Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Play forum games in an offensive way, like those of the anti-junta resistance!

Author Topic: Apply for a Child Board  (Read 143484 times)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Apply for a Child Board
« on: June 30, 2007, 12:27:26 AM »
Religious organizations should apply here to get a child board of the Acropolis.

The applicant shall as implicit leader become Moderator of that child board until the religion makes clear that they have changed leadership. They will be responsible for maintaining a roll of members.

If there are more than 5 child boards already established, then, like with the Zocalo, it will be necessary for an application to be accompanied by a petition with more signatories than the smallest religion already established.

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Master

• The Enlightened One
  • MU!
    • The Way of Illuminating Fire
Waves upon the shore
From great silence, sound anew
The Master returns.

The green moss creeping
Stones reach to the azure sky
He requests a board.

Sparrows perched on twigs
Fleeting life in falling seeds
Disciples, he seeks.
"Kill, Kill!"

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Re: Apply for a Child Board
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 06:16:28 PM »
Oh, I got a haiku too.

Give the Church of Pha
a kid board or die, because
Pha gets what Pha wants.

* Libertarian Monarchy of Myroria bows
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Solnath

• Solus Victor
  • Pamfu desu!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 06:18:11 PM »
Remarkable as it is, I agree with Myro.
Neutral Evil

Offline Tatar

• Language Learner and Holy Shaman of the Tengri
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »
I want a new child board.Order of Tengri

-Please excuse my lingual errors, English isnĀ“t my native speak..-

Crimean Tatars Will Stronger!

Offline Heleria

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 03:09:20 PM »
I want a new child board: The United World Church

/edit: Subtitle forgotten: The United Church for all Christians in Taijitu
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 03:53:12 PM by Heleria »
Credo in Deum patrem omnipotentem, creatorem caeli et terrae; Et in Iesum Christum, filium eius unicum, dominum nostrum, qui conceptus est de Spiritu sancto, natus ex Maria virgine, passus sub Pontio Pilato, crucifixus, mortuus et sepultus, descendit ad infernos, tertia die resurrexit a mortuis, ascendit ad caelos, sedet ad dexteram dei patris omnipotentis, inde venturus est iudicare vivos et mortuos;
Credo in Spiritum sanctum, sanctam ecclesiam catholicam, sanctorum communionem, remissionem peccatorum,
carnis resurrectionem, et vitam aeternam. Amen.

Offline Plumais

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 06:24:37 AM »
I want a new child board: The United World Church

/edit: Subtitle forgotten: The United Church for all Christians in Taijitu

His Eminence Jean Cardinal Louis of the Archdiocese of Plumais City formally requests that the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church recieves the privilege of erecting a cathedral upon the acropolis. While We are in full support of reaching out to our separated brethren of both the East and West, it is intolerable for Us to be lumped together into a singular group for all Christians, as if longstanding theological and hierarchical differences no longer remain. We request that instead of one church being constructed for some watered-down, least-common-denominator ecumenist faith, that a section of the Acropolis be set aside for all Christians to build their own houses of worship... perhaps with a central 'non-denominational' edifice in the center'.

ooc: Essentially, I am suggesting that a 'Christian' Child board be created, instead of a 'United Church' board... Otherwise I would be constrained by the rules of roleplay to request a separate Acropolan space for the Catholic Church (which 90% of Plumaisians are members of), seeing as this UCC would not be the same denomination! And, I can imagine that others wanting real-world Christian groups represented might ask the same.  Really its the same concept as Heleria suggested, just altered to work around some technicalities. In Role-Play terms it is a reserved section for a variety of Christian denominations, instead of just one.

Offline Khablan

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 07:12:48 AM »
Plumais, forgive me if I'm misunderstand the intention of your proposal, but it sounds to me as if you mean it to be for RP purposes.  In that case, we have a very active Role Play area where you could start such a board.  Or am I simply not understanding this correctly?
For all the news, check out our Community Office!

Got questions?  We got answers!  Come see our Information Section!

Official welcome wagon of Taijitu, Co-Minister of Community and Recruitment. Taijitu's ambassador to TWP, Madre Califidrix of the Order of Gryphons. 

Also unofficial forum mom - provider of various sources of solace for the soul, including but not limited to cookies, hugs, and hot cocoa.

Offline Talmann

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 03:11:27 PM »
Yes, my friends. This section of the forum is for you, the user. RP religions can be posted in the OOC section of the forum, or in the National Statistics sub-forum in the Roleplay Area.
Music is the key to the heart.

"Once art to me was something far off, unfathomable and unreachable... But I discovered that the real essence of art was not something high up and far off, it was right inside my ordinary daily self. If a musician wants to be a fine artist, he must first become a finer person. A work of art is the expression of a person's whole personality, sensibility, and ability." -Shinichi Suzuki

Offline Solnath

• Solus Victor
  • Pamfu desu!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 03:20:13 PM »
This is not role-playing, this is... Sparta!

And thus, I'd like to apply for an Acropolis child board.

Title: "The Medeist Academy"
Subtitle: "Humans of the world, unite! Long live the Solitariat!"
Neutral Evil

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 03:03:31 PM »
My apologies for taking so long to notice these requests.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kozai

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 08:39:08 PM »
I want to establish the Knights Fade (think Knights Templar but get rid of Christianity).

There is not more than 5 religions... although... if I misunderstood, I petition to destroy the United World Church. Heleria has not logged in for 2 weeks, and his nation is not located in Taijitu so I assume he quit Taijitu and not gone inactive as his nation in Taijitu is pretty active.

The only supporter I've seen of his is somebody with two posts from July 10th on this thread, 2 posts within that time... Hmm...

Seeing as they have no followers as far as I know, only one signature is needed. Mines, unless I can't sign, if thats so... tell me, please.

Kozai

Offline Khablan

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 11:24:19 PM »
Heleria posted that he was moving to another region.

By the way, Kozai, have you considered our chapter of the Order of Gryphons?  It isn't religious-based either.  It's formed based on medieval / King Arthur concept.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 11:26:26 PM by Khablan »

Official welcome wagon of Taijitu, Co-Minister of Community and Recruitment. Taijitu's ambassador to TWP, Madre Califidrix of the Order of Gryphons. 

Also unofficial forum mom - provider of various sources of solace for the soul, including but not limited to cookies, hugs, and hot cocoa.

Offline Khablan

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 12:15:57 AM »
Might I suggest that anyone applying for a child board should have been a forum member for 30 days or maybe base it on a certain post count minimum?  It would at least prevent such things from happening too often.  Very new people are more likely to quit or move elsewhere than those who've been here awhile.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »
That sounds like an excellent idea, Mama.  Would you rather add that as a rule to these application threads, or propose a law in the Senate?  Personally, I think adding it to the thread a la The Map should be enough.