Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us make the whole region resound with the song of We Are The Happiest People in NationStates.

Author Topic: Re: Embassy Request: 10000 Islands  (Read 14020 times)

Offline Isles de Taylor

Re: Embassy Request: 10000 Islands
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
Hi there, I would like to introduce myself. I am Isles de Taylor, emissary to your region from the 10000 Islands. If you have any questions about the 10000 Islands, please feel free to ask.
Your Emissary from 10000 Islands! :)

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
Re: Re: Embassy Request: 10000 Islands
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:06:56 PM »
Hi there, I would like to introduce myself. I am Isles de Taylor, emissary to your region from the 10000 Islands. If you have any questions about the 10000 Islands, please feel free to ask.

Why the name

Offline Isles de Taylor

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:48:29 PM »
I am called Isles de Taylor as I am called Taylor and I liked the name of Ile de France. I just removed the France and I replaced it with my name. I also decided that I needed to sound more British so, yes, that's why I am called Isles de Taylor.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:43:13 AM »
I am called Isles de Taylor as I am called Taylor and I liked the name of Ile de France. I just removed the France and I replaced it with my name. I also decided that I needed to sound more British so, yes, that's why I am called Isles de Taylor.

That sounds lovely but, I was asking about ten thousand islands.

Offline Isles de Taylor

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:04:07 AM »

The 10000 Islands name origins I don't know. I could ask the delegate if you like.

Offline Isles de Taylor

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »
[align=center][/align]
10000 Islands Monthly Emissary Update
Date: April 2016
Population: 2,058
Delegate Endorsements: 543

This is the Emissary Report for March, 2016

Politics

- Grub: Founder and Chief Executive
- Louisistan: Delegate
-- Elite: Foreign Affairs Secretary
- The Candy Lane: Minister of Immigration
- Markanite: Minister of Education
- Cerb: Minister of Labor
- Dominion of Compassion: Senator for New Republica South
-- Odrin: Deputy Senator for New Republica South
- Ardreas: Senator for Lyonnesse East
- Control: Senior Senator for Blue Canaria North
- Barry: Senator for Himes West

Politics News
- Paffnia’s term as delegate has ended. Thank you for your excellent leadership and dedicated service, Paffnia!

- Elite has been named Foreign Affairs Secretary; he is responsible for helping Louisistan run the XKI State Department.

- NS236-1 Arctic Embassy Request , passed unanimously, establishing an embassy with Arctic.

- NS236-2 Clarification of Political Party Rules , passed 8 for and 1 abstention. Changed the political party rules to clear out inactive parties.

[align=center]Why don't we ever hear of a thief stealing from a senator's house?

Professional courtesy.[/align]

Military

- Grub: Founder and Commander-in-Chief
- Klopstock: Field Commander
- Control: Tactical Officer
- Witchcraft and Sorcery: Tactical Officer
- Kanta Hame: Tactical Officer
- Woonsocket: Tactical Officer EF
- Barry: Executive Officer

TITO News

- Smugglers and Mercs earned his 150th Battle Star and was named TITO Knight Battalion Commander.

- Ater Nox earned his 300th Battle Star and was named TITO Knight Legion Commander.

-  USSR / Hahiha earned his 100th Battle Star and was named TITO Knight Commander.

[align=center]I was working in TITO security when a VIP from another region called to ask to whom he should address an important letter. Knowing my tough-to-spell last name would give him fits, I said, “Just put down Sergeant Gary, as my last name is too hard.”

The next day, I received a letter addressed to Sgt. Gary Toohard.[/align]

Around the Islands
- Werewolves 48, run by Ater Nox, was a good cruise, but the wolves were quickly sunk. (http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/31721/ww48-voyage-ss-ormonde)

- Isles de Taylor has begun the inaugural Taco Island Hunger Games. Eight nations have sent tributes to compete for fame and fortune. (http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/32055/taco-island-hunger-games)

Written by Control

Offline Louisistan

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 01:31:47 PM »

Seeing as nobody actually knows who founded the region, nobody knows the answer to that question either. So all we can do is speculate that it has either to do with the RL group of islands called "Ten thousand islands" off the coast of southwest Florida, or somebody misspelled the salad dressing.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 09:24:46 PM »

Seeing as nobody actually knows who founded the region, nobody knows the answer to that question either. So all we can do is speculate that it has either to do with the RL group of islands called "Ten thousand islands" off the coast of southwest Florida, or somebody misspelled the salad dressing.

This cannot be! I order the assembly of an investigatory team!

Offline Isles de Taylor

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 09:08:12 PM »

This cannot be! I order the assembly of an investigatory team!
Feel free to do so. ;)

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 06:35:43 PM »
How dare you not know why it's named ten thousand islands!? :guillotine:

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 08:07:25 PM »

Offline Isles de Taylor

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 01:21:12 PM »
Here is the first ever emissary report from 10000 Islands written by me!

[align=center][/align]
10000 Islands Monthly Emissary Update
Date: June 2016
Population: 1,918
Delegate Endorsements: 597
Forum: 10000islands.proboards.com

The Following is the Emissary Report for June 2016.

Note from the Delegate
Dear Friends of 10000 Islands,

I must apologise for not publishing an emissary report last month. We somehow got so caught up in election fever, House competitions and other exciting stuff, that we somehow managed to forget the report. Of course that doesn't mean we forgot about you. Please enjoy the fruity cocktail that our Emissaries and Ambassadors are serving alongside this report.

We've also taken the liberty of making this a double report, so you can catch up with all that happened since the last report.

