Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us develop the University into a world-class school, and the centerpiece of Taijituan culture!

Author Topic: Reception hall, Equilism embassy  (Read 19363 times)

Offline Naivetry

• Regina Magistra de Latina
Reception hall, Equilism embassy
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »
Welcome to Equilism's embassy in Taijitu!  Here is where you may ask questions about our region, plan a visit, or discuss events of interest in Equilism and beyond.

Today, in celebration of this opening of diplomatic relations, the Chancellory of Foreign Affairs has provided a sampling of the best food and drink Equilism has to offer, along with informative displays about our region and culture.  The latest news can be found in the media center down the hall, while for tonight, of course, there is an open bar.  Please help yourselves to some champagne!

Here's to the new friendship between Equilism and Taijitu - may it be long and joyful!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 07:16:40 AM by Naivetry »
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
[11:40pm] Soly: Violence is a poor solution.
--------------------

Offline Notherfork

• Foreign Affairs Deputy Chancellor of Equilism
    • Equilism Forums
Re: Reception hall, Equilism embassy
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »
Ooo, very nice, ambassador! I see you use the Chancellory's budget wisely.  ;D

Well, here's to a long and healthy friendship!
Serving the Realm of Equilism as Foreign Affairs Deputy Chancellor
A Collegian member of the College of Equilism and the Realm
E-Army Soldier  / Former Minister of Immigration / Former Senator
Former Praetor of International Affairs / Writer for the Equilism News Agency
Unofficial Equilism Mothman (aka Nothman), Official Equilism Lookalike
Vassal States of the Notherfork Fatherland: Lamdalia, Iveslan; Lannisburg
Equilism Ambassador to the United Kingdom, the East Pacific, the North Pacific

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 06:17:53 AM »
Congratulations, Naivetry! The place has been magnificently arranged. I like it very much.
Here's to a bright future for our regions!
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »
Nai nods to Notherfork and PoD Gunner and grins.  "Thank you."

"I would like to apologize in advance, by the way, for not becoming more involved here immediately - internal affairs in Naivetry are consuming a great deal of our nation's time and resources [in RL I'm out of the country until July, and using internet cafes gets expensive].  The weekly update will continue to appear on schedule, however; inactive ambassadors have been threatened with a stint in The Merlion's infamous privatized prison service."  Nai gets a glazed look in her eyes.  "Does anyone else hear water dripping?"

"Anyway, cheers!"
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------

Offline Khablan

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 06:22:07 PM »
I come to ask the question burning on everyone's tongues, which is in regards to the state of cookies in Equilism.  One has heard rumors of cookie famine in select regions.  Is Equilism one of them?  Or are such treats in plentiful supply there?  Is there any truth to the rumor that there's a chocolate chip shortage?  And what sort of cookes are generally favored in that region?  And by you, our esteemed Ambassador Naivetry? 
For all the news, check out our Community Office!

Got questions?  We got answers!  Come see our Information Section!

Official welcome wagon of Taijitu, Co-Minister of Community and Recruitment. Taijitu's ambassador to TWP, Madre Califidrix of the Order of Gryphons. 

Also unofficial forum mom - provider of various sources of solace for the soul, including but not limited to cookies, hugs, and hot cocoa.

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 04:48:45 AM »
"Well, Khab, while Naga's Teahouse on Main Street has been known to supply the region with baked goods, unfortunately the supply of cookies in particular is low.  Furthermore, due to the recent absence of Nagabeth, the proprietor of the Teahouse, no baked goods have been consumed in Equilism for close to 2 months.  (The cupcakes I served the E-Army don't count.)

"In short, Equilism is, by my estimation, in dire need of cookies.  We have consumed so few that I could hardly make a guess at which variety would be preferred.  Several truckloads of all kinds would be needed to cover every contingency.  Personally, I favor white chocolate macadamia nut, so long as the chocolate is good, the macadamia nuts are fresh, and the cookie itself is more buttery than sweet."
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 01:15:38 PM »
My goodness, what dire tidings!  I will arrange for several shipments of cookies to be delivered forthwith.  I shall have to consult with Mama Khab, but I believe the chocolate chip and white chocolate macadamia will be among the first ready to ship out.

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 09:01:43 PM »
"The cookies have arrived!  The citizens of Equilism send many thanks."
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------

Offline Khablan

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 06:26:45 AM »
Anytime, my dear!  Cookies are an important part of a person's diet.  People who don't get enough cookies age prematurely and become terribly cranky, you know.

Official welcome wagon of Taijitu, Co-Minister of Community and Recruitment. Taijitu's ambassador to TWP, Madre Califidrix of the Order of Gryphons. 

Also unofficial forum mom - provider of various sources of solace for the soul, including but not limited to cookies, hugs, and hot cocoa.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 12:26:12 PM »
How relieved I am to hear of our goodwill gift's arrival I cannot properly express given the limited variety of words available in the English language.  Thus, I must invent one: Snyera!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 12:54:55 PM »
How relieved I am to hear of our goodwill gift's arrival I cannot properly express given the limited variety of words available in the English language.  Thus, I must invent one: Snyera!

(click to show/hide)

Naughty naughty :-P :whip:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »
Elu, you sound almost surprised!  Almost...

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 04:01:07 AM »
Nai finishes tightening the dust covers over the last sofa.  She paces slowly through the embassy, making sure the doors are shut, closing the windows, straightening the lampshades.  The bar is empty; she runs her hand across its smooth counter and walks to the front entrance.  Outside, the stars are shining beyond the glare of a thousand street lights.

Nai steps out into the cool night air, takes a deep breath, and listens to the locks sliding into place behind her.  "Guess this is it."  The darkened embassy fades into the distance; ahead, the river glitters like a broken mirror.  "What now?"
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------

Offline Khablan

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 04:29:49 AM »
A package is delivered just as Nai has locked up.  Inside it are a few assorted gifts of friendship from the girls over at the Ministry of Community.  Contained within the tissue are a box of assorted gourmet coffees, another of herbal teas, an invitation to come visit the CO for a chat and cookies any time, and a t-shirt that says "I went to Taijitu and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".  And a note that says, "We're going to miss you, dear Nai!"

Offline Naivetry

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 07:00:29 AM »
Nai, surprised, opens the package, gasps at the wonderful assortment of coffees and teas, laughs at the T-shirt, and smiles a little sadly at the note.  Then she sees the invitation, and sets off for the CO.  "Well, I can't pass on cookies, now, can I?" she says to herself.
Visitor from Equilism
--------------------
--------------------