Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let's promote the adoption of the Revolutionary Calendar to advance the scientific timekeeping of the region!

Author Topic: FRAvision 2015!  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Tim

• Foreign Dignitary
FRAvision 2015!
« on: June 12, 2015, 12:52:39 AM »

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 4th! FRAVision song contest- a cultural exchange like no other! Events can be found here:

http://renegadeislands.proboards.com/

We cannot believe it has been 4 years. There is no other event like it on Nationstates.

Great! You might say that.... but you've obviously not seen the other 3 years :P So for those who aren't familiar with how this works, our programme of events is below:

FRAVision will be a song contest between regions and individuals. Any individual, collection of individuals or regions can submit an entry. The contest will last 3 special weeks and take the form of three phases...

1. Submission (23rd May - 20th June 2015)

Anyone wishing to participate will submit their entry by creating a thread in the Submissions Forum using the following format...

(click to show/hide)

2. Judging (20 June -27th June 2012)

Once the submission phase is over the judges made up of all regional reps of the FRA Regional Assembly, and regions who submit a song (only one vote per region) will vote on their preferred songs. Judges will rate their top 5 songs in order of preference (awarding their favourite 12 (douze) points, then 10 (dix), 8 (huit) points, 6 (six) points and so forth). This will be done by judges posting their votes in a designated thread I will open.

3. Award Ceremony (28th June 2012)

Once the judging period is over the winners will be announced in an awesome and special award ceremony. Awards will be available for the top 3 candidates.

Sounds awesome. Can anyone take part?

I know, it does. Anyone can take part- you don't need to be a citizen of a FRA member region or even a defender. Each region and person is limited to one entry only however, including if they are submitting an entry as a group.

Can we make up our own song?

Of course. Entries are only required to be a song- if you've written your own we'd love to hear you sing it, but failing that lyrics are also accepted!

Can I submit a song I haven't written?

Absolutely. Any song which you feel sums up your region or nation is acceptable. Remember you are representing your region on the world stage and should show off the culture of your region as best as possible.

So get composing!

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
Re: FRAvision 2015!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:23:35 PM »
This is Lindisfarne's choice for the Taijitu entry:

https://youtu.be/1SD94Gx3dw0

We think it embodies the spirit of Taijitu and the glorious REVOLUTION!

:tai:

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 05:33:53 PM »
I propose that St Oz write us up a raunchy diddy for a group song.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »