared the creation of a colonial army. They marched on foor, while the Imperial Legion rode their camels. Sergeant Willars rode up. "Sir, do we know who is leading this army?"

"Ah. A Colonel Sir Frederick Grant, I believe. He's an idiot."

"What do you mean, Lieutenant?"

"In the Battle of Saskatoon, Colonel Grant led his men in a suicidal mission against the orders of both the High Command and the Kaiser. He was supposed to hold the center with the tanks and other infantrymen. But when he saw the enemy retreat, he ordered his men to charge. We knew it was a trap, but we did it anyway. I was under his command until I got moved to Anchorage. He ordered a full bayonet charge and we followed his orders. We abandoned the center and went after the RLF. But then they cut us off from help. We fought our way out, but it was only the Colonel, myself and three others. By abandoning the center and getting his entire command killed, he had doomed Saskatoon. The enemy drove right for the center and crushed it. Then we lost the city and that's why he is out here instead of America."

"We have a lunatic leading us. We're all dead."

Before Tom could agree, a familiar voice got his attention. "Tom, Tom Richards. I haven't seen you since Saskatoon." Tom turned and saw the Colonel ride up to him. Tom saluted. "Colonel Grant."

"It's good to see you again boy. You're a lieutenant now. Well, you have come a long way from Saskatoon."

Tom looked deep into the Colonel's eyes. "And you are still a regect of the High Command. I heard they would'nt promote you to brigadier general after you so bravely held the rearguard against the RLF during the retreat."

Colonel Grant stared down the young lieutenant. "You best know your place, boy. If I had it my way, I would have been on the High Command by now, and you would be a drunk former soldier."

"Funny how things turn out. You are sent to deal with desert nomads instead of fighting the Americans and the Viceroy thinks I have the beginning of a wonderful military career."

Colonel Grant rode ahead of the army as they made their way unto a massive sand dune. Tom looked down and saw the largest nomad army he had ever seen. The army looked like it outnumbered the Canadians nearly three-to-one. Colonel Grant saw the size of the army and Tom could see the colonel sweat in fear. The colonel turned his camel around and rode as fast as he could back to the coast. The Canadians saw this and were about to follow the colonel. Only Tom's platoon and the Canadian Nerubians stayed. Tom turned his camel and cried back to the retreating army. "Don't follow that coward! Follow me and we will be victorious!" A few of the colonials and the Imperial Legion returned, but the majority retreated. Willars turned to Tom. "Well, Colonel Richards, what's the plan?"

Tom drew his saber. "I want two lines of infantry here. I want the cavalry to dismount and form up in the line. We can hold them here. Corporal Stevens, radio in that Colonel Grant has deserted us. Tell them that Lieutenant Tom Richards is in command. Tell them I want anything they can send quickly. And do it now."

Everthing happened in a few minutes. His orders were carried out. He dismounted from his camel and pulled out his SKS rifle. The nomads saw that they could destroy this small  army. They charged with bayonets and swords. Thise with guns fired them. Tom yelled. "Fire!" The Canadian army opened up on the nomads. Many nomads were falling. But they were still outnumbered. Tom  looked at his men. "Slowly retreat, but keep the ranks and keep firing." The army got up and slowly walked backwards firing at the nomads. But they were being overtaken by the nomads. Tom knew this was the end. But in that moment something came formthe sky that he never thought would come. A Specter gunship flew over the nomads. It fired it's 105mm howitzers and gatling guns. The nomads were falling back. Willars looked up and said . "What's that?"

Tom smiled. "That boys, is our guardian angel." The Canadians surged forward. The nomads were being mauled by the continous fire from the infantry and the fire power from the gunship. Soon the nomads either ran for their lives into the desert, or surrendered to the Canadian forces. Tom lookede up into the sky. They had won.

It had been two days since the victory over the nomads. There were a few reports of nomads raiding small farms on the river, but overall, the First Colonial War was over. Tom was in the waiting room of the Viceroy Palace in the capital of Nerubia, Omdurman. The secretary looked at him. Tom thought she was very beautiful with her Metis skin and long black hair. She returned the look at Tom. "You're Tom Richards, right?"

