Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let this region resound with the song of the Kitten Paw Happy-time, and be permeated with the smell of catnip and pine!

Author Topic: Embassy Request From Kvatch  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Emortia

Embassy Request From Kvatch
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:25:33 PM »
Greetings to the Most Honourable Citizens of Taijitu:

Preemptive apologies if I have done anything done any breaches of protocol in posting this, now on to business. On behalf, His Highness Vaculatestar Fominov, Count of Kvatch, I wish to formally request from the most honoured citizens of this region an embassy.

We are currently a relatively new, medium sized region, currently build it civil service.  Some may believe then that since we are a relatively new region that we should wait for until later before we request this.  I can assure you however, that we do have the staying power to be a long-term region.  Our forums are located at http://s15.zetaboards.com/Kvatch/index/. We look forward to good relationships between our regions in the future no matter what the outcome is of your decision. 

Thank You for Your Time and Consideration and Best Regards,

Emortia

P.S Feel free to ask me any questions about the region you would like to have answered.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Re: Embassy Request From Kvatch
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 12:32:32 AM »
I ask our Citizen-Initiator Gulliver to move this into an Ecclesia discussion. I personally would be happy to have ties with a new region.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:07:21 AM »
I have a few questions, if you don't mind answering them:

1. What kind of government do you have? Absolute Monarchy? Constitutional Monarchy? Parliamentary Republic? Presidential Republic?

2. Do you have a regional policy on the invasion game? Do you intend to invade other regions? Defend them? Both?

3. Do you have relations with any of our current diplomatic partners? If so, which ones? Which of our partners that you don't have relations with might you be interested in relations with and why?

Curious minds want to know.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 02:43:18 AM »
I have some questions as well:

1. Tell us about your regional roleplay/world building. What's the style and setting? Tech level? Do you encourage development of roleplay and worldbuilding in your region or is it more of a side bonus to membership?

2. I would like to echo Eluvatar's questions about the R/D side of things.

3. What history do your leaders and high echelons have in NationStates? Are you a group of new players carving a name for themselves, people rejected from their home, or something else entirely?

4. Who killed Serjo Indoril Nerevar, Hortator of the Great Houses of the Chimer, and hearthfriend to Dumac Dwarf-king?
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:03:56 AM »
Not to overburden you, but I must add to the relentless stream of questions:

1. What are your plans for long term growth in the region? Where do you see this region in, say, a year?

2. What, if anything, distinguishes Kvatch from other regions? To echo Mooryria's question, what was the motivation for founding the region?

3. A region's resolve can only truly be evaluated in times of crisis. If your region were to be threatened, how would you respond? Would you slam with the best, or jam with the rest?

4. When you become our fiefdom partner, what will you offer Taijitu?

Offline Emortia

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 04:51:52 AM »
I thank the Honourable Gentleman for his questions. Here are our responses, hopefully they are satisfactory.

1. We are a Constitutional Monarchy in fact we just finished drafting our constitution. We have a monarch (the Count), and come the next election Jan 7 we will have a Steward (WAD) and Knights Council (Legislative branch). We also, have an independent judiciary as well.

2. We will reach a formal opinion on this after the next general election. As it stands right now, we will probably do some of both.

3. No, as a new region I do not believe we currently have we currently have any relations with any of your partners, mainly due to our size.  If we had the numbers, we would try to establish relations with TNP and TRR, right now. Others may be up for discussion later.  We want would these because we are trying to build a network of Embassies and they are prominent centers of knowledge and influence in NS, thus, making good allies and friends.

In response to the other Honourable Gentleman's questions:
1. Well, since we are TES themed region we will definitely have that aspect to our rping.  We do not at this time intend to set a specific tech level or otherwise since would be unfair to force nations that would want to use another type.  We will however, leave that up to as specific event coordinator. Most of us seem to want to be past tech, or, in my case post-apocalyptic magicpunk.  We intend to encourage RP as part of our regions goal, is to combined elements of NS that traditionally do not get along together.
2. Please, see two above.
3. Our core royal family are friends from several regions and had formed a family dynasty that decided to form a region of their own as well.  As for the Knights of the realm, I have played for many years in solitude, and finally decide to get involved in the larger world. The other night I believe is a new player.
4. This is disputed is it not?  Do you want the Nord version or the Ashlander Version?

In response to the third Honourable Gentleman's questions:
1. Do you mean, how do we intend to build ourselves as a functional region or, do how do we intend on getting more nations?  As stated, we intend upon combining all of the main areas of NS in an equal fashion whereas most regions just focus on one or the other.  We are also, currently building our civil service and military, as well as building a role-playing community.  In a year, we hope to have relations with several of the GCRs, a government that has been efficient and successful for quite some time, and a place for where strangers from all lifestyles can become friends.
2. Our founder’s intent is to combined elements of NS that generally do not get along to well in an equal fashion. In addition, to make an awesome TES themed region that is not defined by TES, which is the pitfall for many themed regions.  Third we,  our region will be a place, were all nations, young or old will be able to have a say and influence matters. 
3. It would depend on who is threatening us.  For most threats, we would do what is necessary to survive. The only thing we truly would fear would be the Mods and [V] but as we do not intend to cause them problems they should not cause us any either.  I believe however, that I would not be allowed to deluge our exact response until our two regions were closer for security purposes.  :)
4.  We would offer our loyalty, as we would not abandon a partner. We would also, offer so influence with an area of NS you do not currently have.

Notes:
1. If the last few do not make sense it is because I am tired. Just imagine they sound awesome.
2.  I hope you put some cheese sandwiches next to me.  :)
3. If these answers are not sufficient or, you have other questions, feel free to ask. 

Again thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 05:09:11 AM »
The Ashlander version is the only version.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline Emortia

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 05:14:34 AM »
Try telling that to the Nords and the Great Houses that accepted the Tribunal.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:17:04 AM by Emortia »

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:20:19 AM »
I want your opinion.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Emortia

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 06:41:36 AM »
In my opinion, I do agree with Funkadelia, that he was most likely betrayed by the Tribunal. Especially, because Vivec, ignores to many details to be  whole-hardheartedly believed in his account.

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 02:16:22 PM »
You seem to recognise and appreciate Taijitu customs. I think I would support opening relations.
Ur a towel

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »
Thank you for answering the many questions that have been sent your way, Emortia. And so quickly! :D

I encourage you to stop in our IRC channel, if you have the chance. It's a great way to get to know us as individuals and as a region. #taijitu