Yours,
Louisistan

Regional Events
The current Council of Nine (the Government of 10000 Islands) is composed of:
-   Grub (Chief Executive/Founder)
-   Louisistan (WA Delegate)
-   Markanite (Minister of Education)
-   The Candy Lane (Minister of Immigration)
-   Cerb (Minister of Labor)
-   Dominion of Compassion (Senior Senator for New Republica South)
-   Barry (Senator for Himes West)
-   Ardreas (Senator for Lyonesse East)
-   Isles de Taylor (Senator for Blue Canaria North)

Political News
-   Control’s term as Senior Senator for Blue Canaria North has ended. Thanks for your service!
-   Isles de Taylor has been elected as Control’s replacement as Senator for Blue Canaria North.
-   Dominion of Compassion has been promoted to Senior Senator. Good luck!
-   NS236-3 St Abbaddon Embassy passed unanimously, establishing embassies with St Abbaddon.
-   NS238-1 Embassy with International Northwestern Union passed unanimously, establishing embassies with International Northwestern Union.
-   NS238-2 Embassy with Greater Dienstad passed unanimously, establishing embassies with Greater Dienstad.

Military
TITO Command consists of:
-   Grub: Founder and Commander-in-Chief
-   Klopstock: Field Commander
-   Kanta Hame: Tactical Officer
-   Witchcraft and Sorcery: Tactical Officer
-   Woonsocket: Tactical Officer EF
-   Barry: Executive Officer

TITO News
-   A TITO medal ceremony was held on “Anime Daisuki Day” on April 13th. Elite was awarded the Bronze Star for his six years of Outstanding Service to TITO, and Odrin and Kortexia were awarded the Steadfast Badge for their reliable service and commitment to TITO efforts over the prior three months.
-   Woonsocket earned his 300th Battle Star and was named TITO Knight Legion Commander.
-   Ananke II earned her 250th Battle Star and was named TITO Knight Marshall Commander.
-   Elite earned his 200th Battle Star and was named TITO Knight Master Commander
-   Klopstock earned his 150th Battle Star and was named TITO Knight Battalion Commander.
-   Witchcraft and Sorcery earned his 100th Battle Star and was named TITO Knight Commander.
-   Dominion of Compassion was honoured and named as the 84th Knight of TITO.
-   Control stepped down as Tactical Officer with thanks for his exemplary service.

Around the Islands
-   Werewolf 49: Ravenna’s Reign, hosted by Dominion of Compassion, was a huge success. The wolves, however, won. 10000islands.proboards.com/thread/32260/ww49-ravennas-reign
-   The 1st Taco Island Hunger Games, hosted by Isles de Taylor and The Changeling Horde, was won by Ruby Hawkeye from Free Guns For All. 10000islands.proboards.com/thread/32055/1st-taco-island-hunger-games
-   The First Triwizard Tournament, hosted by Dominion of Compassion is in progress. 10000islands.proboards.com/thread/32167/first-taco-island-triwizard-tournament
-   Sign-ups have begun for the XKI Parkour Championships, hosted by Isles de Taylor. 10000islands.proboards.com/thread/32222/xki-parkour-championships-sign-ups
-   The XKI Lottery gave away three jackpots! Baden-Wuerttemberg won 110,000 Tacos on Friday the 13th, Randomain won 50,000 Tacos the following week, and Ba-Wu won 60,000 Tacos on the 3rd of June. 10000islands.proboards.com/thread/27100/xki-lottery-flag
-   Witchcraft & Sorcery has been named as the Dean of the University! Congratulations! 10000islands.proboards.com/thread/32317/witchcraft-sorcery-named-dean-university

Written by Isles de Taylor, with the help of his deputy, Coromandall.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 07:47:30 PM »
Looks good

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 01:19:53 AM »
Nice!

Thanks for the report!

:tai:

Offline Isles de Taylor

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 07:00:34 AM »
Thanks for the compliments!

I have a message to pass on from Louisistan, WA Delegate from 10000 Islands.

[align=center]
The World Assembly Delegate for 10000 Islands[/align]
A Statement on “Liberate California”:

This past weekend, notorious invader General Knot has presented a draft to the Security Council, in which he claims that the Ten thousand Islands Treaty Organisation (TITO) is in the process of passwording the region of California without native consultation. This is blatantly untrue. The long-time natives of California have been involved in all discussions regarding the fate of California. General Knot has yet to present the Council with evidence to the contrary. Of the three native nations he lists, two have sadly CTE and are thus unable to testify as to their involvement, while the third one left California during the last occupation, quite probably in frustration about the continued attacks on their homeland.

Outside the actual draft, but inside the drafting thread, Knot goes on to accuse TITO and the Yggdrasil Defence Service (YDS) of trying to refound California in order to keep it as a trophy. This completely ignores historic facts. Whenever TITO was involved in a refound operation of an active region, the region has been returned to native control. Notable examples include Australia, and Deutschland. TITO has never kept any trophy regions, except when orchestrating hostile refounds of invader regions. California is not an invader region and as such there is no danger of it ending up as a TITO trophy. Organisations that do keep trophy regions include raiders such as the Black Hawks and the now not only defunct but also forbidden organisation of DEN. Knot still prides himself on the rank he held in the latter, despite the site staff’s large-scale intervention against DEN for multiple and repeated rule-breaking behaviour, citing a “culture of rule-breaking [that] has become institutionalised” in DEN  (Sedgistan).

It is patently obvious that Knot does not have the best interests of California natives at heart. After all, he had absolutely no objections when DEN occupied the region, passworded it and reduced the regional population to the single-digit numbers. He also showed no respect for the long-term natives he’s claiming to represent when he was involved in the invasion of California by “The Invaders” last week. This is simply a cheap attempt at tarnishing the reputation of TITO and YDS, while providing no evidence to back up his claims. He is purely interested in keeping California open for future invasions.

We will not let this cheap attempt at slander keep us from supporting native communities in securing their regions.

Louisistan
WA Delegate, 10000 Islands