"Yes, I am."

"I'm Sophia Constantine. I was wondering if you would like to get coffee after your meeting?" General Salem poked his head through the door and ushered Tom in. But before the door closed, he looked back. "I'd like to take you out for coffee." Sophia blushed.

Tom saw the Viceroy seated behind his desk. David Morena looked up. "Lieutenant Tom Richards. Good to see you. Take a seat. I have something to say to you." Tom sat down as Viceroy Morena continued. "I was very pleased at you military record. You will make a fine general one day. But today, I have a few things to give you. One is the Cross of the Canadian Empire, the highest military honor you can recieve, the Medal of Valour, the Medal of Bravery, and the rank of Colonel. What do you say that?"

Tom was speechless. "Thank you, Your Excellency." He stood up as the Vicroy pinned the Cross of the Canandian Empire, the Medal of Valor and the Medal of Brovery on his chest. He then handed him his commision and his shoulder straps with the crown and two stars on them, the symbol of the rank of colonel. The Viceroy and the General saluted him and Tom returned the salute. "Congratulations, Colonel Tom Richards."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:45:37 PM by canada »

Offline Lia

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 04:06:26 AM »
"Those bloody Canadians...damn expansionist if I ever seen one.."

Agent Halfcoat walks into the safe house, picking up a cup of Enr as he pass the kitchen.

"Well, Lia just gave us the go's for stopping it. Have that shipment of guns ready."

"Shh, I knew we were gonna have to send it sooner or later...so I had it sent ahead. It's on a ship right now to the coast, the Nerubians are meeting us up there."

"You send it ahead? Without a clean swipe from Lia, you're gonna get us busted!"

"Calm down, I got it cover. There will be no leaks. It's a small ship, the Ners said the landing area is free from the Canadians. It'll take longer to carry those weapon crates...but hey, we're not doing the carrying."

"I assume you had the serials wipe..."

"Clean, no serials, just like I ordered."

"If this works out, it won't be long till the locals beat them back. Have a platoon of A-80s ready, I want them clean as well..."

-------------------------
On a remote inlet a two mast schooner drops anchor. The sailors board their launch and row to land. They are greeted by a band of rugged and dirty Nerubians, follow by a caravan of mules. A few words are exchanged, and the crates are bought on to shore. Containing 300 assault rifles and 500 pounds of ammunition, the crates were loaded on to the mule. The transition took an hour, when the last of the crates were row to shore, the sailors waved the Nerubians goodbye, and boarded their ship. They sail for three days until they arrived at the checkpoint. The sailors grounded the ship onto the sands of the beach. Before they left, they detonated the incendiary explosives on board, the flames turning the vessel into a unrecognizable mass of black ashes and molten metal.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 04:21:35 PM »
OOC: This RP is a planned RP and was over a while ago. I know your new and you didn't know, but this RP is over.

Offline Lia

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »
occ: But this is a colonization thread. If your gonna take this land, shouldn't you expect some resistance to your expansion? What if there are other nations opposed to your expansion? It won't seem really RL if they aren't allow to exercise some influence.

Beside, I'm just adding a little more spice to this thread so Oz will agree to put it on his map, you should be thanking me  ;D.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:43:41 PM by Lia »

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 10:44:16 PM »
haha. Alright, you play the Nerubian rebels and I will play the Canadians. But this a planned RP, so in the end, this will be a Canadian colony. But yeah, you can spice it up.

Offline Bara

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 10:51:26 PM »
OOC: Can i be the Mercenary Company?
Bara, King of Spam, Slayer of Spelling, Vanquisher of Grammar.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 10:52:58 PM »
Sure, what. But who's mercenaries would you like to be?

Offline Bara

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 10:54:18 PM »
how about candas, then the rebels hire us out.
Bara, King of Spam, Slayer of Spelling, Vanquisher of Grammar.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 10:55:07 PM »
how thats dirty? Alright.