Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen reminder: Socioendangerment levels run from one to sixteen. Cooperation with mandatory sentencing from the Citoyen-Mediator may result in decreased rehabilitation length.

Author Topic: Weekly update  (Read 8075 times)

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
Re: Weekly update
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »
Thank you for the very hospitable reception!  Hopefully I'll be able to do more than just update here, after the next couple of weeks. 
We thank you for bringing us the Equilism up-dates with such regularity, and would be delighted to see more of you in the forums.  ;)
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 07:41:50 AM »
Thank you for the very hospitable reception!  Hopefully I'll be able to do more than just update here, after the next couple of weeks. 
We thank you for bringing us the Equilism up-dates with such regularity, and would be delighted to see more of you in the forums.  ;)
* Eluvatar seconds that

It's really very impressive!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Naivetry

• Regina Magistra de Latina
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 02:44:08 AM »
Thank you!  I'll pass along the compliments to our Foreign Affairs team - we have a couple of people who put these together every week.  Well, more or less every week.   ;)

Equilism Update
July 3, 2007

Monarch: Westwind
Lord Chancellor: Notherfork
Population: 137
Regional Power: Very High
Forum Link: http://www.equilism.org/forum
Equilism Wiki: http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php/Category:Equilism

Foreign Affairs
Not much movement in the FA offices this week, although we have received an invitation from the International Union.

Military Affairs
E-Army soldiers have been seen throughout the North Pacific...At least their standard-issue coats will keep them warm there.

The College of Equilism
- The vote for the Lord High Advocate Confirmation is open.
- We also have a few new members to welcome. Applications are welcome anytime!

UN-resolution Voting
Unnecessary Animal Cruelty - 5 Aye, 0 Nay
Repeal "The Right to Form Unions" - 2 Aye, 5 Nay

Bar & Games
A slight drop off in activity, no doubt due to the summer break. Still, games such as "Who will post next?", "5000 bottles of beer" are evergreen and no doubt the spamming will continue soon.

Role Playing & Main Street
While the classical games are still popular, the war surrounding Govvistan’s High Elf’s picture has been put on hold. We are still waiting on the second day of negotiations to begin, but it is not without pressure. There has already been an assasination attempt on Thoughtful Ideas' Empress. We wait with baited breath...

With a wave of interest, Naivetry has opened her self titled Expedition Services. We look forward to the fruits of her labour.

Open Debate Board
Discussion on the upcoming US elections, "God doesn't work, faith is a trick" and the Big Bang Theory just doesn't stop. A couple of new debates have arisen too; we'll keep you posted.

Quote of The Week
This weeks award goes to The Philosophes, with this beauty:
Quote from: The Philosophes
I'm assuming this was a knee-jerk response, because frankly its a statement unbecoming of you, Chainik. And I say this as a man suffering from 10 hours of work on his feet at 130 in the morning, so my sense is about as intact as the china in a china shop mid-bull-run. If that made sense.
Yes, we're a bit confused too.

Equilism World Cup 2007

The Final was played between host Felasia and Westwind. In a fierce match in a jam-packed Unity Stadium, Felasia players were contaminated by the Storm, and not by radiation! They defeated Westwind 2-1.

Felasia vs. Westwind (Unity Stadium, 21:00)
Felasia: 4,131 - 2
Westwind: 21,633 – 1

Congratulations to Felasia, who takes away the World Cup Trophy and 10 Tse Points!

The Trophy:

Most of the other events surrounding the EWC should be finishing shortly.
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
[11:40pm] Soly: Violence is a poor solution.
--------------------

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »
Woot! Am I too late to cheer for any teams? I hope you allow  :drunks: on the stadiums!  :D

Ty for the up-date, Nai. I hope the E-troopers don't stumble upon any land mines ;)
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »
Yep, I'm afraid you're too late.  Seems to be going around these days.

Nope, no land mines in North Pacific.  It remains to be seen, of course, whether land mines will be installed in The North Pacific... we're hoping not, and will be releasing a statement to that effect shortly.
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 01:13:11 PM »
Equilism Update
July 20, 2007

Population: 133

Foreign Affairs
The FA department is currently producing a statement regarding recent events in The North Pacific;

Military Affairs
- There's been sightings of E-Army members searching for the Dark Truth, coming over all Humphrey Bogart-like in Casablanca and quackers in Ducks Go QUACK. 
- Men wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages. Bitter cold. Long months of winter. Constant danger. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success. And lots of shiny stuff. Now recruiting!

The College of Equilism
- Naivety has been confirmed as Lord High Advocate and has been welcomed warmly by the other Triumvirate members. This has also resulted in Astarial's nomination as Advocate General.
- Applications are welcome anytime!

UN-resolution Voting
Delegate Felasia has voted AGAINST the recent resolution 'Environmental Science', based on a vote of 2 Aye and 2 Nay.

Bar & Games
There has been plenty of spamming fun in the Bar, with '5000 bottles of beer' proving very popular (too much so?).

We're still waiting for Nai's lovely maps, while the rest of Main Street seems to have succumbed to the regional summer-slumber. This has also spread to the regular RP-ing crowd, but the Never-Ending Argument has (predictably?) continued.

Open Debate Board
There's been a huge upswing in activity here and, not suprisingly, we've been discussing American politics. Bush commuting Libby's sentence has stirred much debate and debators in the upcoming US elections have continued their merry venting.

The Monkye has dropped a bomb on the ODB! We'll keep updating about this harkaway debate as it unfolds.

Quote of The Week

This weeks award goes jointly to Chainik Hocker and Chaucerin, for a marvellous team effort.

Chauce replies to an earlier announcement by Chainik.
In other news, I am shocked and gratified that Canada6, Chaucerin, and I am apparently in the same superhero league. Freedom's Trio, away!
We should get uniforms -- and not crappy ones [like] Electric Superman, either...
This was followed immediately by Chainik.
Ehhh.. excuse me, I need to make a phone call... do you have maybe a quarter I can borrow...? Cell phones, phoi, you know how expensive those are... excuse me...

<quick change>

SuperJew away!

Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 01:10:35 PM »
Thanks for the update, Naivetry!  SuperJew is my new favorite hero.  ;D

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 10:30:52 PM »
You're welcome!   SuperJew is impressive, is he not?  :D
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 05:48:06 PM »
Equilism Update
August 3, 2007

Population: 121 [-12]

Foreign Affairs
Responses have been provided to the occurances in The North Pacific and in the Rejected Realms, and have been disseminated to our various embassies. The new Acting Chancellor, Flexion, also apologises for the late publishing of this issue of Equilism Update.

Military Affairs
- Like the little baby ducks in cartoons, E-Army soldiers have followed their fearless leaders back into Ducks Go QUACK, although we doubt that they've yet managed to use bright yellow down as camouflage.
- Men wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages. Bitter cold. Long months of winter. Constant danger. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success. And lots of shiny stuff. Now recruiting!

The College of Equilism
- Astarial has been confirmed as Advocate General. Congratulations Asta!
- Westwind has been using his powers as Monarch to make some very pleasing proclamations: Enter  Lord Chaucerin, Father of Laws and Lady Tse Moana of the Waterfall!

UN-resolution Voting
Delegate Felasia has voted FOR the recent resolution 'UN Labor Relations Act', based on a vote of 4 Aye and 0 Nay.

Bar & Games
Restored Othalla has been leading a new wave of spam-warfare in the Bar & Games subforum.

We're still waiting for Nai's lovely maps, while the rest of Main Street seems to have succumbed to the regional summer-slumber, although in a gritty typicality of Equilismers, the 'Attack the Previous Poster' thread has been going strong.

Open Debate Board
It's been a strong week overall for the ODB, with much debate about the dropping of atomic weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WW2, more talk about God and Chainik Hocker has been restraining us from a religion flamewar.

Quote of The Week

Quote from: Canada6
Ironically, it's probably the simplicity of evolutionary theory contrasting with the complexity of the visible world that makes it so hard for some to accept. That's when they start pulling out bananas and pictures of croco-ducks.
In his very insightful manner, Canada6 again gives us this weeks best quote, although Chaucerin gave him a run for his money with this one in the very same thread...

Quote from: Chaucerin
No evidence for it, no reason to beleive it - except for faith alone. Occam also cuts you on this one...
Carebears were invented by an evil, evil force - no question...
And there's no forgetting Astarial.

Quote from: Astarial
Clearly the invisible pink unicorns are invisibly pink, not invisibly blue, or green, or any other blasphemous color.

That about wraps up this weeks update from the friendly folks in Equilism. We wish you all the best and we'll see you next week. Take care!
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 07:43:19 PM »
Quote from: Flexion, Acting Chancellor of Equilism Foreign Affairs (http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=5462&hl=)
This embassy has been closed until further notice. A statement will be issued by Foreign Affairs to explain Equilism's stance on recent events.
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------